Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldest Temperature recorded at daytime in Ireland

Options
  • 20-12-2010 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Lads, just wondering what was/is the coldest recorded daytime temperature in Ireland. It is currently showing -7 in Tipperary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Not sure about the Republic, but up north -9.0 somewhere in Derry in 1995..

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/extremes/

Other areas of UK given here.

If the fog persists in some parts, hard to see it rising above -9 or -10...given the length of day right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Thanks for that reply force eleven, but i meant for daytime say around midday. Any sites I check say "daily" which means the were recorded at maybe 3 or 4 am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

kakee wrote: »
    Thanks for that reply force eleven, but i meant for daytime say around midday. Any sites I check say "daily" which means the were recorded at maybe 3 or 4 am.

That -9 is the maximum lowest temp recording so probably was recorded around 1 or 2 pm. Minimum could have been -13 or more. Minimum records are obviously much lower and recorded around dawn usually in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

I had minus 8 on my car temperature gauge yesterday at midday and I see from the met office temperature gauge it hit minus 17.7 degrees last night! :eek: So it may be colder today in the shade.

Mallards

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Somebody suggested that a coldest max record was broken in Castlederg, but if it happened it must have been Saturday as it was quite balmy at -6 yesterday.

there are several NRA sites below -6C currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

The lowest max temperture I think it was.
    Somebody said that Castlederg broke it. the max temp was -11 during the day, sure it was -13 at some parts of the day yday there.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Below minus 17 in Foxford last night. New record according to RTE news.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Minus 18 in Tyrone last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

The highest in Ballyhaise today was -6C, does anyone know the lowest max then?

Advertisement