Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Amsterdam from Galway

Options
  • 19-12-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am wondering if anyone has any tips/advise on renting a minivan (or something similar) in Ireland and driving it to Amsterdam? There are ferries from the UK but I have called Hertz and Avis here and both said they don't rent for one ways to Europe. Has anyone found someone else or have a better suggestion for moving all of our stuff cost effectively?

Also, anyone have any tips on gettings an apartment in Amsterdam? My wife got a job with the University there (hence the move, and we are trying to get their help) BUT it appears finding acconomdation is tricky there due to the govenerment regulations and the fact that getting on a waiting list to get a goverment rent controlled apartment takes 5+ years!

Trying to figure out a million things right now so any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

Is the van for moving your gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dobber82

Assuming you are talking about gear in the sense of clothes/personal possessions and not the urban dictionary/slang sense then yes thats exactly what its for.

Abandoned it now and have a couple of moving places sending me in quotes which seems the more economical way to go. Any further suggested vendor recommendations in this space appreciated though.

Advertisement