Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V Confirmed?

• 20-12-2010 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Bethesda making some noises about a possible continuation of the Oblivion storyline? Other than this being the best news ever am I jumping the gun and is this just more bluster on the web about the most demanded game ever?
    Game.ie wrote:
    If rumours are to your liking, and chances are, if you're human, they are, wrap your brain around this one:

Apparently Bethesda, that little know publisher responsible for the likes of Morrowind, New Vegas, Fallout 3 and, of particular relevance, Oblivion, are hard at work on a fifth instalment for the critically acclaimed Elder Scrolls Series.

Not since 2006 has last title in the series, the massively popular Oblivion, graced us with its presence.

According to a Eurogamer source,

"[Their] source not only confirmed that the game is in current production, but also spoke briefly about the content - with fantasy-sounding phrases like Dragon Lord, something with The Blades - and that voice acting for the characters in the game is currently happening in the weeks to follow.

"The same source confirmed, with official game documents in hand, that this will be the chronological sequel to what happened in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which is the latest game in the now 16-years-old Elder Scrolls saga and by itself one of the better RPGs for PC and consoles.

"The sequel to Oblivion is coming, we can hereby confirm without hesitation. It's been a while since 2006, hasn't it?"

Admittedly for all we know this 'source' could be little more than an ingenious squirrel who's taught itself to make prank phone calls as reputable Video Gaming representatives. Rumours should indeed be taken with a pinch of salt.

However, recently Bethesda has admitted that about 90 of its staff have been busily chipping away at some project or another, so squirrel or otherwise, the chances of this being the High Fantasy RPG sequel now seem better than ever.

Speaking on this mysterious project, Bethesda executive producer Todd Howard mentioned,

"One thing I can say is that from when you first hear about it to when it's out will be the shortest it's been for us. It's pretty far along. When we show it, we want to show a lot, because there's a lot of game there to play right now.”

Finally it has been confirmed that this potential Oblivion sequel will use the standard Fallout 3 engine, however with some substantial modifications.

But if you've played any of the above works you'll know full well it's not how dog rough the character models appear, but it is the engrossing experience that makes these games so compelling.

Besides, too few games offer the chance to play as a skinny tiger man with potato sack shorts called Zangeif.
    Too few.

Link

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Woops sorry, didnt see. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

It's no rumour, it's called Oblivion: Skyrim and the release date's already set for 11-11-11.... spooky :eek:

It's going to be epic! Check out the teaser trailer on youtube or Joystiq

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Oh no not another one. I was planning on spending some time on Oblivion so that I could actually finish it (if possible)

I'm playing 72 hours and have only scratched the surface of it.

Its like being on mile 5 of a marathon and someone tells you there's another 50 miles being added onto the end.

* GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

* and yay at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

bigbadcon wrote: »
    Oh no not another one. I was planning on spending some time on Oblivion so that I could actually finish it (if possible)

I'm playing 72 hours and have only scratched the surface of it.

Its like being on mile 5 of a marathon and someone tells you there's another 50 miles being added onto the end.

* GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

* and yay at the same time

You got a little under 11 months... should be just enough time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I've played through Oblivion 3 times.
    Over 100 hours each time.
    Morrowind was the same with me, over 200 hours on that.
    Skyrim is going to be beyond epic.
    Unfortunately, I'm dreading it and ME3 coming out too close together!

That's a headache, albeit an awesome one!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Lol i was wondering about the question mark in the thread title, as id seen the trailer on YouTube, just thinking wasnt this 100% confirmed already?

Also best news ever, its based on a new engine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Johnstan

Yeah I seen the trailer already a while back, hope it's good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 DarrenDay

Fallout with swords I reckon.

• Advertisement

Not really, Fallout is more Oblivion with guns (since Oblivion came first)

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    Not really, Fallout is more Oblivion with guns (since Oblivion came first)

Thanks for clearing that up. Can you tell me what colour the sky is while you are at it?

DarrenDay wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up. Can you tell me what colour the sky is while you are at it?
    You were the one making the incorrect analogy...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Annoyed because your comment showed no signs of intellect regarding a bethseda game and then were corrected by a helpful member of the community?

No?

Suuuure.

On topic,

ZOOOOOMG CANT EFFIN WAIT. Mages guild here I come.

Annoyed because your comment showed no signs of intellect regarding a bethseda game and then were corrected by a helpful member of the community?

No?

Suuuure.

On topic,

ZOOOOOMG CANT EFFIN WAIT. Mages guild here I come.

lol at the typical Oblivion fan. Plenty of asperger's cases here.

lol at the typical Oblivion fan. Plenty of asperger's cases here.
    lol @ flamebait'n

Obvious troll is obvious

lol @ flamebait'n

Obvious troll is obvious

Ever hear of irony you joyless lump?

Ever hear of irony you joyless lump?
    Have you? :p

Have you? :p

You are easily the thickest guy I have argued with on boards. I'm sure a few people here will appreciate my little piece of ironic humour. You are just taking my statement at face value like the little autistic sociopath that you are. Enjoy your 120 hours of Oblivion 5 in a room on your own you sad ****.

God trolling trolls is fun.

But aside from that i didnt actually like Oblivion all that much, and i cant imagine ill be getting this.

And its not Oblivion 5, its Elder Scrolls 5, Oblivion was Elder Scrolls 4

• Advertisement

You are trolling me now? You are deluded.

Whos the one getting insulting and getting angry?

trollface.png

You are talking to somebody who has about 10 boards accounts a year. Its no big thing to call you out for the pathetic cúnt you are.

Says it all really doesnt it?

A civilized person wouldnt get banned/suspended that often...

Says it all really doesnt it?

A civilized person wouldnt get banned/suspended that often...
    I'm not civilized. Have you made sense of my first post yet?

I'm not civilized. Have you made sense of my first post yet?
    No because it is nonsensical, completly incorrect analogy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Seriously cannot wait for this to be released i still have oblivion at the back of th shelf that and halo 3 the only 2 games ive never traded in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It seems DarrenDay has already been banned for other misdemeanours. Keep it on topic guys!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It seems DarrenDay has already been banned for other misdemeanours. Keep it on topic guys!
    Haha sorry i couldnt help myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Just started playing Oblivion at the moment, pretty remarkable game for it's age. V is gonna be epic.

Advertisement