Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Speed limit on Slane/Drogheda road?

Options
  • 19-12-2010 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭

I notice the speed limit appears to have been changed after the roadworks were completed on the N 51 out of Slane towards Drogheda and the M1. It now looks as though the 50 kph zone stretches all the way out to Dolly Mitchells pub if i remember correctly.
    Is this for real, or am i seeing things??!!:eek:
    It also appears to be a "safety camera" zone so watch out if it is indeed a 50kph zone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭gipi

Do the 50kph signs look "permanent" or temporary? Wonder if they're signs left after the roadworks (I haven't travelled that road, but I heard they opened the road before finishing it completely?).

Either way, it's a likely spot for the speed - sorry, the safety - cameras!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

They look permanent. They are on poles like any other. Ah well, we'll just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Seriously? That cant be right? This country is turning into a bit of a joke when it comes to road safety

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Unfortunately, yes seriously! Where there used to be an 80kph sign there is now a 50kph sign. Incidentally it has 50kph on the other side of the sign too, for cars coming into slane.
    Thats a bit odd so it may well be temporary, although......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 RazorT

The signs are permenant alright. Somebody has to be taking the piss. All the country roads leading of the N51 have speed limits of 80km/h but when you turn onto the "main" road the speed limit is reduced to 50km/h. Makes no sense whatsoever!

• Advertisement

So its now 50km/h all the way from Slane out to the pub with the legs sticking out of the barrel and the bridge after it?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 RazorT

Sure is!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭bladespin

Surely to God there must be someone to report this kind of foolishness to.

With an election coming up raise it as an issue with anyone looking to get elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭gipi

I emailed Meath Co Co and queried the speed limit

The roadworks on that stretch of road are due to recommence next week. The 50kph speed limit is temporary, and will remain in place until 8/2/2011 when the roadworks are finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Stillnotworking

gipi wrote: »
    I emailed Meath Co Co and queried the speed limit

The roadworks on that stretch of road are due to recommence next week. The 50kph speed limit is temporary, and will remain in place until 8/2/2011 when the roadworks are finished.

Was just speaking to people in the Transport Office in Meath Co Co and they said the same as Gipi was told. Phew, only a few more weeks of it.

Advertisement