Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA san andreas question

• 19-12-2010 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I have two xbox 360's, the old one with a HDD has been flashed. The new one is the slim version with 4GB of built in memory.

Anyways am I correct in saying GTA wont work on the new Xbox as it does not have an external HDD?

IF so I am going to play it on the old flashed xbox but will need to DL an update. Can anyone tell me which update I need as I don't want to wack on the latest one if I don't need to as I presume it will stop certain things working.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

you can use your old hdd in your new console
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW-ow2GHjvc
    pretty simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers Jim, do you know if its possible to DL xbox updates manually. As I would like to do this for the flashed xbox to enable it to play GTA san andreas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

cubix wrote: »
    Cheers Jim, do you know if its possible to DL xbox updates manually. As I would like to do this for the flashed xbox to enable it to play GTA san andreas
    Flashed Xbox?

google xbox 360 backwards compatibility update and burn it onto a cd-r
    the cd will work on both of your 360s

Updated MS dashboard so it now reads 2.0.12611.0 but am still getting the same msg when trying to play san andreas "update needed".

• Advertisement

you need the xbox backwards compatibility update

"xbox backwards compatibility update" I have google this and other phrases and have come up with nothing except dead links. I seem to get a lot of system updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

cubix wrote: »
    "xbox backwards compatibility update" I have google this and other phrases and have come up with nothing except dead links. I seem to get a lot of system updates.

The reason it wont work is the hddhackr hdd cant install the xbox 1 backwards compatiblity update to the hdd. wot u do is get an original hdd and install the update to the orig hdd and then hook it up to ur pc and transfer the backwards compatibilty files to pc. then connect the hacked hdd up and transfer the files to the exact location they were on when they were on orig hdd and then play away.

The HDD I am trying to load the backward compatalbe update onto is an original xbox360 20GB HDD. I have been given a link to the original 2007 file that has since been taken off the xbox.com site but when I put this onto a usb stick I cannot get the xbox360 to load it.

you have to burn it to a cd
    @wotzgoingon
    My hdd is a chinese hddhacker copy and the backwards compatibility update installed and works perfectly in mine

• Advertisement

Thanks Jim, did the trick;). How come this update will only run from a cd where as the other ones went of the usb stick?

havn't a clue to be honest with you thats just the way they have it set up.
    Glad it worked for you ...enjoy :D
    Is it any good might be worth a download on xbox marketplace if its any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

you have to burn it to a cd
    @wotzgoingon
    My hdd is a chinese hddhacker copy and the backwards compatibility update installed and works perfectly in mine

I dont know i just went by what i heard back then.Its a long time since i had a hacked hdd i done it when the 120G first came out as they were so expensive then. M$ were overcharging far 2 much. And then when all them bannings came out i said i think i will go legit with my hdd and bought an Ellite and restored my drive back to Pc hdd.

Advertisement