Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BJJ boy (9) stops DOG attack with RNC!.

• 20-12-2010 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

LINKY

A 9-year-old Bakersfield boy is being called a hero after he saved a girl and her dog from a larger dog that attacked them.

Drew Heredia said he and a friend were walking a dachshund mix Dec. 30 when the larger dog attacked them. The boy's friend, an unidentified 12-year-old girl, reportedly tried to save her dog, prompting the larger dog to bite her.

Heredia said he jumped on the larger dog and applied a choke hold that he learned while taking classes at a Brazilian jiujitsu studio in southwest Bakersfield.

"It was kind of a heart-pounding moment," Heredia said. "It was very scary."

He said he held the larger dog for 20 minutes until an animal control officer arrived.

"At first, I wanted to kick it, but then I thought it's not a good idea, because it could get my leg," Heredia said.

The girl was taken to Mercy Southwest Hospital where she was treated for puncture wounds.

The girl's dog was not injured. It ran away during the attack but returned home a few days later.

The attacking dog wasn't claimed by its original owner and was quarantined at Kern County Animal Control, where it was headed for euthanasia. Animal control officers, however, deemed the dog safe, and an unidentified family adopted it Jan. 12.

The Heredia family told Eyewitness News following the attack that the larger dog was a pit bull, and Eyewitness News didn't verify the accuracy of that assertion before reporting that the dog was a pit bull. Animal control officers later identified the dog as a mutt comprised of pit bull, shar-pei and rottweiler.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

I put a thread on here months ago about RNC a dog and you all said kick it or punch it... I knew a RNC would work...

I off to get Paul Nortons dog now and try it, thats where we came up with the idea

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

Advertisement