Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 100Mb users info.(Post your problems / solutions here).

• 19-12-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I'm getting the 100Mb connected on Tuesday and I am sure that I will have a few questions regarding router port forwarding, firewall, wireless etc.
    So any good info regarding the setup and use of the new type router would be welcome.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

For first installation the username is blank and the password is "admin". You will be prompted to change it.

For first installation make sure the installer has filled out all questions on his worksheet as otherwise the activation can not happen. This is RF parameters and some other data out of the router settings and also include questions about your PC, OS, Wifi/Network Card.

For first installation make sure the router has the corrected firmware installed that disables the hidden UPC WiFi Furture Feature network. The router should only show you primary network. For a while routers in the Netherlands/Austria (where this router comes from) had a hidden UPC WiFi Future Feature Network active.

For first installation make sure you keep one of the installation booklets ready as it has the SSID/WPA2 PSK on it. They will tell you not to change it because it voids the warrenty. Draw your own conclusions.

UPnP is not enabled as standard, so if you want to use it you must switch it on in Gateway/Advanced settings of the router.

Make sure you keep ample space arround the router itself, it get's very warm.

Otherwise enjoy your new pipeline to the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭Mech1

Anyone found a usage monitor built into the 100Mbps router?
    Thomson TWG870U.

Advertisement