Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where have you spotted the camera vans!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Got my first 2 barely over the limit, but got my next collection of 4 in one sitting, tried to talk my way out of it when the Garda replied I am not even going to give you a fine I will see you in court, other than that he was a lovely chap and so was the Judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

Last night near the limerick golf club,Roxboro school was where it was parked.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Clonlara Road this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭black & white

Parked up between the Coonagh and Clonmacken roundabouts last night about 8.15 catching traffic coming into the city. Noticed that he had his side lights left on so was easy enough to spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Parked up between the Coonagh and Clonmacken roundabouts last night about 8.15 catching traffic coming into the city. Noticed that he had his side lights left on so was easy enough to spot.

Spotted that van too.. do the camera's work both way or just one direction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

L.T.P. wrote: »
    Clonlara Road this morning.

That road seems to be riddled with them! An aunt of mine who is living in Clonlara said they are on the road between Barry's Cross and Clonlara alteast 5 days out of 7!
    Nemeses wrote: »
    Spotted that van too.. do the camera's work both way or just one direction?

Yeah they can get you going both directions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Mulgrave street this evening. Justafter the bus lanne on the left heading towards the city.

This morning between 7 and 8 just before junction 4 ( turnoff from Shannon to Radisson/Caherdavin) No sidelights on this time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

This morning between 7 and 8 just before junction 4 ( turnoff from Shannon to Radisson/Caherdavin) No sidelights on this time though.

That bend is notorious for people going off the road on it. I remember working in Shannon and seeing cars quite regularly in the grass verge in the middle of the carraigeways. I cant remember being able to get over the speed limit on that section in quite a while though.

Still a 100km/h yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

I saw that one this morning, but didn't seem to have the camera logos on the side and rear of the van. Do they not all have them?
    Was a white one, around 840am. Had been doing 70mph as per the clock, but slowed down very quickly and had a car between me and it. Along with most cars having speedo reporting the speed as being 10% then actual speed and the lack of a flash, I am optimistic!

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    That bend is notorious for people going off the road on it. I remember working in Shannon and seeing cars quite regularly in the grass verge in the middle of the carraigeways. I cant remember being able to get over the speed limit on that section in quite a while though.

Still a 100km/h yeah?

Yes, I think it's 100KPH there. Got a text just after 7 from someone who passed it so when I went by at about 7.40 I was going fairly slow. It was dark so I didn't notice whether the van had markings on it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Im going to trade my vote to any councillor who arrives at my door to get rid of those cash cows from the roads. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Yesterday a KY transit across the road from the old O' Mara motors on the Ennis Rd, later on it was between the Coonagh and Clondrinagh roundabouts...

later on it was between the Coonagh and Clondrinagh roundabouts...

Mate of mine said he saw a van out there but wasn't sure was it one! He was over the limit so I'll have to break the bad news!

Blue Fiat one in between Coonagh and Clondrinagh roundabouts AGAIN this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I haven't seen it around the Coonagh/Clondrinagh direction way yet,thats a bad sign

I haven't seen it around the Coonagh/Clondrinagh direction way yet,thats a bad sign

I'd say they are reelin' em in! Be careful.

I'd say they are reelin' em in! Be careful.

Seen any on the stretch between the Coonagh roundabout and the Clonmacken one?

Seen any on the stretch between the Coonagh roundabout and the Clonmacken one?

Not lately (Did on Christmas eve)- I now try to avoid that road and the Condell Road over paranoia it'll be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

:mad:blue fiat on the ennis rd, opposite the old o mara garage at 2 o clock

• Advertisement

Lads any of ye with iPhones need to start using TRAPSTER to report these. It's s great app but needs a few more users to keep it live
    The app is free btw
    Marty

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Has anyone else taken to driving less quickly in areas where the vans might be?

I tend to stick to the 60k/h limit on that stretch of the Condell Road now. I used to be happy doing over 80 there. The Ennis Road doesn't move too fast anyway, so sticking to 50k/h by the Gaelic Grounds doesn't bother me at this stage.

Has anyone else taken to driving less quickly in areas where the vans might be?

I tend to stick to the 60k/h limit on that stretch of the Condell Road now. I used to be happy doing over 80 there. The Ennis Road doesn't move too fast anyway, so sticking to 50k/h by the Gaelic Grounds doesn't bother me at this stage.

I've stuck to doin 60 on the Condell road,and I've been overtaken/undertaken by people,including a Micra!

eyebrows63 wrote: »

Its likely to be down in between the Coonagh and Clondrinigh roundabouts again tonight then, mark my words!

I've been overtaken agressively by people in all manner of vehicles on the Condell and Ennis Road- I anxiously await the day when a van will be there to nab them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

eyebrows63 wrote: »
    Still there at 4.30.It's so easy to go over the 50 kph coming down the hill from the Ardhu so be careful.

They are between coonagh and clondrinagh hitting out of Limerick right now

Its likely to be down in between the Coonagh and Clondrinigh roundabouts again tonight then, mark my words!
    martyc5674 wrote: »
    They are between coonagh and clondrinagh hitting out of Limerick right now

Fair play Neon, are you starting to spot a trend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

I was driving Ennis Road towards town direction about 9.30 this evening directly behind a Gatso van - according to my speedo the van was actually doing more than 50km. Anyone know if I was matching his speed (I wasn't) could you be caught while they are driving ? Curiourisity question.

No the cameras don't operate when the van is in motion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

lol at the idea of ringing Joe Duffy to complain that you saw a gatso van speeding though, that could spiral brilliantly!

Advertisement