Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30GB to unlimited without notice?

Options
  • 19-12-2010 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

I use the eircom at home through work and have installed the usage meter a while back and suddenly today the meter reports my allowance as "Unlimited". Previously this was capped at 30GB.

Was I upgraded without notice?
    My speed hasn't increased, I'm pretty sure I am/was on Business 3MB.

Please advice whether I henceforth have unlimited?
    "Unlimited" usually means aprox 250GB cap?

I'm about to get UPC unlimited but won't if I now have unlimited through eircom.

978c1.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

biko wrote: »
    I use the eircom at home through work and have installed the usage meter a while back and suddenly today the meter reports my allowance as "Unlimited". Previously this was capped at 30GB.

Was I upgraded without notice?
    My speed hasn't increased, I'm pretty sure I am/was on Business 3MB.

Please advice whether I henceforth have unlimited?
    "Unlimited" usually means aprox 250GB cap?

I'm about to get UPC unlimited but won't if I now have unlimited through eircom.

978c1.jpg

Hi biko

from the page supplied it does seem you have unlimited allowance, although your usage limit is unlikely to be up upgraded without your knowledge. If you PM me your line no. I can investigate this issue for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks Tony, my line number PMd to you.

Hi biko

It appears that you have used the NGB stats usage. It should have advised you were not NGB ??? The correct usage meter is here http://bit.ly/d4fPVL
    So appears you don't have unlimited usage, sorry..
    Any more queries just let me know.
    Tony

Thanks, I used the one I found here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056114849

On the page you linked to, do you mean I should use the online option instead of a meter?
    Your Broadband Stats
    Check your download usage
    Please ensure your enter a hyphen to separate your phone number and code, eg. 01-34xxxxx

Odd thing is that it did report 30GB allowance for a week or two which was correct, and then suddenly changed its mind :)

Thanks, I used the one I found here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056114849

On the page you linked to, do you mean I should use the online option instead of a meter?
    Your Broadband Stats
    Check your download usage
    Please ensure your enter a hyphen to separate your phone number and code, eg. 01-34xxxxx

Odd thing is that it did report 30GB allowance for a week or two which was correct, and then suddenly changed its mind :)
    biko
    yikes....
    no-one else has reported this, but will report that to the online section developer. There were recent changes to NGB stats, which was supposed to have corrected a seperate issue.
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention and sorry for the confusion.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Turns out an IT guy in my office had upgrade me to next step, with unlimited usage. Just forgot to tell me.
    All good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Turns out an IT guy in my office had upgrade me to next step, with unlimited usage. Just forgot to tell me.
    All good.

Hi biko,

Ok, thanks for getting back to us I will let Tony know.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement