Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Aston Villa Match Thread

Options
  • 20-12-2010 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Live on Sky Sports on 26/12 at 5.30

So after the non event at Blackpool on saturday hopefully this one will go ahead. The one positive from the postponed game is that the likes of Dawson, Van Der Vaart, Defoe have all got a bit more time to recover from injury. Another plus is that the guys get a well deserved and well needed break. Should be a cracker of a game. Come On You Spurs!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

kakee wrote: »
    Live on Sky Sports on 26/12 at 5.30

So after the non event at Blackpool on saturday hopefully this one will go ahead. The one positive from the postponed game is that the likes of Dawson, Van Der Vaart, Defoe have all got a bit more time to recover from injury. Another plus is that the guys get a well deserved and well needed break. Should be a cracker of a game. Come On You Spurs!!!!!!!!!!

Gallas and Jenas as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

We won't be too far away from a full team soon. Thudd and King really are the only two we'll be missing by this weekend, which is great. As for this weekend, while Villa aren't in great form they always play well against us and I reckon it'll be a close game, with us winning by a goal, something like 2 - 1. I would love for us to keep a clean sheet and put 3 or 4 goals past them and hopefully with a full squad we can do it, but I'd settle for a win of any kind.

Sorry, I just realised that this match is in Villa Park, so I'll change my prediction to a draw as that's what we normally end up with there.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭oppiuy

2-0 spurs. Pav and Van der Vart

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Dunno where to put this, perhaps we should make an injury thread??
    Jamie O' Hara is back doing sprints and ball work, hopes to be back for the Charlton game, according to his twitter. Very good news, always rated him highly, he really excelled last year for Pompy, perhaps he might go on to establish himself in the team if Bale ever leaves us.

• Advertisement

Good news, though I'd have him in the middle instead of Wilson at the moment to be honest. Better passer, can shoot, and doesn't get as many cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

This is the type of game we need to be winning. Villa arent playing well, with our firepower we are able to score anywhere. Big question is can we stop the rot at the back. I am going to go for a 3-1 spurs win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

We have VDV Jenas and Kaboul back for this one which is big.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

THFC wrote: »
    Dunno where to put this, perhaps we should make an injury thread??
    This may be of some interest to you if you don't already know of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think we'll destroy them TBH, everyone back. I'm gonna go with 3-1 but should be 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Just had a few beers next door ho ho ho :D, just left the milk, carrot, and biscuit out for the main man, here's the team news..

Harry Redknapp has positive news from the treatment room ahead of our Boxing Day clash at Villa.

Rafael van der Vaart, Younes Kaboul, Niko Kranjcar and Jermaine Jenas are all back in the frame after recent injuries.

Rafa and Younes might have returned last weekend at Blackpool had the game survived the weather.

Niko and JJ have trained this week after hamstring and calf injuries respectively. Both were injured in our final Champions League group match at FC Twente.

William Gallas is also approaching full fitness after picking up a hamstring injury in training before the Chelsea match on December 12.

"William's not too far away, I don't think he'll be ready for Villa, but we're looking at next weekend," said Harry on Friday.

"He's made a fantastic recovery but Michael (Dawson) is back, Younes is fit again and Seb (Bassong) has done a great job for us, so we're in good shape."

Ledley King (groin) remains out with longer-term Jonathan Woodgate (groin) and Jamie O'Hara (back).

Defoe is due a league goal, think i'll have a couple of euro on em.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

lose today i think

I think we could destroy Villa today. A Wincast with Defore to score would be a nice little bet. I'm sticking with a 3/1. VDV, Defore and Modric all to score.

Also, Amazingly Bolton are 8/1 to beat Chelsea next week. Think that's worth €5 anyday.

lose today i think

Ye reckon ?
    These are places we need to be going to and winning, especially with some important players back from injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Ye reckon ?
    These are places we need to be going to and winning, especially with some important players back from injury.
    Just can't get excited about today,maybe because i'm sick and feel like ****.

Team news yet anyone? SpursOnSide appear to be taking a break so I'm completely lost as to where to go..:o

Edit - there back, VDV starting. More to follow...

Gomes
    Hutton --- Dawson --- Kaboul --- BAE
    Lennon --- Palacios --- Modric --- Bale
    Van Der Vaart
    Defoe

Subs:
    Cudcini, Bassong, Corluka, Jenas, Kranjcar, Crouch and Pavlyuchenko.

Friedel
    Lichaj --- Collins --- Cuellar --- Warnock
    Albrighton --- Delph --- Hogg --- Downing
    Heskey--- Agbonlahor

Their ravaged by injuries, anything other than 3 points here is just bad.

Dunno about Wilson in the middle with Jenas Fit.

• Advertisement

That def wasn't over the lune IMO. Makes up for penalty that they should have I guess.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Shouldnt have been a red for Defoe. Yellow yes, but there wasnt any intent to elbow him. Going to be tough to hold onto this one.

That Linesman cost us a perfectly good Goal and Defoe for 3 Matches. I'll be less then impressed if it costs us 3 points too.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

2-0 van the man:D

2-1:mad: albrighton

Squeeky bum time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

The cheek of Pires!

yes a well deserved 3 points happy christmas lads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

fcukin super result , get in there

• Advertisement

Big big 3 points. Puts us right back in it.

Advertisement