Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Aston Villa Match Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Yes big win delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

so proud of the spurs today!!! big,big result for us!! bring on the magpies!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

We're starting to win those tough games that we would have thrown away in recent years. Great win, forgot just how good VDV is, and what a performance from Modric. I think we should definitely be appealing that red card, appalling decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

That was a great result, 10 men for an hour to go and put a second past 'em and virtually killed 'em off.
    Can't help but think had they any recognised marksman on the pitch,we would've lost this,the amount of free ball they got in the box was wreckless at times!!
    Still though, am chuffed with all three points-someday soon a clean sheet:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Seven games undefeated longest stretch under Harry and we are averaging two points a game on current form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Great performance. VDV different gravy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Cracking result given the circumstances. Couldn't believe the red card decision but it appears that Harry has no complaints. Modric had a cracking game (yet again). I agree that Wilson played very well but went back to his old ways for sixty seconds and gave the ball away twice - they scored from the second

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Everything In Its Right Place

Is this the first time in a premier league game where two premier league fixtures of the same teams had the same score and the same goal scorers. van der vaart scored 2 and albrigton scored in the previous fixture? terrific result overall with 10 men

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I can see how the officials interpreted JD's offence as a foul but I still think a straight red was harsh. A yellow would have been more appropriate and I think the slow motion backs that up. No intent, just clumsy.

I think we played very well and even after going down to 10 men we still looked the more composed team. Sure, we had a bit luck and Gomes made a few good saves but there seemed a strong belief amongst our players that Villa did not have themselves.

When does JD's suspension start?

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

very proud of the boys last night
    absolutely superb
    for me, our best league performance this season

• Advertisement

RichMc70 wrote: »
    When does JD's suspension start?

Tomorrow at the Lane for Newcastle. He'll also miss our home game against Fulham and Everton at Goodison. He'll be back for Charlton in the FA Cup. Hopefully though we'll appeal and it'll get reduced to a one game ban. No one (in the media afaik) has yet to say it was a deserved red.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Fcuking great performance. Played some lovely football at times. To go to Villa, play with ten men for an hour, and play as well as we did is brilliant.
    VDV is different class. 2 wins at home now and we are flying.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Forgot to mention one thing, wilson was deadly, his best performance in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great win,good spirit shown by the players last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Forgot to mention one thing, wilson was deadly, his best performance in a long time.

I agree with this. I thought he was brilliant last night, in attack as well as defence, and it reminded me of why we thought so highly of him when he first arrived. I was so chuffed after we played keep-ball for the last 2 minutes of the first half - it was like watching Barcelona at times! Fantastic result and performance. That pass from Modric for the first goal was just sublime. Confidence is high and we need to keep this momentum going to keep in touch with the leaders.

Heard we're not appealing JD's red, disappointed with that.

Advertisement