Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VODAFONE IP ADDRESSES BARRED BY A WEBSITE -FAIR

• 19-12-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭

I have not had this happen before so wondering what is the situtaion. Clicked on a website I occasionally accessed amd got this message

"Sorry, but you were redirected here from the site you intended to visit Based on Your IP address

We hope you’ll be able to visit us again soon.

Why were you sent here?

You were redirected because Vodafone Ireland has been ignoring our abuse reports. Someone has been using their network to overload our server. They haven’t been professional enough to even send us any replies regarding these reports let alone act against whoever is using their network for illegal activities.

So we were forced to block ip range that belongs to the above mentioned ISP from our site.

Maybe they’ll have more understanding for you as their customers. Our emails weren’t replied. Phone calls were transferred from one person to another and none of them even had an idea what we are talking about.

So if you make some progress as in your ISP dealing with their accounts being used for illegal activates or you think your ip was blocked by mistake you can email as at:

[email]su-redirect@@hush.com[/email]

(don’t forget to remove the extra @ sign, it is just there to avoid spam) "

HELP I AM LOST

gbcullen

ps should I move to eircom?/

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hello.
    There's also actually a "tak to vodafone" forum here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270
    Of course you'll actually be typing to voda and not talking to them but it's generally best not to get hung up on semantics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

thanks I have now asked on there as well but I am not holding my breath. I was hoping for a better reply from here.

lets see what happens.

gbcullen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Nollog

How odd that vodafone would allow people to (I assume) dos a server and not help the victim in any way, even ignoring them.
    They could bring vodafone to court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Not unique.
    There are a few US Cable companies that won't do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Please don't start multiple threads on the same topic, request that a thread be moved instead. This is now closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement