Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tin Whistle Classes

Options
  • 19-12-2010 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi all...anyone know of Tin Whistle classes/tutors suitable for 8 year olds?

In, near or around Sligo...

thxx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Not sure of any my self but would be sure that any of the players at any of the trad sessions around town would point you in the right direction, or maybe ask in the Record Room on John Street.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Hi CityMan would you rather group classes or one to one lessons? The Fred Finn branch of ceoltas ceoltoiri eireann run children's classes every week, details here. If you would prefer individual lessons I can recommend some fantastic tutors who have experience teaching kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

thanks for the leads folks...appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Michael Hurley in Ballymote gives lessons. Not sure if he just comes out to local schools though.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

magnumlady wrote: »
    Michael Hurley in Ballymote gives lessons. Not sure if he just comes out to local schools though.

He taught me tin whistle and flute. He used to do schools, group and individual classes. Dunno if he still does though, was a good 6+ years ago at this stage but he is good at teaching!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement