Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rob Zombie - Ireland

• 20-12-2010 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

Rob Zombie coming in June 11 - Dublin & Belfast

Tickets on sale wed from ticketmaster

He puts on a brilliant show...saw him back in 99

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Nice One, havent seen him since White Zombie kicked Soundgarden's off the stage at Sunstroke 95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Not up on Ticketmaster yet...... Already booked flight/tickets for Glasgow show, would never have done so had I known he was coming here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Here's the MCD press release for it...

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=6921852&ar=robzombie&cat=all

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Sweet, won't have to go to London now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

while this is awesome and now i get to go t oengland to see him and now in dublin,why the olympia has to be one of the worst venues

while this is awesome and now i get to go t oengland to see him and now in dublin,why the olympia has to be one of the worst venues

+1. Yeah have to agree with you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jem_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Really looking forward to this. Always wanted to see Rob Zombie live. I'd say tickets will sell like hot cakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Cannot fcukin wait for this, seen him first wit White Zombie back in '95 and seen him a few times since, but not for a good number of years.

My only gripe with this gig is fcukin ticketbastaard again, i'm ok as have a good job and spare cash, but what about the average fan who's short of funds, or a student.

They could so easily have announced this gig and said tickets would be on sale the 2nd week in January, not 2 days before fcukin Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Dublin, Olympia - €39.20 + Booking Fee. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

scudzilla wrote: »
    Cannot fcukin wait for this, seen him first wit White Zombie back in '95 and seen him a few times since, but not for a good number of years.

My only gripe with this gig is fcukin ticketbastaard again, i'm ok as have a good job and spare cash, but what about the average fan who's short of funds, or a student.

They could so easily have announced this gig and said tickets would be on sale the 2nd week in January, not 2 days before fcukin Christmas

I agree completely. Unemployed at the moment myself, and funds are tight, to say the least. I had to make quite a few phonecalls to try and rumage together some cash for this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

This is gonna be awesome, hes been on my to see list for some time.

I'm feeling a bit of a meet up wit boardsies on the afternoon of this gig, get leathered then head off to the gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

can't believe its in the olympia....what a bag of ****e venue with nazi bouncers and bad sound....:(

and 39 quid is taking the piss

I'm ready for this, hard to predict if it'll sell out straight away or not, what wit Christmas bein 3 days away

Just got 2 standing :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

got mine also ,im glad im going to see him in england before hand incase the olympia turns out poxy as usual.

the show looks amazing.been on my list of people to see for a few years .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Excellent, been dying to see this **** for years.

40 bills is a wee bit steep all right. I paid 30 and saw Waking the Cadaver (meh)/Macabre(wow)/Immolation(PANTS WETTENING!) and Napalm Death! (Ok I lie I left before ND).

But still 30 for all those bands!

Is it just him or is there any word on support? Would be WELL p*ssed off if I paid 40 for just him.

• Advertisement

I don't understand all the hatred for The Olympia, i fcukin love the venue.

Not only that, in the UK he's playing Venues with a 5,000+ capacity, here it's 1,000. Makes it a bit more special to me. Also he's co-headlining Download, and to have a download co headliner playing our little Olympia is fcukin awesome.

As for the bitchin about 40Euro to stand, you just can't please some people. If he hadn't bothered comin over then people would have moaned, now he is yer all just moaning about the price.

If your a big fan and wanted to see him, how much to fly over to UK, hotels etc??

Not only that, in the UK he's playing Venues with a 5,000+ capacity, here it's 1,000. Makes it a bit more special to me. Also he's co-headlining Download, and to have a download co headliner playing our little Olympia is fcukin awesome.

As for the bitchin about 40Euro to stand, you just can't please some people. If he hadn't bothered comin over then people would have moaned, now he is yer all just moaning about the price.

If your a big fan and wanted to see him, how much to fly over to UK, hotels etc??

But is it not taking advantage of the fans knowing that of course they'll be good zombies (heh) and pay that? I'm sure it's nothing to do with the band and it's the venue/promoter/etc. But it is steep. I mean I saw Amputated with Warpath and another support for a tenner. A freakin' tenner!

Prostitute Disfigurement was a tenner too (and that was three bands on the bill as well).

chin_grin wrote: »
    But is it not taking advantage of the fans knowing that of course they'll be good zombies (heh) and pay that? I'm sure it's nothing to do with the band and it's the venue/promoter/etc. But it is steep. I mean I saw Amputated with Warpath and another support for a tenner. A freakin' tenner!

Prostitute Disfigurement was a tenner too (and that was three bands on the bill as well).

Yeah, but be fair, those bands ya mentioned aint in the same fcukin league as Zombie

Yeah, but be fair, those bands ya mentioned aint in the same fcukin league as Zombie

Well they haven't made their "middle aged" album if that's what you mean. OOOOooooooooooooh! :D

YOU know what I'm referring to. Terrible terrible yoke.

Well said, I believe its a reasonable price (he's around & establised a long time) & delighted its on in The Olympia - i.e. small, intimate venue. Flight to Glasgow - 80 euro, ticket over 40, hotel 40 sterling, days holidays booked. Would have traded that in an instant to see him in Olympia instead. Cant see what the fuss is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Johnny Derpp

Forty quid for the Olympia...****in hell.....that's a rip off.

Don't think I'll bother now.

Forty quid for the Olympia...****in hell.....that's a rip off.

Don't think I'll bother now.

Think that'll be your loss

For his Feb UK tour tickets are £33.50 which comes out at 39.50Euro, normally we pay a bit more here but this is right on the button.

For someone like Zombie, who has hardly toured in recent years, i think 40 is a very fair price, and i'd rather pay 40 for the Olympia than 40 for the O2

My ONLY gripe about the gig is that tickets went on sale 3 days before Christmas with hardly any notice

My ONLY gripe about the gig is that tickets went on sale 3 days before Christmas with hardly any notice

Fair point that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

****ing rip off. Is this an MCD gig?

• Advertisement

Question... for the peeps that believe this is a rip off.

What do you believe the price for a ticket should be?

Advertisement