Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixing Meats

Options
  • 20-12-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭

I'm on chef duty for St Stephens day and since (a) I'm sure everyone will be sick of Turkey & Ham (b) I refuse to get up at 8 am to stick a roast in the oven and babysit it till dinnertime, I'm thinking Burgers, good decent size m/f's.

I was watching Diner's Drives etc on Food Network and adopted a recipie and tested it out at the weekend to make sure it was edible. The gist of the ingredients were

50% Minced Beef
    50% Minced Lamb
    Basil
    Oregano
    Garlic Powder
    Worchester Sauce
    Onion
    Aromat Seasoning
    Egg to bind
    (Chilli flakes option for a wee kick)

Turned out extremely tasty. I just wondering if anyone have other suggestions for mixtures I'm thinking what if i substitute Sausage Meat instead of Lamb or hide minced turkey in with the whole lot. What about all four or is that OTT :rolleyes:

Advertisement