Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on downloadable content for Dragon Age Origins

Options
  • 19-12-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm very overdue to play this game... just started last Friday afternoon... but that's not necessarily a bad thing because all the expansions are out and I don't have to spend the next year or two in the hope they release more :D In fact, one of the reasons I bought this now was because DA:O2 is only around the corner so I won't have long to scratch that itch ;)

Anyway I need a little advice on all the downloadable content available for Dragon Age Origins:
    • What's worth getting and what's simply not worth spending points on?
    • Does Awakenings also include some of other content or do I have to buy everything?
    Please no spoilers, hints or tips... I need to blunder my way through this world, untainted ;)

Any advice on content would be greatly appreciated and will certainly help towards influencing Santa's Naughty Vs Nice list ;)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Hi all,

I'm very overdue to play this game... just started last Friday afternoon... but that's not necessarily a bad thing because all the expansions are out and I don't have to spend the next year or two in the hope they release more :D In fact, one of the reasons I bought this now was because DA:O2 is only around the corner so I won't have long to scratch that itch ;)

Anyway I need a little advice on all the downloadable content available for Dragon Age Origins:
    • What's worth getting and what's simply not worth spending points on?
    • Does Awakenings also include some of other content or do I have to buy everything?
    Please no spoilers, hints or tips... I need to blunder my way through this world, untainted ;)

Any advice on content would be greatly appreciated and will certainly help towards influencing Santa's Naughty Vs Nice list ;)

Buy it all minus Lelianas quest.

DOA2 is set to be like mass effect in that it takes saved data from the previous game. The second game will take data from the DLC. I enjoyed all the content my favourite being return to ostagar. The final one witches hunt is a bit of let dwn but stll worth it to finsh hegame up.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Does anyone have the 2 disc version that has all the dlc that i could borrow? Im living in dublin and i could throw you a few euros (if necessary:() for the lend of it to install the dlc on my harddrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Does anyone have the 2 disc version that has all the dlc that i could borrow? Im living in dublin and i could throw you a few euros (if necessary:() for the lend of it to install the dlc on my harddrive?

Try Xtra Vision! Ring around and find somewhere with it. One nights rental and you'll have everything... a brilliant and cost effective plan... assuming they stock it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Zippacat

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding DLC on the PS3. I'm looking to buy the dragon age origins ultimate edition on PS3. From what I've read, when you first play the game you need to download each DLC expansion via PSN.

My question is if I buy the american version of the game (im buying from a US store as it works out cheaper) will i be able to access the DLC as i have a European PSN account? Or will i be unable to download the DLC expansions as it's an american version? I know the game itself will work as its region free but I'm unsure about the DLC. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Zippacat wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding DLC on the PS3. I'm looking to buy the dragon age origins ultimate edition on PS3. From what I've read, when you first play the game you need to download each DLC expansion via PSN.

My question is if I buy the american version of the game (im buying from a US store as it works out cheaper) will i be able to access the DLC as i have a European PSN account? Or will i be unable to download the DLC expansions as it's an american version? I know the game itself will work as its region free but I'm unsure about the DLC. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Hi there,

You might be better to ask in the Playstation forum, this topic is about the Xbox version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Zippacat

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Zippacat wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Hi there,

You might be better to ask in the Playstation forum, this topic is about the Xbox version.

Okay thanks. Sorry about that.

Zippacat

Advertisement