Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where have you spotted the camera vans!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The locations for the speed traps are all available on a number of different websites.

People have been posting the exact same locations here time and again. Making a list of them from this thread alone wouldn't really be of much benefit, especially when there are maps already available with all of the potential locations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

The 'ol lad got 2 more points in the post today. Thats twice in a month. He got caught in Buttevent doing 68km in a 50!!
    I'm delighted anyway, atleast if I get cought he can't be up on his high horse preeching to me about the dangers of speeding! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Garda jeep is sitting on the Condell Road between the two roundabouts. Well, it was there 20 minutes ago anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The Garda jeep is sitting on the Condell Road between the two roundabouts. Well, it was there 20 minutes ago anyway.

Doesn't count really because they could set up virtually anywhere, even on the motorway unlike the vans.

I also saw a motorbike cop standing in the bus lane across from Ennis road Motors the other day. I was heading outbound. I saw this wan in here BMW Jeep on the phone heading in his direction going clearly over 50km/h. He reacted quite late though and nearly jumped in front of her. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭manna452121

Just in case people do not know the bus lane on the Ennis rd is only in use Monday to Friday and from 10.00 to 15.30. The sign is very small and hard to read,I wonder why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

alan1990 wrote: »
    The 'ol lad got 2 more points in the post today. Thats twice in a month. He got caught in Buttevent doing 68km in a 50!!
    I'm delighted anyway, atleast if I get cought he can't be up on his high horse preeching to me about the dangers of speeding! :D

Ha ha. We all speed, just some people are better at not getting caught. Do him a favour though. If he's not internet savvy, print him out a map with the locations for speed traps highlighted. I did it for my oul' fella after he got caught thrice in one week....poor bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Just in case people do not know the bus lane on the Ennis rd is only in use Monday to Friday and from 10.00 to 15.30. The sign is very small and hard to read,I wonder why?

this one always makes me laugh - it must be the only bus lane in the country which only operates outside of peak times. mind you, i've still to see a bus actually use it.

also notice that there is a section of Condel Road bus lane which is timed for morning peak times only. Its the section where they put the newer pedestrian lights (Westfields).

LOL. Don't use the bus lane because morons dont read signs and think you are trying to "undertake" them and will beep the horn, wave their fists etc and just be arses to you when you legally use the lanes. When the Dublin road was Mon - Sat only before it became 7 days a week it was a nuisance. I was actually glad when it became 7 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

Corbally soccer pitch entrance 8.OO am this morn.They were gone by 10.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Blue van on the 60kp/h section of the condell road this evening

• Advertisement

Blue van on the 60kp/h section of the condell road this evening

Saw it there myself at 20:20. Was very lucky I saw the top of it when I did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭BIGT4464

What is the limit between coonagh roundabout and clondrina Roundabout, I think i was doing 60kph there when I saw the Gatso, near the Topaz,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭BIGT4464

Whats the limit between Coonagh & Clondrina roundabouts there was a gatso there at 9.30 last night, I was doing about 60 when i saw it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya I think it is 60km there alright.

People should not get caught at the greenhills as they are coming off a roundabout they shouldn't be doing over 50kmph on that unless they decide to put the boot down again coming off it.

They have been there at some stage most days for the last few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

cancan wrote: »
    As everyone knows, it's a major accident blackspot, and has nothing to do with the abnormally low limit there....

Gardai can set a speedtrap anywhere, it does't need to be a blackspot. However the safety cameras are only set up on designated stretches of road which have had fatal accident.

Joe Duffy had a good blast of people on talking about Gatsos today.

A guy in Kilmallock said he went back to the van, knocked on the door, got the guy out and asked him to tell him how many fatalities where on that section to make it a black spot(outside school). He said

"The Gardai tell us where to park and I'm only doing my job"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Berty wrote: »
    Joe Duffy had a good blast of people on talking about Gatsos today.

A guy in Kilmallock said he went back to the van, knocked on the door, got the guy out and asked him to tell him how many fatalities where on that section to make it a black spot(outside school). He said

"The Gardai tell us where to park and I'm only doing my job"

I wonder if his child was killed by someone speeding would he have as little regard for these vans?

BIGT4464 wrote: »
    Whats the limit between Coonagh & Clondrina roundabouts there was a gatso there at 9.30 last night, I was doing about 60 when i saw it?

I saw it there last night, it was there for ages.

phog wrote: »
    I wonder if his child was killed by someone speeding would he have as little regard for these vans?

These vans are not about encouraging people to slow down because there is no detterent. They collect money, simple as.

Other countries have signs about 200mtrs away warning you of them. Here, its just flash and €80 of a fine. You don't slow down, what's the point you already have the fine. :rolleyes:

These vans are not about encouraging people to slow down because there is no detterent. They collect money, simple as.

Other countries have signs about 200mtrs away warning you of them. Here, its just flash and €80 of a fine. You don't slow down, what's the point you already have the fine. :rolleyes:

Well after a few €80 fines and a few penalty points I'm sure the penny would drop, speeding can be dangerous and can be costly.

I had family in the UK, they have stretches of road where the speed camers are clearly marked and everyone slows down, then after the section everyone speeds up again, it's like there is no speed restriction inplace.

There are pros and cons to the 2 situations but one way of not being caught is reduce speed and I think that's the message they're trying to get across.

• Advertisement

In the UK they have Average speed cameras which are useless for that reason of speeding back up.

Here we have one van at one side of town and one at the other.

We also have the Gardai setting up a speed check point(Bundoran) and 500mtrs or so up the road hiding around a corner a speed camera van to catch people speeding up again.

It's not purely to save lives. It IS to make money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

Doesn't count really because they could set up virtually anywhere, even on the motorway unlike the vans.

I also saw a motorbike cop standing in the bus lane across from Ennis road Motors the other day. I was heading outbound. I saw this wan in here BMW Jeep on the phone heading in his direction going clearly over 50km/h. He reacted quite late though and nearly jumped in front of her. :D

he is always there loves that spot.. its always the same fella aswell. very hard to stick to the 50kmph there and he has the added bonus of nabbing people in the bus lane.

It's not purely to save lives. It IS to make money.

If it helps reduce my tax or USC bill then I'm all for law breakers coughing up :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

phog wrote: »
    If it helps reduce my tax or USC bill then I'm all for law breakers coughing up :)

Not a sniff of that happening though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

whacker00 wrote: »
    he is always there loves that spot.. its always the same fella aswell. very hard to stick to the 50kmph there and he has the added bonus of nabbing people in the bus lane.

It's only a bus lane from 10:00-15:00 Mon-Fri. You're ok to drive in it any times outside of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Leonita

Spotted red transit just before Caherdavin slip road around 8.30pm this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

leo78 wrote: »
    Spotted red transit just before Caherdavin slip road around 8.30pm this evening.

Yeah I passed him there about half 6!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Nothing but a money racket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭cackhanded

I live near there and he's always there around the last couple of days of the month, along with a couple of other regulars - a cynic would say they're just getting their monthly quotas in. It's like shooting fish in a barrell at that spot.

As for the camera vans, it's fairly obvious from this thread that there's a few regular spots around the city that they haunt so we should all know where they're likely to be by now.

• Advertisement

Red Transit on condell road again this eve.

Advertisement