Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psu dammaged?

Options
  • 19-12-2010 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

I was just having a look at the back of the psu when I noticed that some bits inside look slanted :eek: I cant test until tomorrow since I am going to get a IDE cable with a irish plug and my fixed cpu (hopefully! :o)

PSU is a super flower amazon 550w

So does this look normal? (sorry for the crap picture quality)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

The pic is too small! :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Trevor451 wrote: »
    I was just having a look at the back of the psu when I noticed that some bits inside look slanted :eek: I cant test until tomorrow since I am going to get a IDE cable with a irish plug and my fixed cpu (hopefully! :o)

PSU is a super flower amazon 550w

So does this look normal? (sorry for the crap picture quality)

It's small yeah, but if its the capacitors that are slightly slanted, dont worry about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

OK I just attached two more photos of the PSU. What do you guys think?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Is it squealing or anything? I cant make it out but it looks like the copper coil part

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

The heatsinks are slightly tilted, and a largish nearby cap and a coil behind it are more strongly tilted in the other direction. Unless its not working at all there isn't an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Thanks for the advice :) I guess I will find out tomorrow provided that HWVS fixed the pin on my cpu :o

Advertisement