Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where have you spotted the camera vans!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gryff

allimac wrote: »
    Still there at 4.30.It's so easy to go over the 50 kph coming down the hill from the Ardhu so be careful.
    Do they track speed from traffic in both directions ?... I passed that yesterday coming from the Caherdavin direction - hadnt a clue what speed I was doin when I spotted it ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

gryff wrote: »
    Do they track speed from traffic in both directions ?... I passed that yesterday coming from the Caherdavin direction - hadnt a clue what speed I was doin when I spotted it ....

Yes!! They can get no passing either way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Apparently if the picture is blurred or whatever and they can't identify your reg they can rewind or fast forward a few seconds to get a better pic of your plates!
    Marty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I've taken to not washing my car. The back reg is so dirty now you can't even make out any digits or letters, unfortunately the front reg is legible.

My father, God bless him, has racked up an impressive 3 speeding fines in the past week. Caught twice between the Coonagh and Clonmacken roundabouts and once out in Templeglantine.

In a fairly misogynistic turn he has made the decision of giving my ma 2 of these fines and bravely owned up to one. Feminist would be appalled at the lack of argument my ma put up against this decision.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I've taken to not washing my car. The back reg is so dirty now you can't even make out any digits or letters, unfortunately the front reg is legible.

My father, God bless him, has racked up an impressive 3 speeding fines in the past week. Caught twice between the Coonagh and Clonmacken roundabouts and once out in Templeglantine.

In a fairly misogynistic turn he has made the decision of giving my ma 2 of these fines and bravely owned up to one. Feminist would be appalled at the lack of argument my ma put up against this decision.

Oh God, your poor Dad! I gotta admit though that I genuinely laughed out loud after reading that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

ah jeepers your poor da, thats a bit cruel. how long before he found out he had been caught - days or weeks ??

have to admit I'll sometimes be driving along and suddenly realise I'm a fraction over the limit and almost slam on the brakes. those gatso have taken all the joy out of driving constantly checking my speed on Condel Rd or Ennis Rd. does it make a difference if you are caught doing 5km or 25km over the limit, is the penalty the same ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Just passed one on N20, between Croom exit and turn for Athlacca (sorry but don't know name of townland)
    To be fair, this van was well plastered with SLOW DOWN signs and camera pictures.
    It was on my left as I headed towards Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

ah jeepers your poor da, thats a bit cruel. how long before he found out he had been caught - days or weeks ??

His first and second 'offence' was on the 18th and 24th of Dec 2010 and his third offence was on the 4th of Jan 2011. Ya I do feel sorry for him. He's at that age where he's spritely enough to drive the car at a quick but safe speed, but alas he's old fashioned and not internet savvy, so for him to access the Garda website would be as miraculous as a certain beardy man walking on water.

To be fair, this van was well plastered with SLOW DOWN signs and camera pictures.

Yeah they are well marked, problem is they have you got well before you are close enough to read them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

alan1990 wrote: »
    Yeah they are well marked, problem is they have you got well before you are close enough to read them!

Not the Red KY reg on the way to Galway this morning, 1km before a flashing sign saying "Speed Cameras Ahead" :rolleyes:

Red, ZERO markings on it.

Whilst at my warehouse in Oranmore another red one passed me at 17:30(probably finishing his shift) heading towards another warehouse/lockup. Identical. No markings ANYWHERE on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Spotted a van parked across from O'Mara Motors / Xtra Vision on the Ennis road last Saturday evening. Rear of the van was facing up the hill towards the city. Its so easy to drift above the 50km/hr mark coming down that hill by the gaelic grounds.

Complete spectulation but I would imagine that they might have a van on the road that links from LIT roundabout down to the junction at Ivans. Have seen a few speedchecks there over the past number of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Veloce wrote: »
    Complete spectulation but I would imagine that they might have a van on the road that links from LIT roundabout down to the junction at Ivans. Have seen a few speedchecks there over the past number of years.

Where would they park?

They cannot park on the road because there is no safe/legal place to park.

They cannot park on the residential streets running parallel because they would have to put up a parking ticket which I doubt they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Berty wrote: »
    Where would they park?

They cannot park on the road because there is no safe/legal place to park.

They cannot park on the residential streets running parallel because they would have to put up a parking ticket which I doubt they would.

I would have thought the residential street running parallel on the left hand side as your heading towards Ivans, over the grass verge just as the hill begins to level off. I didn't think there is paid parking in that little cul de sac there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

At night time they could surely use either side of Brookeville Ave and I dont think there are parking restrictions at the bottom of Rosroe ave and Sheelin road which runs parallel with the northern ring road.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Are the cameras located at the back or the front of the vans? Saw one 2 nights ago on the Kilmallock road near Grange. I wasn't over the speed limit but never realised they work at night too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Red one parked just before jetland on the ennis road this morning. Left side as your coming from the city

phill106 wrote: »
    Red one parked just before jetland on the ennis road this morning. Left side as your coming from the city

Spotted that too @ 7:15...i was doin about 55 when i saw it(50 zone)...broke down to about 40...flash didnt go off so doubt ill be hearing anything.

Lads...ye need to start using TRAPSTER!!...its REALLY REALLY GOOD!!!!

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Spotted that too @ 7:15...i was doin about 55 when i saw it(50 zone)...broke down to about 40...flash didnt go off so doubt ill be hearing anything.

I was going very slow, had been coming from shannon direction, Gave the van a huuggeee wave in happiness :) Was 845am or so when i saw them.
    Put back on trapster just now, going to leave it on in car when im driving.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Lads any of ye with iPhones need to start using TRAPSTER to report these. It's s great app but needs a few more users to keep it live
    The app is free btw
    Marty

This is the second time you've told us to use Trapster. I think we get the message. You don't have to keep telling us. ;)

This is the second time you've told us to use Trapster. I think we get the message. You don't have to keep telling us. ;)

He just wants our passwords!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01/21/trapster_website_hack/

• Advertisement

Lol!! I guess I'm relying on others keeping it up to date aswell as myself!!

I've updated Trapster with all the locations mentioned in this thread, just for you Marty!!

Apparently eleventy million road deaths have taken place off the coonagh roundabout by the old texaco site. Only reason I can think of to explain why they are there so often. Again there this morning around 130pm.

Opposite the Gaelic grounds at 3 am this morn!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

its easy pickings there - roll in the money.

another nail in the coffin of going out at night. I'd often be the designated driver for the gang, doesn't bother me too much not having a drink and cheaper than a taxi home for everyone) but trying to keep low speed here with not a sinner on the road, makes drivers an easy sitting target for a fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

What a blackspot that place is.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Was just pulling in outside O Mara's at 8.25 this eve. Red transit. Gone when I came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

Well Ennis Rd is ching ching all the way to the bank. Its just like shooting fish in a barrell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

golden8 wrote: »
    Well Ennis Rd is ching ching all the way to the bank. Its just like shooting fish in a barrell.

Surely, that only if people are ignoring the speed limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 workingstudent

You could see them at ballingaddy church a few times a week

Advertisement