Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where I can get Cerazette??

Options
  • 19-12-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

As above, I really need to get my hands on two packs and I am aware that their is big supply issues...

Is there anyone who knows where I can get this in Dublin, I am almost willing to travel anywhere!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055247482&page=6

There's a whole thread here about it. Maybe someone would be able to tell you which chemist they get theirs from. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I got mine last week in Hickeys pharmacy in Springfiled Tallaght after a long search! Month before that got it in Mark Ellis pharmacy in springfiled. Might be worth ringing ahead?? I know its still in short supply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Try ringing the Boots pharmacies. I got mine there last week. Anyone know what's causing the low supplies??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hi op best thing you can do is get out the golden pages and ring every pharmacy,
    we havnt been able to get any in work for 2 weeks now and no date for it coming back. weve been told its a supply chain error, which could mean anything from they underestimated the demand for it and didnt make enough to the company has had to destroy a batch and start all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Your best bet is probably a small quiet pharmacy where they may not have a regular patient on it but they happen to have a box sitting on the shelf somewhere. I'm on it myself and looks like I'm going to have to go back to noriday which isn't nearly as good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

Thanks for your replies, funny I sourced one box in Donegal! I was on my way home for xmas yday!

The story I'm getting from the Pharmacists is that the company that makes the drug is amalgamating (sp?) with another company and they are having licencing issues. There has been no date set for it's return to the shelves at all, so it could potentially be late Jan or early Feb before its back.

Also, I literally googled all pharmacies in Dublin CC and surrounding areas and nobody has it. I also did the larger pharmacy chains and they phoned around for me....same story!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭No1XtinaFan

Can't believe this :( I got a 6 month prescription for this few months ago but only bought 4 boxes, had to go back to Ovranette on Thursday, I'm dreading this next month. Being on Cerazette has made the world of difference to me, defo have to head back to doc now as soon as they re open

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

I've been ringing around to try and source a pharmacy that has at least one pack. No joy.

I've been on Cerazette before it was licensed to pharmacies(about 3 years now). I first got my prescription from The Well Woman Centre in Dublin. I called them and they have it in stock. They can't use a GP's prescription to dispense it. They can only give it to you if you see their doctor.

Ok, so there is a Doctor's visit cost and then the cost of the prescription. At this stage and how little stocks are available I have no choice. They will (hopefully) give me two months supply, fingers crossed the licensing will be resolved when the amalgamation is complete by the time I need it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Tizzard

I have only just been prescribed this pill. I see there are much older posts on this board from those who could not find supplies. and similar posts on UK forums. how annoying - you'd think the doctor would have known there are supply issues. I can't get it in Bray - so if anyone knows anywhere in Wicklow or South Dublin where I could get it - I would be really thankful.

Just bought some today in the pharmacy in rathgar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gottalovegreys

Jemmm wrote: »
    Just bought some today in the pharmacy in rathgar

Which pharmacy was it Jemmm?

It's a small pharmacy across the road from colmans pub and the pizza hut. Here's their number as I phoned them before I got there and the girl said they had some in stock so it wasn't going to be a wasted journey.

If ur in no hurry for it a few pharmacies said they should have some innstock by next week but none of them were 100% sure

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gottalovegreys

Thanks so much Jemmm, will call them first thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Tizzard

I got some there. There are 3 months supply left there at the moment if anyone is interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rock76

I have come accross them in Blackglen Pharmacy in Sandyford and in Rathgar pharmacy

Advertisement