Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardpatrick, Ladyswell Housing Estate, Blackpool?

Options
  • 19-12-2010 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me anything about this area - is it a nice area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tamtamtalk

Hi, we lived there for a short while earlier this year. It wasn't awful but didn't like the place or the landlord. However, it depends of what your expectations or needs are.
    It is like a dormitory estate. The houses are new buildings with double glazing but not a high quality building , there were already cracks on the walls and tiling, plastic mocking wooden flooring, slippery stone floors on the kitchen and baths. But not too bad after all. Later we saw really damp, old, dirty places for rent.
    Quite creepy at night and difficult if you are a pedestrian. No shops nearby, noisy motorway below. Some shops crossing the motorway and further away, Blackpool shopping centre. Youngsters coming from nearby areas to party there, throwing bottles and cans and owners of dangerous dogs bringing them to run on the loan.

Besides, Popes Road has a dangerous turning and is very steep, so much, that cars cannot drive though when there is ice, according to a local car driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

tamtamtalk wrote: »
    Hi, we lived there for a short while earlier this year. It wasn't awful but didn't like the place or the landlord. However, it depends of what your expectations or needs are.
    It is like a dormitory estate. The houses are new buildings with double glazing but not a high quality building , there were already cracks on the walls and tiling, plastic mocking wooden flooring, slippery stone floors on the kitchen and baths. But not too bad after all. Later we saw really damp, old, dirty places for rent.
    Quite creepy at night and difficult if you are a pedestrian. No shops nearby, noisy motorway below. Some shops crossing the motorway and further away, Blackpool shopping centre. Youngsters coming from nearby areas to party there, throwing bottles and cans and owners of dangerous dogs bringing them to run on the loan.

Besides, Popes Road has a dangerous turning and is very steep, so much, that. cars cannot drive though when there is ice, according to a local car driver.

Thanks for that! Yeah I thought it sounded too good to be true! Like I know where it is and I was a bit weary of it to begin with - I hope to rent with 3 other friends next year and one of them found this house but like it's not very convenient to any place in particular and as you said could be a bit dodge. Want to find somewhere close to town that you can walk on a nice day.

Thanks for your reply :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

A friend of mine lives up there and has done since they were built - house is fine but she has a lot of problems with neighbours and the old 'anti-social behaviour'. You get a mix of people good and bad everywhere but she's had a really rough time with problems like the poster above me mentioned. Houses are quite nice inside (the ones I've been in anyway!) but I'd probably look elsewhere...

Advertisement