Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postpone Exams till summer

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Bloody snow. Where were you when I was failing politics at the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 greendiesel123

have to drive from donegal either 2nite r 2 moro...balls:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

Next update at 6am apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

FewToLose wrote: »
    Next update at 6am apparently

Good, wonder if I'll pull the duvet cover back over my had at 6:01am??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

colossus-x wrote: »
    Good, wonder if I'll pull the duvet cover back over my had at 6:01am??

hmm, I wonder. Supposedly that Scott Ahearn guy in the students union talked to someone at 1.20 am and was told that they are still on. Checking traffic cams and roads are still a mess round the place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Yup, it's on the SU facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/ucdsu/posts/132982426761574

Scott maintains they will go ahead.

I maintain he's silly. ( said in Jest )

I do think it'll be a nightmare though!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Yup, it's on the SU facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/ucdsu/posts/132982426761574

Scott maintains they will go ahead.

I maintain he's silly. ( said in Jest )

I do think it'll be a nightmare though!

I think he might have set up a facility for those not able to get in by bus, etc. to have exams re-organised because hes asking them to contact him. Which isnt usual procedure tbh and hes not giving definite answers so. This is complete guesswork though unless they actually believe everything will run smoothly tomo.

Lads Im going to be perfectly honest, the snow has fecked my study up completely. today I was meant to breeze through things but I kind of assumed they would be off tomo seeing as how bad it is so I dossed pretty much. Now its late Im tired and cant study. Ugh

woop wrote: »
    I think he might have set up a facility for those not able to get in by bus, etc. to have exams re-organised because hes asking them to contact him. Which isnt usual procedure tbh and hes not giving definite answers so. This is complete guesswork though unless they actually believe everything will run smoothly tomo.

Lads Im going to be perfectly honest, the snow has fecked my study up completely. today I was meant to breeze through things but I kind of assumed they would be off tomo seeing as how bad it is so I dossed pretty much. Now its late Im tired and cant study. Ugh

Me too, I'm doing on all nighter right now. Really don't want to pay out €230 for a repeat ... I'm broke as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

any news boyhs??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭spillit67

Yeah there's a big ****off shower heading our way and I have a 9am. Was thinking of leaving now but if it's cancelled then I'm looking at a worthless several hour hike there and back. That's if I make it on time of course.

In the same boat chap, 9am biggie. Heading off at about 7 on foot in me ski boots and fire in my eyes. I'll wait till then though in case the cúnt gets cancelled.

spillit67 wrote: »
    Yeah there's a big ****off shower heading our way and I have a 9am. Was thinking of leaving now but if it's cancelled then I'm looking at a worthless several hour hike there and back. That's if I make it on time of course.

I predict another 2 inches of snowfall before 10am. UCD should have updated their website by now. It's a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

I predict another 2 inches of snowfall before 10am. UCD should have updated their website by now. It's a disgrace.

How deep is it now?

It was said there'd be an update wasn't it? Not sure. Might start studying so.

Public servants doing extra curricular work.;) No issue for them to close libraries and call off lectures so staff can beat the traffic two weeks ago but now no no no we must all brave it in.

How deep is it now?

Well in Swords it's about 3-4 inches, I don't know about the southside. According to this site, which someone provided a link to earlier, we'd be expecting a large amount of precipitation in Dublin in the next 2-3 hours. According to the radar there's already a lot of precipitation in Wicklow and the Dublin mountains.

Well in Swords it's about 3-4 inches, I don't know about the southside. According to this site, which someone provided a link to earlier, we'd be expecting a large amount of precipitation in Dublin in the next 2-3 hours. According to the radar there's already a lot of precipitation in Wicklow and the Dublin mountains.

I'd say 5 or 6 where I am. Roads were lethal on the Southside I know that much and there's cars abandoned on the M50 and other routes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Id be very interested to hear whats going to happen the people who email the Education or Welfare officers. If they have the exam at a later date or are assessed even slightly different to the rest of us, they can sign me up for that too tbh!

spillit67 wrote: »
    I'd say 5 or 6 where I am. Roads were lethal on the Southside I know that much and there's cars abandoned on the M50 and other routes.

Ahh, FFS, if that's the case than if UCD don't postpone they're f*cking sadists.

• Advertisement

Just wish they'd let us know, is all.
    This uncertainty is annoying

According to the Dublin Bus website, most bus services (around 70% of them) are running normally with some delays.
    Dublin Bus wishes to advise its customers that due to adverse weather conditions the diversions and curtailments listed below are currently in place, although there may also be delays due to slow traffic.

Road conditions are very icy across the city and we will continue to monitor all routes and corridors throughout the day and will update the information below continuously.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/

T'was updated at 06:37, I'd expect UCD to update pretty soon. I predict that the exams will go ahead.

Well the van is stuck in the drive so it looks like I'm going nowhere.

Well the van is stuck in the drive so it looks like I'm going nowhere.

You're going to need an extenuating circumstances form and a Garda Report saying that you can't go anywhere. UCD is as awkward as ****

Still not an update from UCD or the Students Union, absolute chancers. They had better be on the phones to registry and not tucked up in bed still.

Good times hey!!

Good times hey!!

Not really, I've got a Quantum Mechanics exam @12 and I'm pretty much ****ed ... and I'll probably fall asleep in the exam.

im off on a two hour trek now so gluck boyhz. Keep it real and all that. xxz

Not really, I've got a Quantum Mechanics exam @12 and I'm pretty much ****ed ... and I'll probably fall asleep in the exam.

Getting extenuating circumstances will be piss easy imo. I know they say a Garda form or some made up ****e is required but there could be a myriad of justifiable circumstances that you couldn't make it.

• Advertisement

You're going to need an extenuating circumstances form and a Garda Report saying that you can't go anywhere. UCD is as awkward as ****

Yea I downloaded the form last night. And I emailed Scott Ahern after he told anyone who didn't think they'd make it in to give him a shout, and got a "send to all" email. I would have preferred if he'd have just answered the questions even if it was 2 or 3 days later. The garda station is a long hike from here, and from what I can make out, you can get a professional to sign the form either so I should be able to get one of the parents to sign it.

Advertisement