Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese on the cork road

• 19-12-2010 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Just drove down the Cork road and saw a massive group of chinese people, must be on a tour of Ireland or something cos there was a bus parked up near them.

I'd like to welcome them to Waterford and hope they enjoy their stay.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

newportwex wrote: »
    Just drove down the Cork road and saw a massive group of chinese people, must be on a tour of Ireland or something cos there was a bus parked up near them.

Haha what a thread, it's like a Father Ted episode.

"The Chinese, a great bunch of lads."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

newportwex wrote: »

LOL. :D Please tell me your doing a bit of trolling cause otherwise..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

When i saw the headline i thought it was a thread about the new chinese restaurant just up from spar :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

I wonder would you say the same if its was a bunch of africans or indians on the road ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JackTK78

I wonder have they come here for the food? Can't be for jobs, cheap houses, weather...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Thanks to the economic miracle that is China, many now have the money to travel internationally. Hopefully we'll continue to see an influx of tourists to the country because it really is an untapped resource tourism-wise (very few middle-class Chinese have had the opportunity to travel abroad in the past).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Boooourns wrote: »
    Haha what a thread, it's like a Father Ted episode.

"The Chinese, a great bunch of lads."
    rightthere.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I wonder would you say the same if its was a bunch of cowboys and indians on the road ?

What would they be doing on the road?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I wonder would you say the same if its was a bunch of africans or indians on the road ?

Ah they're not the craic like the oul' asians are. I thought he meant that new chinese that opened up when I first saw it :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

" Ah they're not the craic like the oul' asians are. I thought he meant that new chinese that opened up when I first saw it " Qoated by Keno 92

Well if you don't know, India is in asia making them asian people and its the second most populated race in the world after the chinese. How do people not know where asia is. Asia isn't china only. Anyways the only reason why chinese and other races that have physcial features like chinese such as koreans don't seem to get much racism is because they are pale skinned or yellow skined. Anyways I don't have much experience with chinese the ones i had seem cold, i don't know its maybe how some of them are because china is a communist country and its how they growing up. the few indians i met are very warm and polite

• Advertisement
Advertisement