Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MDL File

• 19-12-2010 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Probably a stupid question but I need some help. What exactly is a MDL file? I'm not very good at all technically but I have to send my Manager some dossiers which he has asked to be sent as MDL files. How do I do this? I dont want asking him as Im worried he expects I should know. I know it propbably something very simple and straight forward but for someone who knows nothing about computers its a bit fustrating. I really need to get this done asap so any help would be very much appriciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Googling around looks like they're CAD files. Do you use any Computer Aided Design software?

You'll get more information on them here.

http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/mdl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,538 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I have seen this extension in the context of IBMs Rational Rose model files only. Can't think why a 'dossier' would be made available in this format. What do you mean by dossier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Teresa1953

Its a form of simulation software (Vensim diagrams I think they're called). I only work in admin but I have to the then from my Managers computer to him tomorrow as he's out of the country.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Why didn't you ask your manager, infact why don't you just ask him/her now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Teresa1953

Cant ask as he is out of the country. I'm the only person in the office that has permission to access his computer so I dont want to ask a colleague. Its something he expected me to know how to do which is why I dont want saying I cant. Hoping a Boards member could help. If not then I will say it to my boss but hopefully someone can help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

The most common .mdl files are 3d graphics files (used on games or games creating software). The extension come from word model. You need to find what software you need.

Advertisement