Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rob Zombie - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

scudzilla wrote: »
    Anybody fancy meeting up for a few scoops before the gig?
    We'll probably be crashed in the beer garden in Old Fibbers, anyone wanna come and play?

I was gona say ye maybe but..............cancelled WTF! arrrrrrr
    Anybody know what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

--LOS-- wrote: »
    I was gona say ye maybe but..............cancelled WTF! arrrrrrr
    Anybody know what the story is?
    officially....."personal reasons"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

chin_grin wrote: »

I am disappoint. People saying there that poor sales are to blame, tickets sold so quick for it though :-o My oh was searching for months for a ticket so he could go with me. Damn you Rob Zombie! Wonder will it be rescheduled now or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Even though I saw him earlier this year in Manchester, I'm gutted that he cancelled-was coming over to Dublin specially for the gig :mad:

Oh well, I'll drown my sorrows in Fibbers Rock Bar that night with Zombie on the jukebox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

this sucks ,but glad i went to birmingham to see him now ..
    really hope its resheduled again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Raging and disgusted.
    Honestly cannot see him coming back to honour 3 cancelled gigs if it took him that long to come to Europe in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

So glad that I saw him at Soundwave earlier this year and that I'm going to Hellfest... really feel for those missing out here though. Doubt he will reschedule.

There was mention of this over on metalireland...
    Aparently he's cancelled as he won't size down his stage show for the smaller gigs. This is why the festivals are still going ahead.

If there's any truth to that what a load of bull, he would have known all this beforehand, I've had my ticket since Christmas :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

There was mention of this over on metalireland...

If there's any truth to that what a load of bull, he would have known all this beforehand, I've had my ticket since Christmas :mad:

Doubt that, he played a small show in Leeds and said onstage that as he couldn't get his full production in they would play a longer set.

I think that the reason is he's doing pre production for his new Lords of Salem movie, and by cancelling the last 4 dates of Euro tour gives him 3 weeks on the movie before he starts the U.S tour.

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Doubt that, he played a small show in Leeds and said onstage that as he couldn't get his full production in they would play a longer set.

I think that the reason is he's doing pre production for his new Lords of Salem movie, and by cancelling the last 4 dates of Euro tour gives him 3 weeks on the movie before he starts the U.S tour.

ah k, still that's not on. I wish he had just played one big venue in Ireland and forgot about playing Belfast and Dublin. What other 2 dates were cancelled?

ah k, still that's not on. I wish he had just played one big venue in Ireland and forgot about playing Belfast and Dublin. What other 2 dates were cancelled?

Edinburgh the day before Belfast and Sonisphere Finland 2 days after Dublin, the cancellation of the Finnish show blows the theory of the venue being too small out of the water

copied this off the rob zombie website from the tweets section .

Yes, I know it sucks. I hate canceling shows. It is never something we take lightly. Sorry some of you don't seem to understand.
    2 days ago · reply · retweet · favorite

RWZombie Sorry to all that we had to cancel the shows in Ireland. We will come back and make it up to everyone. Sometimes **** happens. Again sorry.
    2 days ago · reply · retweet · favorite

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

If I had a pound for every time a metal band cancelled a show here.

What is it? Do some metal band just have no respect/general distaste for this country?

If I had a pound for every time a metal band cancelled a show here.

What is it? Do some metal band just have no respect/general distaste for this country?
    we're an island and the olympia is small and rob zombie's show is big. I'm sure it must come down to maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

we're an island and the olympia is small and rob zombie's show is big. I'm sure it must come down to maths.

if it came down to maths the show would be going ahead, you don't cancel sold out shows because of maths, logistically everything I'm sure would have already been agreed by now, he's obviously got something he believes to be more important to do, but I'd agree with others - can't see him coming back to fulfill these dates..........was really looking forward to seeing the show too

we do get a lot of cancellations here, especially in the last few weeks leading up to shows.....:(

NIBBS wrote: »
    if it came down to maths the show would be going ahead, you don't cancel sold out shows because of maths, logistically everything I'm sure would have already been agreed by now, he's obviously got something he believes to be more important to do, but I'd agree with others - can't see him coming back to fulfill these dates..........was really looking forward to seeing the show too

we do get a lot of cancellations here, especially in the last few weeks leading up to shows.....:(
    Logistics?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Logistics?

well they would have know the stage dimensions etc and known that to bring accordingly, it's not like the tour dates were just announced and then cancelled.....anyway I'm sure we'll never know the reason he's cancelled the dates.......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Jesus Christ! First Volbeat cancel, now Zombie. What the hell?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

He cancelled Roskilde too, here's what they said:
    We regretfully bring bad news for all fans of Rob Zombie. He has just informed us that he unfortunately has to opt out of his gig at Roskilde Festival. The reason is family circumstances, and we have no more details to tell you on this matter. Rob Zombie and band regret the decision, which is something they do not take lightly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anthonymax

Has anyone been following his Facebook page? Earlier today he "named and shamed" in his posts some of the most critical comments he received over the cancellations, and a lot of these were Irish fans. It got pretty nasty! Just had a look there a few minutes ago and the whole thread was deleted. He'd been getting a good bit of stick from angry fans for daring to name people who in all fairness were only looking for a bit of an explanation. Must have thought better of it!

anthonymax wrote: »
    Has anyone been following his Facebook page? Earlier today he "named and shamed" in his posts some of the most critical comments he received over the cancellations, and a lot of these were Irish fans. It got pretty nasty! Just had a look there a few minutes ago and the whole thread was deleted. He'd been getting a good bit of stick from angry fans for daring to name people who in all fairness were only looking for a bit of an explanation. Must have thought better of it!

Still it's kind of embarressing for us...i bet the people complaining are the same who shout "whiskey" at Metallica gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anthonymax

Agreed. There were some right idiots commenting alright. It's a shame he cancelled and I'm just as devastated as anyone else, but some of the comments were full out nasty. I'm just glad now I went to Leeds to see him and didn't just wait for Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Maybe he needed time to finish his detergent ad!

Seriously...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Anyone got a link to these posts? Cannot find them here myself =/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Anyone got a link to these posts? Cannot find them here myself =/

They were deleted ;)

what a joke ,do these people not want him to come back .he is a person too and has family just like anyone else .if its a family matter maybe some one has passed away or is very ill ,i wouldnt be going to work in another part of the world if that was the case .

So i sent an email off to his manager, having a bit of a moan, got this through the post today :D:D

A cool Zombie T-shirt
    3 disc set of his movies
    Hellbilly Brew Rob Zombie coffee :D:D

zombie1.jpg

:eek:

/starts writing >_>

rob zombie coffee lol!

• Advertisement

:eek:

/starts writing >_>

rob zombie coffee lol!

Yeah, Zombie Coffee!!!!

Now coms the dilemma, do i actually open it???

Advertisement