Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wentvs.com - cheap 3D/LED/LCD/PLASMA TVs - too good to be true?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

they are side lit not back lit, there is a thread on them over on bargain alerts, they seem to be good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 EarlyBeagle

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE..It is a scam. Ordered a tv early December, recieved no tracking number and still no TV...It is a Fraud Website. Paid by bank transfer so have no comeback unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kapb77

hope you didnt break the bank?

paid 400e but thank god it was between me and my boyfriend.no christmas present for us this year though :( If it has taught me anything is that I wont get caught again.

• Advertisement

christ...thats a nightmare earlybeagle. sorry to hear that. thanks for the headsup..

did they encourage you to pay by bank transfer? theres credit card options on their website. i thought credit card companies pay out for non received items bought off the internet. if they were fraudulently taking peoples credit card orders they'd be caught fairly quickly i would've assumed. anyways none of that is any consellation to you now. thats a bummer. i think everyone gets stung for big money like that at some stage in their lives...lost 300 quid to scammer when living in london. i just put it to back of my mind and wrote it off as a weekend bender. felt better about it after that...plus i had no hangover!

Yeah tell me about it..but yeah two sessions and i would have it spent..not thinkin about it anymore as only wrecks your head. It was charging 80e for credit card payment option but in hindsight yes we so should have gone with that.definately learned a lesson. We are trying to get transfer recalled but doubt that will be successful. But when we were lookin up website there was no bad write-ups so we went for it..oh well could be worse.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 girlafraid

Hi, thank you guys for the info on this.
    I am in the market for a tv for the youngfella,
    and earlybeagle, i'm really sorry and shocked to hear you were scammed. :(
    I hope they can rest easy in their beds this christmas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jcln

Yeah tell me about it..but yeah two sessions and i would have it spent..not thinkin about it anymore as only wrecks your head. It was charging 80e for credit card payment option but in hindsight yes we so should have gone with that.definately learned a lesson. We are trying to get transfer recalled but doubt that will be successful. But when we were lookin up website there was no bad write-ups so we went for it..oh well could be worse.:)
    message from a small french who have done!
    I ordered on wentvs
    although the price is more expensive I wanted to pay by credit card
    but my payment was refused
    So I pay by bank transfer
    then every day a new message
    order confirmed
    packed command
    command ready to go
    then the website has disappeared
    mails no longer work
    the phone is off
    so I complained to the french police.
    but I lost 600 €

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rene120

i m sorry mates i.m from italy and i ve got a very nice news like all of you.350 euros have just gone.the only hope i ve got is that WENTVs will spent all in medicins to cure the diarrea.nice holidays to everyone

Well they will never get any luck for taking our money..Hope Karma bites them in the ass with shark teeth.I have learned, If it sounds to good to be true it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 whitelove

Ordered TV, paid by bank transfer. No TV, money gone. This is a VERY DANGEROUS people. Dont buy from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Anybody that charges 17.5% for a cc transaction should be shot.
    Average is 3% payable by the retailer to the CC company.
    The reason this company charges 17.5% is to get people to use the Bank transfer option whereby they can't get their money back when (if) it goes pear shaped.
    Amazing the website is still going, surely somebody has complained to the ISP/police at this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

JJJJNR wrote: »

What was that all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marksteven03

kapb77 wrote: »
    hi - just wondering if anyone has bought from wentvs.com? this television is €1100 in DID:
    http://www.did.ie/Product/SAMSUNG-40andquot-1080P-3D-READY-LCD-TV-LE40C750R2KXX/18012/447
    but its €600 here with what appears to be free delivery. where's the catch?
    http://www.wentvs.com/product_info.php?products_id=139

Make sure you are dealing with some reputed on-line electronics store for your purchase. Buying a LED or Plasma online needs to be throughly checked and you should be aware about the after sale services as well. I always trust HiSpek for online electronics purchase because they give good deals on prices as well as express delivery too.

Advertisement