Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spoilers - Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Ullrich wrote: »
    I hope that Fedor takes this, and then goes on to fight for the ufc title shot. And then quits whatever the result :)

Fedor can/will win the tournament but I doubt he will ever be in the UFC. Do you really think Dana will put up with him and M-1 wanting to re-negotiate after every fight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

MrStuffins wrote: »
    You're right......... 3 of them in the same night?.............they'd need to give him a challenge at least!
    The first two fighters enter the cage and start to fight and then every 90 seconds a buzzer goes off and another fighter comes in. Last man standing is the winner. I think its the same format used in some other fighting competition:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭cletus

anybody heard any more on which (if any channel) is picking up Strikeforce now that Bravo is no longer. i know there was a thread a while back suggesting Eurosport, but my google fu has not been strong enough to come up with more info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

I think its being shown on Eurosport 2 on the continent, but not on Eurosport 2 UK though. Hopefully they sort something out. It's being shown on PPV in Japan, so possibly Primetime might pick it up here. Can't imagine it doing many buys in these parts though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

are we allowed to ask about any streams on here?

Anybody know of a bookmaker giving odds on methods of victory & the like? Paddypower only giving odds on outright winner of the GP bouts.

With Barnett withdrawing his CSAC license application it would be better give on odds on the tournament actually happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    With Barnett withdrawing his CSAC license application it would be better give on odds on the tournament actually happening.

Aren't they planning on having one of the events in Japan. Not only would it be possible for Barnett to fight there, but it would be very wise to have Barnett on any potential Japanese card, since he's a massive star there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

JohnMc1 wrote: »

Barnett said recently in an interview that if he can't get a licence to fight in California that he can apply for a licence in many other different states which have assured him a licence will be granted.
    Aren't they planning on having one of the events in Japan. Not only would it be possible for Barnett to fight there, but it would be very wise to have Barnett on any potential Japanese card, since he's a massive star there.

I heard there is talk that the semifinals may be held in Japan. Barnett will have to get a licence to fight in the quarterfinals in the states!

Barnett said recently in an interview that if he can't get a licence to fight in California that he can apply for a licence in many other different states which have assured him a licence will be granted.

I wouldn't bet your house on that. Alot of State ACs usually follow other Acs decisions. So if CSAC won't license him most other state ACs won't either.

I heard there is talk that the semifinals may be held in Japan. Barnett will have to get a licence to fight in the quarterfinals in the states!

Japan is dicey since MMA there is on life support. SF has a deal with DREAM but FEG their parent company is in restructuring until March. Even if they get their act together they won't be having shows until late this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah, it's not going to be easy for Barnett to get a US license, testng positive for anabolic steroids three times is sort of frowned upon by the ACs

Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah, it's not going to be easy for Barnett to get a US license, testng positive for anabolic steroids three times is sort of frowned upon by the ACs

Agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Short clip of Fedor training for Bigfoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

Anyone know when the final is roughly scheduled for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

probably the only guy with a weaker training camp than fedor is crocop.

probably the only guy with a weaker training camp that fedor is Rampage.

Hey, doesnt he run the gym with JCVD? Look what Seagal is doing for Silva! Ye of little faith!

Oh and by the way, FYP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jaych1000

Anybody know what time the first event starts in Ireland?
    Also, what channel would it be on?
    Will we need to stream it?
    Maybe this could be modded to the first page of this thread for each event?

Jaych1000 wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056169406

Jaych1000 wrote: »

Dude... seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Fighters intro from media day, gettin close now really lookin forward to it

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jaych1000

Don't know how I didn't see that other thread. :rolleyes:
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

will be great to see how fedor performs after his last fight. Hope Andrei kicks ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 leeds87

I'd be very surprised if fedor doesn't win the whole thing. He's not going to rush in again and make a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

I hope Andre gets a couple of wins

I would absolutely love to see a Fedor/Barnett final. Some great match ups guaranteed throughout this tournament - as long as Rogers doesn't make it through the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

Hey guys sorry if this was posted already!

Is the Net the only place to see the Grand Prix??

Hey guys sorry if this was posted already!

Is the Net the only place to see the Grand Prix??

Its on Primetime Network tomorrow night [or Sunday Morning at 3:00AM to be exact] Its channel 480 if you have Sky. Not sure what it is for Chorus or other providers.

Btw. They also have an option for watching it online.
    http://www.primetimelive.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Pain in the arse though, unless you order it through your box and have a phone line connected, you can't record it.

And even if you do have the line connected, you only get the option on the TV to order 1 event so you can't get the package price for all 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

Cheers guys bit pricey.

Download it is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

Screw it, I'm gonna pay for the whole tourney. Peace of mind. I don't want any streams failing.

We're privileged to be able to see someone like Fedor fight, and in such an epic tournament.

Went to order it on the phone but they don't take Laser cards, bit of a dose. Went to get it through the box and they said I've to ring to order it. May try streaming so!

• Advertisement

Fedor wins tonight in devestationg fashion, Strikeforce proclaim him "back" and "The Baddest Man on the Planet".......... his managers know how much of a selling point he is for the whole tournament. They renegotiate and refuse to fight until he gets more money, whole Tournie becomes a disaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

Fedor wins tonight in devestationg fashion, Strikeforce proclaim him "back" and "The Baddest Man on the Planet".......... his managers know how much of a selling point he is for the whole tournament. They renegotiate and refuse to fight until he gets more money, whole Tournie becomes a disaster!

They'd just sign Kimbo and put him in Fedor's place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

i just feel this is gonna fall apart like the super six

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Rang Primetime over the phone, ordered the full deal last night. Service very easy over the phone. Told her about the website problem for me, the telephone thing has to be 10-11 digits however for example if i wanted to put Louth it 042 93 xxxxx wouldn't be accepted and then putting the int code of 00353 pushed it over the limit.

Repeats being shown practically all day too, this is pleasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Antonio Silva is a fcuking beast. His ground and pound is just vicious. Completely dominant over Fedor imo.

Fights are on Youtube if you didn't get a chance to order it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Wow very quiet here seeming that Fedor lost,great fight pity about how it ended would have like to have seen Fedor actually stopped,not due to doctors advice.

dave1982 wrote: »
    Wow very quiet here seeming that Fedor lost,great fight pity about how it ended would have like to have seen Fedor actually stopped,not due to doctors advice.

I guess everybody wanted to wait a couple of days to make sure everybody got a chance to see the fights.

Personally I have mixed feelings about Fedor's loss. As a fan I'm disappointed but I'm also relieved because M-1 won't be able to pull their bait and switch renegotiations tactics and possibly derail the whole tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

dave1982 wrote: »

His eye was completely shut. The doctor and referee made the right call.

• Advertisement

It's quiet here because all of the chat went on over here

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It's quiet here because all of the chat went on over here

Best to keep it that way, no point having 2 threads ruined by endless/pointless Fedor legacy arguing.

So on a tournament note, what do people think of Silva's chances at winning the thing now? I thought he looked great in that fight, but it's hard to judge Fedor's performance.

Best to keep it that way, no point having 2 threads ruined by endless/pointless Fedor legacy arguing.

So on a tournament note, what do people think of Silva's chances at winning the thing now? I thought he looked great in that fight, but it's hard to judge Fedor's performance.

He has a great chance!

But it all depends. if Overeem wins, Silva is favourite IMO. If Werdum wins, I fancy Werdum over Silva.

The definite thing is though, the winner is coming from the left side of the bracket!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I just had a look at Werdum-Silva from a while back, I didn't see it before, and I think a rematch between the two would be fantastic, Silva's boxing has definitely improved since then.

Yeah its hard to see anyone from the right side winning it, maybe Kharitonov against Werdum? Sergei should be able to keep it standing where he has the advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Only saw this now, Scott Coker says that Fedor is a potential alternate for the HW Grand Prix. What a complete joke. No wonder no one takes Strikeforce serious!

http://www.zimbio.com/Strikeforce+MMA/articles/tmG6qPAq4cK/Why+Is+Fedor+An+Alternate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

why is that a joke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

why is that a joke?

Because he had his chance and got beat. They already have 3 reserves who fought and won their chance at the competition. Announcing Fedor as a reserve is silly.

Besides, I think that happened right after the Fedor defeat and Coker backed down on that suggestion soon afterwards.

Advertisement