Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotels in Paris

• 19-12-2010 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all,

Heading to Paris in the new year for a couple of days just curious if anyone could recommend a couple of nice hotels that aren't overly expensive?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

It's a good idea to look for personal recommendations.
    We were there last weekend - we booked a hotel which was rated very highly on Tripadvisor, but we were very disappointed with our hotel. Turns out that a lot of hotels get their staff and friends to post high ratings on Tripadvisor to 'boost' their ratings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Disco Volante

Yeah it's something that I was concerned about hence why I came on here to see what people have to recommend thanks for your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Hi, I went to Paris in January in 2008. Its a gorgeous city but it will be freezing cold. I stayed at Timhotel on Rue de la Banque. It was a nice small hotel. Nothing fancy, the bathroom was pretty small but it was cheap and I didnt mind. Its very close to the Lourve.

I didnt get the underground once. I loved walking about and seeing everything. The Eiffel tower at night is beautiful. Notre Dame is amazing looking. Have fun anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭black & white

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Been a fair few times now, and I always end up using the Hotel de la Paix, it's not the biggest - rooms aren't huge either - but it is clean and modern, and literally about 400 yards away from the Eiffel Tower, some great restaurants, and a metro station. And far enough away from noise too to get a proper night's sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

I was in Paris during the summer with my gf and stayed in the montmartre area. It is by the sacre course, moulin rouge etc..

We stayed at http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-0697-ibis-paris-montmartre-18eme/index.shtml

Can have no complaints about the hotel. It is 50m from metro and the line it is on will bring you to all the main spots.

Very clean and comfortable.Rooms not massive but still a good size. If you are booking it ask for a view of the cemetary (I think it works out cheaper and less noisy (we heard no noise at all)).

Would certainly recommend it and would stay there again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I always stay at the Hotel des Trois Colleges. It's in the Latin Quarter, directly next to the Sorbonne. The Pantheon is around the corner and so are the Luxembourg Gardens which are gorgeous. It's a short walk down to Notre Dame, the Marais and I've also walked to the Botanic Gardens, Natural History Museum, the Musee d'Orsay and the Louvre from here.
    The hotel itself is simple and quiet. The rooms are basic but comfortable, all have air con and tvs. Most are about €100ish a night. I always have breakfast in Le Rostand around the corner which is right next to an amazing chocolate shop and faces the Luxembourg Gardens which has music on Sunday mornings.
    Can you tell I'm slightly in love with Paris? : )
    Sorry for not posting links (or proper paragraphs!), my internet is down and I can only use my mobile. If you want anymore info just ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Davoe

Hi all,

Heading to Paris in the new year for a couple of days just curious if anyone could recommend a couple of nice hotels that aren't overly expensive?

Thanks for your help!

I know of a couple good hotels from TA, with very good reviews:
    Hotel Varenne is located right next to the Invalides and Rodin museum. It's a nice area close to the Eiffel tower, Tuileries, Champs Elysees, Louvre.

Ducs d'Anjou next to les Halles, Notre Dame and the Louvre museum. It's a busy area, with lots of shopping.

The Lautrec Opera hotel if you like the grand streets of Opera, with magnificent stores and buildings.

If you need more suggestions just ask! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 gloogloo

Hi there!
    Try the hotel Perdrix Rouge . It's in the 19th. Nothing fancy but it's comfortable and cosy, with a staff friendly.
    The hotel du Parc. It's a lovely hotel in Montparnasse area. They have interesting prices.
    And the hotel Parisiana offers low prices with a special 3 nights package on their website. It's in the 10th, in Republique area.
    Hope it helped :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 trueboredom

Hi!

I stayed at the Hotel Paris France.

It was a pretty good hotel and there are some restaurants near buy. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast they served was pretty good. It is not too far away from some of the major stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 nearyj

Hey Davoe,
    Thank you for your hotel recommendations. When it comes to using TA, hotels.com etc it can be overwhelming so thanks for making our lives a little easier. I've gone with Ducs d'anjou but it was a close run thing as all the hotels you mentioned which had excellent TA reviews. Snickerpuss' Hotel des Trois Colleges also had excellent reviews.

nearyj wrote: »
    Hey Davoe,
    Thank you for your hotel recommendations. When it comes to using TA, hotels.com etc it can be overwhelming so thanks for making our lives a little easier. I've gone with Ducs d'anjou but it was a close run thing as all the hotels you mentioned which had excellent TA reviews. Snickerpuss' Hotel des Trois Colleges also had excellent reviews.

I'm pretty familiar with TA, anytime you need help or suggestions I'll try to help out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Could anyone recommend a decent cheapish hotel in the St Gerrmain area? Hoping to go for 4 or 5 nights in Feb or March so cant spend a fortune per night

Could anyone recommend a decent cheapish hotel in the St Gerrmain area? Hoping to go for 4 or 5 nights in Feb or March so cant spend a fortune per night

Saint Germain area is pretty expensive, you might have to settle for a hotel a little farther out. But the Crystal hotel is probably your best bet, it starts at 83 and 87euros for a single and double room, which is really interesting for a hotel in the heart of St Germain! It also has very good reviews on TA!
    If it's too expensive (or not enough :D ) i can try to find something else!

Advertisement