Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Wireless for Xbox Live?

• 20-12-2010 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi,
    I was hoping somebody could shed some light on this matter for me. Im currently living in an apartment in Port Laoise. I called UPC to order broadband but they said they could not install it at my address. I would go with eircom but im restricted (in terms of money) and eircom require a phone line which would add on approximately another €20 to my bill which I cannot afford.
    Can anybody tell me if Digiwebs' wireless service is ok for gaming on xbox live or will I be forced to fork out the extra cash for Eircoms phone line?

Thanks.
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Xbox Martyr

I knew some people around Carlow who had it and found it very good....I think they were on an 8mb pack....Very little lag and usually hosted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Digiweb Metro Wireless should be fine. Usually lower lag than DSL (eircom), about 27ms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

I use it - Im in Bray - its perfect !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shanekorn

they called me today to let me know they need a small arial on the roof. If they cannot access the roof they will install a DSL connection, how's their DSL vs their wireless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 NoseRocket

Hey Surfing_Xboxer,

I'm also quite close to Bray, Up Old Conna avenue, How do you find Digiweb speeds? You happy with the 8Mb product I take it?

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement