Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTC Christmas & holiday greetings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

Have a great Christmas MT, and remember to take a break from the forecasting. Your input and vast knowledge of the weather in these parts have been very informative. Your explanations to the lay man have been great and probably turned me and others into "Weather Extremists".
    Tog go bog e MT and enjoy the holidays;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Merry Christmas MT to you and your family, your forecast is always my first port of call whenever I head on over to the Weather forum. I always enjoy your broader comments and discussion on the bigger picture, something we rarely get from Met Eireann. We got our snow here in Galway so I'm happy. Plus you don't seem to get very upset by the odd begrudger (comes with the territory around here).

Live long and prosper and keep those forecasts coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Happy Christmas and new year MT.
    Ive passed on your name to many people who now read your forcasts without fail every day.
    Your a very popular person in my neck of the woods now.
    keep them forcasts coming.
    All the best:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you MT and your family . Thanks for all your hard work here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Thanks for all the hard work MT. The forecasts have proved invaluable to a few people I have introduced them to this year. Also throughly enjoy the monthly contest.

Nollaig Shona Duit. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 OfficeStuff

Merry Christmas MT and thanks a million for the forecasts. Hope you get loads of snow and keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i know you'll deny it, but you were probably doing snow dances for hours to ensure us snow lovers got the snow we wanted, being the considerate type you have now decided that those who do not like the snow need a break for christmas. Thanks for all your hard work and humour. I hope you have a relaxing and fun holiday season - in fact I don't want to see you on this forum between Christmas and the New Year:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Aykina

Happy Holidays MT.
    Thanks for all the forecasts, you've converted me into a total weather nerd at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RJC09

I really hope you and your family have a very merry christmas and a wonderful 2011.
    I'm fairly new to the weather forum, but i have to say, you make the weather fascinating. I thoroughly enjoy your forecasts every day, its such a pleasure to read. thank you so much for taking the time to post it and share so much of your knowledge.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

MT, thanks for the time and effort here, there are many people here that are very happy to see some real forecasting and the reasons for it, as ME have so dumbed down their forecasting via the media, it's hard to get anything more accurate than "it will be sunny with showers", or "there will be showers with heavier periods of rain", and the good old standby, "there is a possibility of (add your own favourite weather here...).

The problem with so many of these forecasts is that there's no percentage liability, or times, which means that it's almost impossible to get a feel for what's going to happen in an area, whereas your forecasts are more specific, and give details, and times, all of which help.

Yeah, the snow didn't quite work out for the East, but it's orbiting round Ireland as if the Low was anchored to the radio mast in Summerhill, which has to be very strange. My parents in the South West of the UK have just been issued a UKMO severe "take action" warning, from Bristol to Plymouth, and severe snow in that part of the world is even more rare than severe snow here in Ireland, and in terms of distance, that's only an hour's flight away.

Have a great Christmas and New Year, and try to forget about the occasionally manic enthusiasm that's seen in this forum, and have a bit of "real" life:D

Thanks again, it's been worth reading all the threads and comments recently

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Happy Christmas MT. Thanks for all your informative, helpful and accurate posts throughout 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Nollag shona duit agus mise, agus sa bhliain sona nua.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

Merry Christmas and a very happy New year to you MT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭oicherider

Happy Christmas MT and Best Wishes for the New Year!

The weather in Ireland is the compulsory small talk and "ice breaker" topic - Your updates have made us all here seem a little more intelligent than we are..

I suspect people are begining to distrust me now though wondering how my wheather predictions are so accurate.. Im waiting to be accused of being involved in the dark arts! :D..

Happy Christmas again and thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭bionic.laura

Happy Christmas to you and yours MTC.
    Your forecasts and knowledge are very much appreciated. I look forward to reading your great forecasts each morning. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Merry Christmas MT and thanks for all the great forecasts this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Happy Christmas MT. Thanks for all your forecasts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Happy Xmas, MT have a good one:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Happy Christmas to you and your family M.T. and hope you have a wonderful 2011! Thanks for your forecasts and for all of your hard work on this forum throughout the year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Happy Christmas M.T to you and your family and thanks for all the hard work you put into your forecasts over the past year. Greatly appreciated by all.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Thanks for all the effort you put into your posts - you truly are a huge resource and an absolute gem of a person. Merry Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

Happy Christmas MTC and I hope the festivities go well.

Same goes for all posters. Stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

Happy christmas to you and yours ..
    (just in relation to your forecast thread)

just go to 46 seconds:)

enjoy. J

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Happy Christmas MT,

Thanks for the great forecasting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,924 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Met Éireann will shortly be looking up your thread before going public with their opinions, such is your capability!!
    Nollag Shona duit agus Athbhliain faoi mhaise duit !

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

Nollaig Shona dhuit MT hope you have a great one

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Happy Christmas MT & thanks. It is unique to get someone with so much experience & knowledge built up over years & years of personal research to willingly share it so openly & for free. And another breath of fresh air is your willingness to accommodate those with far less knowledge and still manage a sense of humility and humour in the face of all the positive, negative, naive posts. I get the impression from recent posts over the last few weeks that it is quite a toll on your personal life so enjoy the festive season and we'll all survive without a few daily forecasts!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

Happy Christmas, hope the weather lives up to your expectations

If you haven't already fixed you computer problem, try a rescue disk from one of the antivirus vendors. This method attempts to clean your system by booting from a cd/dvd/usb so that any malware in your Windows disk cannot load. This makes detection and cleaning more reliable.

I've used the Kaspersky rescue disk (free download) and found it good - it can be used from CD/DVD or USB. Details here:

http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/rescuedisk?level=2

Ideally, make your rescue boot disk on another PC - to avoid possible boot sector infection (of the rescue disk).

More links to other rescue disks here in case that doesn't work:

http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootable-antivirus-rescue-cds-download-list/

Hope this helps - don't forget to backup first!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

happy christmas MT to you&yours
    also happy christmas to all our experts,yous know who yous are,thank you for all your hard work&info through the year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Merry Christmas MT and thanks for all the great forecasts this year!

Advertisement