Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postpone Exams till summer

Options
  • 19-12-2010 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

What with the weather and workloads I didn't anticipate in year 3 I don't feel I am ready for one of my exams, it happens to be a math substitute for a module I failed the year previously so I have 7 exams this semester. It just occurred to me that the module in question is also offered in semester 2 so I was wondering if it would be possible for me to postpone the exam till then without incurring additional resit fees?

Edit title should read "postpone exam till summer" not exam"s" ..

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Not at this stage afaik. You could have done so at the beginning of the semester before registration closed but during the exam period is simply too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Whatever hope you had before i think its a bit late with only a couple of days left at most

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I reckon a few won't make it in for the 9 o clock start, they'll underestimate the traffic!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I reckon a few won't make it in for the 9 o clock start, they'll underestimate the traffic!

One guy I know stayed up all night studying for Statistics (at 9am). As a result of spending his 3rd successive night studying, he fell asleep and missed the exam. He got to the RDS as quick as he could, but it was 10.10am when he got there and he wasn't allowed in as people had already left. So unlucky.

One guy I know stayed up all night studying for Statistics (at 9am). As a result of spending his 3rd successive night studying, he fell asleep and missed the exam. He got to the RDS as quick as he could, but it was 10.10am when he got there and he wasn't allowed in as people had already left. So unlucky.

Sick.

I wonder if you would be granted extenuating circumstances if you missed one because traffic was so bad. I can see people leaving tommorow at 7.30 tomorrow morning and still not making it for 9!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

No chance you can change into the other offering now. The change of mind window closed long ago.

Whats so bad about traffic tomorrow?

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Whats so bad about traffic tomorrow?

Snow + cold = ice = dangerous roads = slower traffic

Oh right, i thought the pope was in town or something.

Yeah i'm going to try leave a bit earlier tomorrow

I took me just over 90 minutes to get there this morning, leaving at 7am. Thats about 15 minutes extra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Penisland

Gonna be madness for people getting there for the 6-8 exam tonight....between people getting out of the earlier exam and people trying to get there...going to be a disaster!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Penisland wrote: »
    Gonna be madness for people getting there for the 6-8 exam tonight....between people getting out of the earlier exam and people trying to get there...going to be a disaster!

Aye, traffic is already coming to a standstill in the city centre. This is going to continue on and off throughout the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Saw 2 cars slid, one crash and the bus slid into the curb on the way home from UCD. Goodluck to people in from 6-8, getting there and home will be some effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory.

Most people wouldve been en route to UCD as snow fell so hopefully few are stuck. The areas south of UCD seem to be worst affected but hopefully people can access the dart.

Most people wouldve been en route to UCD as snow fell so hopefully few are stuck. The areas south of UCD seem to be worst affected but hopefully people can access the dart.

So many drive so id say loads of people will be stuck!

Was just talking to my GF, huge line of traffic trying to get into RDS!

Snow is still coming down like mad!

Be shocked if exams are on tommorow

Christmas starts early...you heard it here first :pac: go get pissed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭happy_feet

anyone who can access the dart should be alright, afaik it wasn't badly affected by the snow last time so it should be fine 2moro...

although the walk up to the RDS might take a wee bit longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Hopefully it will stop snowing tonight and the griters can work their magic! so close to the end, just want to get them over and done with now

EDIT: or failing that, they let us know nice and early they are cancelled so I can go back to bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭happy_feet

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Hopefully it will stop snowing tonight and the griters can work their magic! so close to the end, just want to get them over and done with now

agreed! don't want them dragging on to after christmas!

Im staking my reputation on them being cancelled :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

UCD administration would be truly sadistic to allow the exams to go ahead. I don't know about the south side but here in the north side it's pretty bad. About 2-4 inches of snow in 2 hours. Also, I've an exam tomorrow and all this excitement is tempting me to slack of study for a few hours. I getting f*cked and more f*cked as the hours go by. Please, UCD, cancel the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

Was just talking to my GF, huge line of traffic trying to get into RDS!

Snow is still coming down like mad!

Be shocked if exams are on tommorow

Christmas starts early...you heard it here first :pac: go get pissed :D

youre name is penisland and youre staking you reputation on this :rolleyes: :D

lads youre getting my hopes up here

woop wrote: »
    youre name is peniland and youre staking you reputation on this :rolleyes: :D

lads youre getting my hopes up here

Pen Island?? whats wrong with that :pac: woop :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

They could reschedule them for the 23rd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I'm on the northside too and despite how awkward getting there and back will be, I really just wanna get it over with. I might head in an hour or so early and have the bant in the study hall just in case theres mega delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

CMON HUGH MAKE THE CALL!!!!:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

woop wrote: »

That has not been updated since this morning, Id say they will update it after 9PM tonight as to whether tomorrow morning is going ahead or not.

EDIT: Oh wait it has been updated. Wouldn't like to have a 9Am tomorrow. :eek:

Hmm this is surprising....id say it will still be called off!

• Advertisement

Hmm this is surprising....id say it will still be called off!

dude youre just messing with me now!

do you have an exam tomo?

Advertisement