Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car park in LIT

Options
  • 19-12-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Can any one advise what the current car park situation is in LIT?
    Would it be better to get the bus or walk/cycle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Figerty

get in by 8.40am and you will be grand.

Other wise you will be circling the park in the hope of a space..

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

you can park down in thomond student village or cratloe student village for free and they will even let u on the bus up . or walk its healthier

i dont get why no one does this everyone is parken around the corner blocken peoples gates . its really thick .

if you park down in the villages you can do it for free your saving yourself 10e a week , 30 weeks in the college year thats 300e .

but some people would rather waste money

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

W86indow wrote: »
    you can park down in thomond student village or cratloe student village for free and they will even let u on the bus up . or walk its healthier

i dont get why no one does this everyone is parken around the corner blocken peoples gates . its really thick .

if you park down in the villages you can do it for free your saving yourself 10e a week , 30 weeks in the college year thats 300e .

but some people would rather waste money

because the bus is really only supposed to be for the residents who have paid to have that service. Hence they have posters on the buses saying for "Thomond Village Students" and "Cratloe Village Students".

better put a spar bag over your head so

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Buy your own wheel clamps and you can park anywhere!

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Gun_money wrote: »
    Can any one advise what the current car park situation is in LIT?
    Would it be better to get the bus or walk/cycle?

Best bet is to cycle. LIT is 10 mins from town on a bike and you NEVER have to worry about parking. They built a secure bike shed about two years ago and it's fantastic, just pay a refundable €10 deposit and you get your electronic fob for the year. You'll save yourself a fortune in petrol and parking, won't waste time circling the college or stuck in traffic and will keep yourself fit. Sure, the weather can be bad, but it's only when you cycle that you realise that it doesn't actually rain that much - most rain comes down mid morning, lunch and early afternoon so you'll miss most of it if you're doing an early/late commute.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Have you ever seen what a truck can do to a cyclist at a roundabout? I haven't either,:eek: but I've heard a few horror stories of cycling in Limerick.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

What a helpful post. "I've heard bad things about this"

Take the centre of the lane when approaching choke points, be very wary going up the inside of left turning traffic, and never ever go up the inside of a HGV. I've been commuting daily in this city for about 6 years and I've had one actual incident, a car did something stupid, but I took my eye of the ball also. Cycling is very safe, despite public perception.

Edit - here are some stats from Dublin, based from 2002 - 2006, a four or five year period depending on whether the data were from the start of 2002 to the end of 2006 or not.

http://www.traceysolicitors.ie/blog/cyclists-in-dublin-facts-figures-on-accidents/
    11 Fatalities

8 of these deaths were of cyclists killed by left-turning Lorries.

1 involved a vehicle hitting a cyclist when changing lanes

1 a vehicle rear-ended the cyclist

1 was caused by a stolen vehicle driving head on into a cyclist.

Like I said above, stay away from HGV's and ensure you are visible through proper road positioning.

clampers are out in force these days !! trying to make their money before the seaon ends ................

ive seen 6 clamped this week
    why ???? why ??? are drivers parking in the cross hatched areas next to the pay machine on the hill

and parken on the grass next infront of the gym today 3 in a row clamped ?

does everyone have bags of money to pay for the clamp removal and where can i get some?

Advertisement