Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxing a commercial vehicle ?

Options
  • 19-12-2010 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Has anyone any recent experience in taxing a commercial vehicle in Donegal ? I was just wondering if the local offices are asking for vat numbers or letters from employers before you can get commercial tax ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

210 wrote: »
    Has anyone any recent experience in taxing a commercial vehicle in Donegal ? I was just wondering if the local offices are asking for vat numbers or letters from employers before you can get commercial tax ?

I didnt need one anyways, i done it last week, just the usual test cert + insurance and of course cheque book :D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Larrson

I didnt need one anyways, i done it last week, just the usual test cert + insurance and of course cheque book :D
    Same as above i did it 3 weeks ago no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

If it is your first time taxing the vehicle as commercial you will be required to have the declaration of use as Commercial. You can get one at a Garda Station and it needs to be signed by Garda.

This was always the case. You also need DOE Test Certificate as opposed to NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭ferrete

you also need a vat, flock or herd number now if taxing the commerical for the first time but if you had already owned it and taxed it then you are grand

Advertisement