Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Loan on Credit Check

Options
  • 20-12-2010 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭

Does a credit union loan show up on a credit check?

If not not would you still declare it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭purpur1

Unless the legislation has changed in the last year, credit union loans definitely do not show up in ICB reports. There's no need to declare it unless your payment per month on the credit union loan is massive. The bank will want to know where you're allocating that money each month. But if it's a reasonable sized payment and you feel you can afford the repayments on the new loan without declaring the credit union loan, then don't mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

All these are members of the ICB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

My credit union is on list of currently being processed.

I have a bank loan with BOI and a credit union loan with a CU. I am looking to top-up my bank loan with BOI. I never miss a payment on each loan and would be looking to keep my re-payments at the same level.

However I do repay my credit union loan by direct debit, would this make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

kitten_k wrote: »
    Does a credit union loan show up on a credit check?

If not not would you still declare it?
    #

From direct knowledge, yes CU's do ICB checks and share info (although Not sure if they all do)
    Re should you declare it anyway, probably, as you arew signing a form stating that you are giving full disclosure...
    best of luck one way or the other..

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Please read thecharter before posting on this forum. Asking for/giving advice on making false declarations on loan applications is not permitted

OP you must declare all existing loans on your application, particularly as you will be signing a declaration stating that all info provided in the application is true and accurate.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement