Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the price of your Turkey?

Options
  • 20-12-2010 10:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭

free range 10Ibs €44- Galway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭bladespin

€19 From Aldi :D Preprepared and ready for the oven, chanced upon it last year and couldn't believe the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭jake is right

€5.49 in Lidl !!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Would you actually eat that!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭bladespin

Doom wrote: »
    Would you actually eat that!:eek:

Of course, the €5.49 piece is half a turkey breast in tray, it's as good as any you'll find in the butchers etc. (just smaller)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Ive heard people say the lidl turkey crowns are delicious.

Were getting our in supervalu for half price as we collected points earlier in the year so instead of 40 it will only cost 20. Its 14 bls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

A 6kg fresh Ovenready Turkey from Superquinn for E 53.99.....guess I'll be getting mugged at the till! Its bigger than I wanted but all they had left when I was ordering.

If the snow gets so bad that I can't get there to collect it, I have a back up frozen one in the freezer- also a 6kg from Dunnes at E 11.50. Wonder will the expensive fresh one taste any different???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Around a fiver from Lidl.

Just bought as a backup in case the weather is bad and can't make dinner at the parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

Twelve quid in Tesco. Serves 3-4. There's two of us so should last us a couple of days. After that, Turkey stew/curry! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

all mine where 3 euro a lb, only have one left to sell :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Doom wrote: »
    free range 10Ibs €44- Galway

Same. Tormey's?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RJC09

€13 in tesco. its a turkey fillet tho, as its only the 2 of us and our 3 year old.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Jenroche wrote: »
    Twelve quid in Tesco. Serves 3-4. There's two of us so should last us a couple of days. After that, Turkey stew/curry! :rolleyes:
    the fresh turkey? ya I got one of those today!! It looks lovely!!
    RJC09 wrote: »
    €13 in tesco. its a turkey fillet tho, as its only the 2 of us and our 3 year old.
    I was going to get one of these, but then I saw the whole fresh turkey. Although the joints did look delicious!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

We got a large crown of turkey for €18 in Tesco I believe.
    (I hate turkey)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

3kg organic turkey breast for the organic butcher 33euro.

Also got 2kg organic roast beef, a rack of lamb and organic ham.

Have a hugh crowd on the 27th and not everyone will eat turkey and ham, bloody fussy in-laws!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cooltown

A 9kg Turkey in Dunnes for 36 euro. Theres only 4 of us here for it!

Advertisement