Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i get a refund

Options
  • 20-12-2010 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

Just to be clear there is no fault with the item i bought.

My question is i bought a camera as a gift for someone for Christmas i paid 129 euro for it.I later seen same camera on sale else where for 79 euro.

Can i get a refund off the shop the shop i paid 129 if there is nothing wrong the camera?

It's a 50 euro difference and 50 is a lot now

Thank's for taking time to read

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The shop has no obligation to give you a refund for a 'change of mind' return. Some places might, some will either offer you an exchange or store credit. I'd say your chances of getting your cash back are rather slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

pithater1 wrote: »
    The shop has no obligation to give you a refund for a 'change of mind' return. Some places might, some will either offer you an exchange or store credit. I'd say your chances of getting your cash back are rather slim.

Yeah thought that,thank's for such a fast reply.So much for buying local :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 coraf

pithater1 wrote: »

I work in retail and if you have your receipt you will get a full refund . They could ask you why you are takingnit back you shouls say just not suited .

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

coraf wrote: »
    I work in retail and if you have your receipt you will get a full refund . They could ask you why you are takingnit back you shouls say just not suited .

That all depends on the goodwill of the store. They aren't under any obligation to refund you.
    I have also worked in various retail stores and studied contract law last year.
    And let the store know of the price difference! It may even convince them to lower their prices! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

coraf wrote: »
    I work in retail and if you have your receipt you will get a full refund .

Might get a refund would be more accurate. It all depends on the store policy, but there is no requirement to give one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

From my time in retail, we would offer an exchange in this case but the money would not be returned outright. Different shop, different policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

As there is no fault with the camera, this situation is entirely at the shop's discretion. There is no harm in trying to see if the shop will refund you, but be prepared that they may not. They may also offer you a credit note or an alternative product. Or they may allow you nothing.

Have you considered selling the camera on adverts.ie or eBay instead?

Advertisement