Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the advantage of an All In One PC?

• 19-12-2010 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Maybe I'm missing something but apart from less space are there any other advantages. They also seem to be more expensive so does the advantage not nullify itself by the more expensive price tag???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

140193.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

censuspro wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something but apart from less space are there any other advantages. They also seem to be more expensive so does the advantage not nullify itself by the more expensive price tag???

More expensive, harder to cool, less power generally, difficult to upgrade to any degree, tendency to have repairs cost more as everything sits on the mainboard.

Pro's, easy to install, easy to look at, less cables. All of which you can get with a normal desktop and some simple cable management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pretty much the same reason as to get a flat screen TV - it looks nicer, takes less space.

Just get a laptop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,278 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

censuspro wrote: »
    Tradeoffs. You're paying for the sleekness, the compact design which requires a bit of engineering, because you cant find room to fit an HD 6850 in there, now can you?

Other than that they have no other benefits over Desktops, or Laptops. Desktops are larger and very flexible in what you can install into them. Laptops are of course mobile, and run on a battery.

Many corporate settings opt either for desktops, or laptops with a docking system. I don't really see the appeal of in all in one unless you're looking for pizazz and flair. Or you just really hate cables, and want something with a little more power than a laptop.

Advertisement