Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Rate Esb

Options
  • 19-12-2010 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi,

Im in the process of installing storage heaters into a old victorian house, there would be 3 heaters with approx 4kw between them. There is also a immersion heater used for hot water.

Would a night rate meter be the best option to get to run these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi beebaw,

I would certainly think so. If you use an average of 4 units or more per night (between 11pm and 8am that is, or between 12am and 9am in summertime), that would indicate that a nightsaver tariff is preferable.

The good news is that it won't cost you a thing to have installed; however, if at any future point you decide to revert to the old single tariff meter, a cost would then apply.

Your other option would be to get a night storage heating meter installed; this meter is (as the name suggests) specifically designed with night storage heaters in mind, and can be activated at the cheaper rate any time of day. However, this meter wouldn't sync with your immersion, or any other appliance, and it isn't free to install.

Click here for more information on our available tariff/pricing options.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help, and if you want to go ahead with the change of tariff, just PM me your account details and I'll look after it for you.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement