Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where have you spotted the camera vans!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

For as long as they've been around - I've YET to see 1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

I saw them very seldom until last weekend when i met two in the one day. One by Tesco Coonagh and the other just before the turn off for the Raddisson
    Might be a couple of kph over each time so expecting at least 1 ticket.
    disgusted

How long after should you get the ticket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

vkid wrote: »
    I saw them very seldom until last weekend when i met two in the one day. One by Tesco Coonagh and the other just before the turn off for the Raddisson
    Might be a couple of kph over each time so expecting at least 1 ticket.
    disgusted

How long after should you get the ticket?

They seem to be arriving in about two weeks form the time of getting caught.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rob230te

White unmarked van outside tobaccoland about 10am. Passed at 52 on my speedo (said 47 on the electronic sign) so should be ok. If the unmarked vans are only surveying to see if roads not covered need to be why was it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Unmarked white van is probably Garda, as has been pointed out many many times on this thread, they can be anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 rob230te

Wasn't gardai. Was ky or kk reg can't remember which.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

gardai one by exit 4 of shannon-limerick dual carriageway, slowed down as i saw them, with a line of traffic between us, think i got away with it :P

i hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

White survey one setting up at around 1000 this morning at the top of Mulgrave Street, outside those red brick houses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

phill106 wrote: »
    gardai one by exit 4 of shannon-limerick dual carriageway, slowed down as i saw them, with a line of traffic between us, think i got away with it :P

i hope!

+1 on that. passed it at 8 dis morning and it was there last wednesday at th same time! how do you know that it was a Garda one? was in the same boat!

pugw wrote: »
    +1 on that. passed it at 8 dis morning and it was there last wednesday at th same time! how do you know that it was a Garda one? was in the same boat!

They are generally 08 D reg, also if you notice the camera equipment it looks different

• Advertisement

pugw wrote: »

no stickers on the side/front!

phill106 wrote: »
    no stickers on the side/front!

The gosafe operated survey vans are also white with no stickers, beware. They do not issue fines etc supposedly, but instead count the number of speeders or some such? It was probably the same one I saw on Mulgrave Street- it drove up william street at 9.45 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Camera van outside Corbally Utd's ground out by parteen last evening. Snakes. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Camera van outside Corbally Utd's ground out by parteen last evening. Snakes. :o
    thats been there a lot recently, catching loads as its a long straight stretch

The gosafe operated survey vans are also white with no stickers, beware. They do not issue fines etc supposedly, but instead count the number of speeders or some such? It was probably the same one I saw on Mulgrave Street- it drove up william street at 9.45 or so.

that would be even better for me, as i did not see a gardai sticker on it, but certainly saw the camera thing inside the back window :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Spotted it at 4pm today in the usual spot on the N18 Southbound before the Caherdavin exit. I was doing around 102-104km/h I'd say. Better not do me for that.

I was in the overtaking lane and there were around 3-4 cars in the left lane. Would they have cancelled me out? Can I see everybody at once?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Berty wrote: »
    Spotted it at 4pm today in the usual spot on the N18 Southbound before the Caherdavin exit. I was doing around 102-104km/h I'd say. Better not do me for that.

I was in the overtaking lane and there were around 3-4 cars in the left lane. Would they have cancelled me out? Can I see everybody at once?

It can record four lanes simultaneously supposedly.

Standard practice is to give a 10% + 2 units leeway, so if you were in a 100kph zone you should be ok up to ~112kph.

Also worth remembering is that you are always going slower than what your speedo tells you, they're designed that way.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Also worth remembering is that you are always going slower than what your speedo tells you, they're designed that way.

I had already accounted for that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Berty wrote: »
    I had already accounted for that though.

I'd say you'll be grand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Was going to work monday morning for 7 and as you come down along ennis road pass out gaelic grounds and right opposite the petrol station the red transit was there!!

Went on my break at 11 and it was gone!

back again tonite,looks like they were carrying out repairs to the van

• Advertisement

back again tonite,looks like they were carrying out repairs to the van

Fire proofing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Back at their favourite spot on the Ennis rd opposite the old o mara motors again this morning.Have they really not been spotted since 12/4/11?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

haven't spotted them in a while now so no doubt its time they came back again for a week or two. What I did spot a few times recently is one motorbike garda on Condel Road near the Westfields crossing (he tucks in behind the council green hut).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

haven't spotted them in a while now so no doubt its time they came back again for a week or two. What I did spot a few times recently is one motorbike garda on Condel Road near the Westfields crossing (he tucks in behind the council green hut).
    Really, thought that road was clear of speed traps!! :eek:
    Thanks for the heads up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

its free of the Gatsos from Clonmacken Roundabout intowards town but remember the gardai know virtually everyone speeds on this road. does a garda with speed camera have to actually stop you or can they issue the summons in the post same as a gatso ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

its free of the Gatsos from Clonmacken Roundabout intowards town but remember the gardai know virtually everyone speeds on this road. does a garda with speed camera have to actually stop you or can they issue the summons in the post same as a gatso ?
    depends on the camera

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LimerickBishop

Speeding on the Condell Road is outrageous. I wish they'd catch everyone who speeds there because when you drive it and stick to the speed limit, you get assholes tailgating you. What part of 50KMPH do these assholes not understand?

Speeding on the Condell Road is outrageous. I wish they'd catch everyone who speeds there because when you drive it and stick to the speed limit, you get assholes tailgating you. What part of 50KMPH do these assholes not understand?

Not really, its the speed limit that is outrageous, because they road is classified as being in a "built up area", despite it being a large road of high standard. There are roads in the countryside which are far more built up, of far inferior quality that have an 80 speed limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Not really, its the speed limit that is outrageous, because they road is classified as being in a "built up area", despite it being a large road of high standard. There are roads in the countryside which are far more built up, of far inferior quality that have an 80 speed limit.

Well to be fair, there are 3 sets of traffic lights on the road and there have been a couple of fatal accidents along there. I think that's how they are justifying the speed limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Tailgating or "undertaking" a person driving within the speed limit makes the road more dangerous than it should be.

Advertisement