Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stolen credit card details and "POS-EIRCOM E-CHAN"

Options
  • 19-12-2010 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Today a friend of mine received a bank statement that included several items that she most certainly did not buy herself. She has an appointment with the bank tomorrow to try and sort it out. One of the charges appears on her bank statement as "POS-EIRCOM E-CHAN". We have absolutely no idea what this might be, as neither of us are Eircom customers in the first place.

So I was wondering if someone could tell me what E-CHAN pertains to and perhaps provide us with a phone number to contact Eircom about this matter, as Eircom has about a dozen support numbers - a large amount of which seem to require you to input your account details (which we don't have).

Many thanks in advance for any help provided :).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Shai wrote: »
    Today a friend of mine received a bank statement that included several items that she most certainly did not buy herself. She has an appointment with the bank tomorrow to try and sort it out. One of the charges appears on her bank statement as "POS-EIRCOM E-CHAN". We have absolutely no idea what this might be, as neither of us are Eircom customers in the first place.

So I was wondering if someone could tell me what E-CHAN pertains to and perhaps provide us with a phone number to contact Eircom about this matter, as Eircom has about a dozen support numbers - a large amount of which seem to require you to input your account details (which we don't have).

Many thanks in advance for any help provided :).
    Hi Shai
    Sorry to hear that.
    This description "POS-EIRCOM E-CHAN" indicates that your credit card was used online to purchase an item from eircom. I am sure you are in contact with your credit card co, but should have them investigate this also.
    You can go through to customer services at 1901 but your credit card company will provide this info.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Shai

Thanks for the info. We went to the bank and apparently it's not an uncommon occurrence. She should be getting her money back soon :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Shai wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. We went to the bank and apparently it's not an uncommon occurrence. She should be getting her money back soon :).

Hi Shai
    that is great news,:D hope it's returned for Christmas.
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    Tony

Advertisement