Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rob Zombie - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

Zombie is performing near me on Feb 8th, Murderdoll's nearest gig to me is the 18th of the same month...so he could do both tours, depending

I must ask the label rep about that

possibly yes hel be a tired man after this year .not a slipknot or muderdolls fan,but fair play to joey doing two shows a night .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

scudzilla wrote: »
    EDIT : Slipknot are playin euro festivals at the same time as the Zombie tour so it won't be happening

I don't think so, according to a rep from RR, her response was
    Joey plays guitar for the ‘Dolls. After the Dolls UK tour, he gets a day off and then starts the UK Zombie tour, drumming for Rob.

So I think he will be pulling double duty with Rob and Slipknot this Summer, a post on Rob's site says...
    Set to take place June 24-26 in Dessel, Belgium, Zombie joins labelmates Slipknot, of whom he shares bandmate drummer Joey Jordison, on the Sunday date.

So both Zombie and Slipknot, same day in Belgium, looks like he'll be pulling two shows

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Joey is playing with Zombie on 6 of the uk dates, anyone know what the story is for Ireland?

Standing tickets sold out, looks like I be needing some company, I love how my sister made giving me only one ticket sound like a good thing as 'it can be easily sold on that way' :P

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Joey is playing with Zombie on 6 of the uk dates, anyone know what the story is for Ireland?

I'd imagine exactly the same, I wouldn't think Zombie would recruit another drummer just for the Dublin show - unless it was a drum technician or something

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

or a drum machine :/ :P

if it's Joey, this makes me very happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Only found out about it by chance on Friday via Facebook advertising (you see, pop up's can be useful :p). Sadly all the standing tickets were well gone so I decided to get a seated ticket. I'll aim for a swap on toutless though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Necromancer91

Saw this on Rob's site. Joey's on the far left, so I'd say that confirms him for the Irish gigs.:D
    robzombietoursmall.jpg?w=450&h=314

Wonder if he'll do any of this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlUKQgopF8c

It says here that Rob's wife Sheri is doing meet and greets on the U.K. tour:http://spookshowinternational.blogspot.com/2011/02/uk-total-skull-meet-greet-with-sheri.html. Would she do the same here?:confused:

It says here that Rob's wife Sheri is doing meet and greets on the U.K. tour:http://spookshowinternational.blogspot.com/2011/02/uk-total-skull-meet-greet-with-sheri.html. Would she do the same here?:confused:

Why would you want to meet her?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Why would you want to meet her?

Cos she's a ride

Cos she's a ride

A married ride (and no, that marriage can't be broken....not yet anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Being a massive fan of Rob's movies, getting to meet Baby Firefly would be absolutely class.

D.Q wrote: »
    Being a massive fan of Rob's movies, getting to meet Baby Firefly would be absolutely class.

Same here, i've not done it in years but after the gig i'll be waiting by the backstage entrance for an hour to meet the great man.

Huge fan of his, will have a couple of his blu-rays for him to sign

Enjoy, my fav ever Zombie track

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

I'm just a casual fan, so I've always heard this rumour that he hates coming over to this side of the water because, in his opinion, television stations are crap. I know Rob Zombie will probably only be in the country for a very short time and move on, but let's have a bit of fun here.

Somehow all the airports are closed down the day Rob Zombie has to leave the country. The group have to sit inside one of the airports watching Irish tv. What Irish program do you think Rob Zombie himself would watch in the terminal and why? Remember Mr. Zombie has a short patience for crap tv so think quickly, otherwise he'll go Devils Rejects on the airport staff...:pac: :p

Would he do much White Zombie material at all or does he tend to just ignore that in his live show?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm just a casual fan, so I've always heard this rumour that he hates coming over to this side of the water because, in his opinion, television stations are crap. I know Rob Zombie will probably only be in the country for a very short time and move on, but let's have a bit of fun here.

Somehow all the airports are closed down the day Rob Zombie has to leave the country. The group have to sit inside one of the airports watching Irish tv. What Irish program do you think Rob Zombie himself would watch in the terminal and why? Remember Mr. Zombie has a short patience for crap tv so think quickly, otherwise he'll go Devils Rejects on the airport staff...:pac: :p
    Definitely nationwide on rte 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭inkivaari2

I think I speak for most people when I say YEOW!! Cant wait for this gig!! :D

Also, I reckon he's a "Terry Wogan's Ireland" kind of dude! :D Or make him watch Garage :P

inkivaari2 wrote: »
    Also, I reckon he's a "Terry Wogan's Ireland" kind of dude! :D Or make him watch Garage :P

What an insulting show. Did anyone see the part where the man claims a guy drank 24 pints in a session because the Yeast in the Guinness contained nourishment...what bollock

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What an insulting show. Did anyone see the part where the man claims a guy drank 24 pints in a session because the Yeast in the Guinness contained nourishment...what bollock
    if Rob Zombie likes it then it's ok

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Saw him last week in Manchester (loads of footage already up on youtube), for those going to see him in Dublin in June...you will NOT be disappointed!

Definitely one of my top 5 gigs, played some White Zombie stuff too(Thunderkiss '65, More Human Than Human), and as promised he bought as much props/visuals/pyro as humanly/inhumanly possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Have a few mates going to see them in Leeds tonight. Going to report back to see what we can expect in June.

Saw him last week in Manchester (loads of footage already up on youtube), for those going to see him in Dublin in June...you will NOT be disappointed!

Definitely one of my top 5 gigs, played some White Zombie stuff too(Thunderkiss '65, More Human Than Human), and as promised he bought as much props/visuals/pyro as humanly/inhumanly possible.

Had a lot of friends from my hometown in North Wales that went to that one, said it was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

http://www.waterfront.co.uk/whatson/performancedetails.aspx?id=40875

Wayne Static supporting in Belfast, i'd presume that'd be the same for Dublin..

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

Would he do much White Zombie material at all or does he tend to just ignore that in his live show?

he does about 3 songs. just back from birmingham today ,i was at the show last night.it was bloody amazing. for anyone who hasnt seen him before youll not be let down.

he couldnt fit all the stuff through the doors for the show so we missd out on some of that,but they threw in some songs that they arent playing anywhere else as compensation .f**cking amazing roll on dublin gig now.

a for the support ,not as bad as i thought .i enjoyed skindred most of the two they had the crowd goin nuts .

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anthonymax

Was at the show in Leeds Monday night, amazing performance.

Played all my favourites and more besides. A good mix of his own stuff and some old White Zombie classics. Looking forward to the show in Dublin in June.

Has anybody received there tickets for this yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭inkivaari2

Has anybody received there tickets for this yet??

No, not yet...waiting ever so patiently...not.

I wish they'd hurry up and arrive damnit!!! I'm dying to experience a Zombie gig!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

is this sold out?

Zombienosh wrote: »
    is this sold out?

Yeah, you after a ticket??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

yeah might have been

Advertisement