Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice from other dj's as i am a bit baffled

Options
  • 19-12-2010 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

not sure if im in the right section for this but i need advice from other dj's because this is really bugging me.....I had a party for a special event six months ago, but i had booked the dj a year in advance, at the time he said he'd only charge me €150 as he knew me (he was supposed to be a friend) which was great i was delighted etc etc. But then two weeks before the event we discussed how long he'd play for...so we agreed he'd start at 8.30 and he "promised" he'd play till 1am, any how to cut the long story a bit short he started at 8.30 and finshed at 12am, between that time he did not get the crowd going and wasnt playing a good mix of music which he promised......i'm just wondering guys do u think i was ripped off price wise coz when i went to pay him he said i owed him €200.. its really annoying me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

...........would you book a DJ not having heard him mix before. Come on man, it's on of the bare necessities, i.e. prerequisite to hire him. If he was S**t it' your own fault for not listening to him

Dunno where you stand re pricing but did you happen to sign anything at the time? I'm guessing not.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wheelybird

no i hadnt heard him play before, i was going by word of mouth, other people were tellin me he how great he was, thats what inspired me to book him, but everyone else told me he was brilliant, i knew him thru mutual friend.....and no i didnt sign anything. but i cant understand why he promised me one thing and then did another....totally unprofessional if u ask me, but i tell u one thing......i'm never bookin him again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Well you don't need to sign anything for a contract to exist. It sounds like you had intially agreed to pay him €150, but then he demanded €200 after the gig. You should have just paid him the agreed €150. Whether he got the crowd going or not is largely irrelevant - unless he guaranteed he would, but it doesn't sound like he did.

You could try and go through The Small Claims Court to get the extra €50 back. But to be honest, it's only €50. Just chalk it down to experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wheelybird

thanks ianuss, I was just so angry and annoyed that he did this, but your right it is only €50. but as i said in previous posts i'm never bookin him again....i'm gonna suss out dj's before i have another party

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

Always get an email address and then before any booking confirm, via email, the price and the set time.
    Then at least you have proof of an official arrangement. Word of mouth "contracts" are always going to be dodgy.
    Nobody can remember what they said a year ago. He could be saying, "yer man tried to rip me off 50 euro" 'cos that's his memory of the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bildo

All DJs are wreckheads, irresponsible and useless. Booking a year ahead is only asking for trouble. Personally I think DJs should be paid beer, and only if they're lucky and not completely rubbish.
    Scum the lot of em

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

bildo wrote: »
    All DJs are wreckheads, irresponsible and useless. Booking a year ahead is only asking for trouble. Personally I think DJs should be paid beer, and only if they're lucky and not completely rubbish.
    Scum the lot of em

Sounds like you had a bad experience with one, you should seek help.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

bildo wrote: »
    Scum the lot of em

All people with vans for hire dump rubbish illegally

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Most of the posters in the electronic music and DJ'ing forum are absolute cock merchants..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

maxxie wrote: »
    Most of the posters in the electronic music and DJ'ing forum are absolute cock merchants..

Yes, I've been selling cocks for many a years... chickens too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

I have a huge cock

ManWithHugeCock.jpg

Yes, I've been selling cocks for many a years... chickens too.

We know..

We know..

Well I'd be selling more if some bugger from Tallaght didn't keep stealing them on me...

Well I'd be selling more if some bugger from Tallaght didn't keep stealing them on me...

Stalker

Stalker

Cock Stealer

Advertisement