Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile phone doesn't exist but is advertised!

Options
  • 19-12-2010 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭

Ok so not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes.

One of the major mobile phone retailers in a particular store advertises a mobile phone for free on bill pay and for €179.99 on pay as you go when I asked which network it was available on pay as you go they said it was out of stock , so i asked which network it was available at this price so i could go to one of those networks shops and get it there.
    They didn't know which network it was available at this price and then said that the phone is a discontinued line and is no longer available at all.

Surely it a case of false advertisement or misleading the customer.
    They cant advertise a product at a price that doesn't exist anymore and is no longer available can i report them for this or take a course of action against them for it as i have been looking for this phone for a while for a christmas present and was soo happy to see this then completely disappointed with this so called service!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Report them to the ASAI . www.asai.ie

Pimping a product you do not have and do not intend to stock is false advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,199 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What phone is it? There's no crime or anything misleading going on here, they could be just out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Thanks sponge bob I think i will report them cheers for the link. :)

@ Drunk monkey Its a Sony Ericsson w995
    Its out of stock in the sense that the phone is no longer being made and is a discontinued line but they are still advertising it on both pay as you go and bill pay but don't seem to have it available on pay as you go, which in my opinion is very miss leading, the very least they could do is put an out of stock sign on the prices or remove the display models which would take all of 2 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There were lots of W995s on Adverts.ie up to last week. Some of them new. You might get a bargain.
    I cant check if they are still there cos I cant access the 'new improved' Adverts :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I think that just because that it's out of stock and discontinued by the manufacturer that they can't advertise it again. They could be getting it in again from a supplier that is waiting on some that were bought before being discontinued.

• Advertisement
Advertisement