Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where have you spotted the camera vans!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Out on the Condell Road currently between the Clonmacken roundabout and Coonagh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Checkpoint at the rear of the Jail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Mc Love wrote: »
    Checkpoint at the rear of the Jail

Camera van on Mulgrave street, infront of the jail, about an hour ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Leonita

Spotted red 10KY one between Coonagh and Clonmacken roundabouts around 2.30 yesterday and today. Does anyone know what the camera on the front of the van is for by the way? Noticed it yesterday when I was passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

leo78 wrote: »
    Spotted red 10KY one between Coonagh and Clonmacken roundabouts around 2.30 yesterday and today. Does anyone know what the camera on the front of the van is for by the way? Noticed it yesterday when I was passing.

I've a feeling it may be security related, or to allow the person sitting in the back see whats happening up front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

zuroph wrote: »
    I've a feeling it may be security related, or to allow the person sitting in the back see whats happening up front.

+1 to this- probably related to the recent enough few vans that were burnt out while they were doing a speed check...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There are some stories which never even made it into the general media about the annoyance the vans have to deal with.

People pull up and the passengers jump out and let the air out of ALL the tyres.
    Some have towed the van out onto the road and driven off.
    Some throw paint all over the front and back windows.
    Some, yes, set fire to the vans.
    A truck company in Gorey parked two artic trailers at either end of the van , unhooked and drove off.

I remember hearing the Garda Traffic Corps commissioner say the vans are working because during the first month the fines were, lets says 30,000, but in the next month they were 18,000. Obviously because people had the common sense to remember where the vans were and slowed down for those 50mtrs and then sped back up after passing the vans.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Obviously because people had the common sense to remember where the vans were and slowed down for those 50mtrs and then sped back up after passing the vans.

I've seen this quite a bit this week on the Condell Road. I got stuck behind some idiot who slowed down to 40 km/h passing the van a few days ago. In a 60 km zone. :confused: More often I'd see drivers slow to just over fifty there, but the same point stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I know it's Clare and it's anecdotal but I heard the speed camera in Kilmurray (between Sixmilebridge and Kilkishen/Tulla) is supposed to be the most profitable of all the locations in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

I've seen this quite a bit this week on the Condell Road. I got stuck behind some idiot who slowed down to 40 km/h passing the van a few days ago. In a 60 km zone. :confused: More often I'd see drivers slow to just over fifty there, but the same point stands.

isnt that a 50km zone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

phill106 wrote: »
    isnt that a 50km zone?

Nope. 60 between the Coonagh and Clonmacken roundabouts. 50km/h the rest of the way in then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Nope. 60 between the Coonagh and Clonmacken roundabouts. 50km/h the rest of the way in then.

must have a look!
    50 speed limit is absurdly slow for that road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Currently opposite Great Gas station on Ennis Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

A truck company in Gorey parked two artic trailers at either end of the van , unhooked and drove off.

What was stopping the camera van reversing into the space left when the truck left after dropping the rear trailer?

concussion wrote: »
    What was stopping the camera van reversing into the space left when the truck left after dropping the rear trailer?

The fact the van couldn't get out or move at all. The trucks parked inches from its bumpers trapping it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

van parked across from supermacs out the ennis road today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

The fact the van couldn't get out or move at all. The trucks parked inches from its bumpers trapping it.

So the rear truck didn't drop it's trailer at all, or was it pointing away from the van, ie reversed tight up to it?

concussion wrote: »
    So the rear truck didn't drop it's trailer at all, or was it pointing away from the van, ie reversed tight up to it?

Both trucks trailers were reversed up to the van. Both trailers are then dropped and the tractor units drive off leaving the van trapped between the two trailers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

I know its not in Limerick City but have seen them out in Ballysheedy by the school.

Seemingly he's there a lot of the time :mad:

The space on the Condell Road that the camera van always uses is now inhabited by a caravan.Wonder what'll happen there :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

The space on the Condell Road that the camera van always uses is now inhabited by a caravan.Wonder what'll happen there :D

Jeebus...speed cameracaravans....

were f*cked!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

haven't seen any of the speed camera vans around in a while,before see them a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Still around alright, I see them at least weekly between N18 Ennis Road exit, Condell Road and Ennis Road in their usual spots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

There was one on upper Mulgrave St this evening - bout 200m down from the electronic speed sign. Was @ 49 and then it flicked to 51 :mad:then I spotted the van :eek: Wonder will I get points for being 1 over? :confused:

LB6 wrote: »
    There was one on upper Mulgrave St this evening - bout 200m down from the electronic speed sign. Was @ 49 and then it flicked to 51 :mad:then I spotted the van :eek: Wonder will I get points for being 1 over? :confused:

Nope. I was chatting to an AGS GTC member recently about what tolerance levels the Gatso vans have.

56km/h in a 50km/h
    109km/h in a 100km/h

I never asked about the other speeds though.

What kind of Van was it? Plain white?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Oh thank God - was dreading the post in the next couple of weeks - asides from the bills :D

It was the red and yellow checkered one. Wedged tight between two cars. Wouldn't like to see him trying to get out of that space in a hurry :)

It was a real one so. The plain white one is only placed before and after the speed camera vans to see if the vans have made a difference.

White vans DO NOT issue speeding tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

I saw that one in Mulgrave Street last week around 10:30 at night .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

It was a real one so. The plain white one is only placed before and after the speed camera vans to see if the vans have made a difference.

White vans DO NOT issue speeding tickets.

Not 100% true, the AGS vans are plain white and do issue tickets.

• Advertisement

LB6 wrote: »

You'll be fine.Spotted him earlier aswell, luckily wasn't me driving :D

Advertisement