Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indigo Children

Options
  • 20-12-2010 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Just wondering what peoples thoughts on "Indigo Children" were. I have only come across this recently and have done a fair bit of research into it and to be honest something dosent sit right with me about the whole thing.

Firstly, I am a believer of angels, spirits ect. I firmly believe that angels can help you. So I am not a total sceptic but on researching this particular phenomenon it reeks of cultish (is that a word) behaviour.

I have read a lot of Doreen Virtues books etc and think she is very good at what she does but that dosent mean I agree with everything she says and after watching an interview with her last night on Indigo children I have to say she almost frightened me. Talking about "feeding these children" and how to speak to them she almost made it sound like they werent human.

I do believe that children have abilities that maybe people lose as adults mostly due to innocence but I think grouping people as "special indigo children" is very irresponsible. What if they are wrong, what if these children are not here to save the world thats a lot of pressure to put on a child.

Also there is a girl on utube called Jessica Schab who is in my eyes a very very disturbed girl or else an excellent actress. She speaks of aliens, UFOs, implants in peoples brain. She speaks like she is brainwashed or seriously mentally disturbed but whats even more disturbing is that she seems to have a lot of people following her. She says that she was sent here to be a leader and is "very excited to be here in human form"...like thats not right. Even if this special group of people are here to save the world, I doubt very much their intention is to frighten people, which is certainly what she did to me!!

If anyone who was born from the 1980s on (including me Im 26) looks at the checklist to see if they are an indigo child then you more than likely are one....the checklist needs to be questioned as it describes every person I know apart from the spiritual stuff.

Im suppose Im worried because especially in times like these people turn to things like this for help, in my opinion every child/person who is spiritually minded all want to help the world in some way so does that make us all indigo children, should we all be on a special diet, worse still should we be "allowed" show our anger and it be deemed okay because we are indigo....

As I said the whole thing scares me slightly for the children involved and just wondering has anyone else got any comments!?!?

Thanks x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I think it's a heap of bullshít and as you said very iresponsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i second 'heap of bull****'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

I know someone personally who is into it.She lives in L.A and runs her own workshops and has 5,000 friends on facebook following her every move.She is Irish but has been living in LA for the last 15 years.They're very open to any kind of spiritual stuff over there.

I personally don't believe it.She does all that stuff with the kids as well.I don't know what to make of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mollypink

regarding your friend in LA....I am very open to spiritual stuff too but and I dont mind people educating their children about stuff like that but I do not agree with children being lumped in a group like "indigo"...each and every child is as special as the other and one should not be treated any more special because their parents think they are something thats completely made up!! (I was sitting on the fence earlier now Im adament that this is wrong)

When I have children they will be raised with angels in their life just like I was but nothing that will take over their life....

I just feel so afraid for these children that this might snowball into something sinister :(

mollypink wrote: »
    regarding your friend in LA....I am very open to spiritual stuff too but and I dont mind people educating their children about stuff like that but I do not agree with children being lumped in a group like "indigo"...each and every child is as special as the other and one should not be treated any more special because their parents think they are something thats completely made up!! (I was sitting on the fence earlier now Im adament that this is wrong)

When I have children they will be raised with angels in their life just like I was but nothing that will take over their life....

I just feel so afraid for these children that this might snowball into something sinister :(

Yeah I don't really know much about it.All I know is her husband gave up his job to do this full time as well ,he's apparently a "light worker" ,whatever that is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mollypink

As far as I know a lightworker (now I could be wrong on this) is someone who is here to spread the word etc....according to Doreen Virtue..indigo children are usually off spring of lightworkers which really blows the concept that they are "sent" here on a mission out of the water...that would just say to me that some of their parents characteristics have been passed down to them...just like my granny used to eat the same weird things that I do :)

mollypink wrote: »
    As far as I know a lightworker (now I could be wrong on this) is someone who is here to spread the word etc....according to Doreen Virtue..indigo children are usually off spring of lightworkers which really blows the concept that they are "sent" here on a mission out of the water...that would just say to me that some of their parents characteristics have been passed down to them...just like my granny used to eat the same weird things that I do :)

That would make sense from looking at her facebook page ,It seems to be huge over there and she has a massive following and workshops all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

I don't have any data on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I know several people who have been to the usa and trade on the notion that they are really irish, from the mythical magical land of Eire and make all manner if claims about being traditional irish witches to cletic shamans and druids to being the hands and voices of the angles.

Maybe there are just more gullible people out there, there is a bigger population so the % which will believe anything which tells them they are and thier kids are special is bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah as mentioned, bullsh*t and irresponsible.

If I'm not mistaken, Jenny McCarthy used to (still does?) believe that her son is an Indigo Child. Turns out he's autistic instead. Or he was, until Jenny had him go through some bogus therapies, and now he's magically cured.

If only the scientific community was aware of this...

• Advertisement

Dave! wrote: »
    Yeah as mentioned, bullsh*t and irresponsible.

If I'm not mistaken, Jenny McCarthy used to (still does?) believe that her son is an Indigo Child. Turns out he's autistic instead. Or he was, until Jenny had him go through some bogus therapies, and now he's magically cured.

If only the scientific community was aware of this...

It must be the new scientology ,some one ,some where at the top making a mint

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

speaking of Dr . DOREEN VIRTUE P H D , i once attended a seminar of hers purely for research purposes , she does indeed have a huge following , hundreds of people from all walks of life attended including from what i observed a priest and a buddhist monk , all started off fine , but half way thru she insisted the audience chant very loudly "i DO believe in fairies , Ido Ido Ido ... at which point a couple of hundred people got up and left , vocalising their annoyance at having paid top whack for a ticket to listen to stories about fairies ...lol I stayed , and listened to her current 3rd or 4th husband rabble on about shamanic wolves and etc , lucky the ticket was given to me , I wouldve been pissed at paying 60 odd quid to listen to it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

speaking of Dr . DOREEN VIRTUE P H D , i once attended a seminar of hers purely for research purposes , she does indeed have a huge following , hundreds of people from all walks of life attended including from what i observed a priest and a buddhist monk , all started off fine , but half way thru she insisted the audience chant very loudly "i DO believe in fairies , Ido Ido Ido ... at which point a couple of hundred people got up and left , vocalising their annoyance at having paid top whack for a ticket to listen to stories about fairies ...lol I stayed , and listened to her current 3rd or 4th husband rabble on about shamanic wolves and etc , lucky the ticket was given to me , I wouldve been pissed at paying 60 odd quid to listen to it .

Yeah, it was lucky you were given the ticket... ;)

As for all this 'Indigo Children' lark. I was born in '87 but I don't tie in with all these supposed attributes of Indigo kids. I never had any trouble with concentrating at school and waiting in line was fine. It's bull****. They say these kids/young adults have auras with the indigo colour. When I saw Rory Bates before, he told me I had lots of different, bright colours in my aura - I never asked him, he just mentioned it of his own accord. So you'd wonder...

Doreen Virtue is talking through her hole, until proven otherwise. Herself and her animal shaman husband (or whatever it is he is), until proven otherwise. Silly woman!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Everyone wants their child to be uber special and talented. This is just one way in which people can feel that the ordinary is somehow extraordinary.

I dont think there is anything unusual happening with our kids these days. I think that certain people have listened to the white noise of all our normal character traits and found a signal that isnt there. It's a meaningless label, nothing more. Humanity is not on the brink of a sea change. Quite the opposite, our reliance on technology and nuclear family setup is making us more insular than ever before. Perhaps this need for the myth of indigo children is a reaction to that, a need for more meaning to life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Oryx wrote: »
    Everyone wants their child to be uber special and talented. This is just one way in which people can feel that the ordinary is somehow extraordinary.

I dont think there is anything unusual happening with our kids these days. I think that certain people have listened to the white noise of all our normal character traits and found a signal that isnt there. It's a meaningless label, nothing more. Humanity is not on the brink of a sea change. Quite the opposite, our reliance on technology and nuclear family setup is making us more insular than ever before. Perhaps this need for the myth of indigo children is a reaction to that, a need for more meaning to life.
    Yeah I also think that in some cases it's a parental reaction to an undesirable diagnosis, as with Jenny McCarthy as I mentioned before. Her child was presumably showing signs of ASD, and rather than accept that it might be a disorder she instead decided he was just 'special'. It's rather disturbing, but understandable I suppose. Then rather than accept that it's a disorder with no know cure (for now), and that she is fairly powerless, she bought into some dubious treatments and took the power back, but I suppose that's a matter for another thread.

It's just human psychology in action.

Dave! wrote: »
    Yeah I also think that in some cases it's a parental reaction to an undesirable diagnosis, as with Jenny McCarthy as I mentioned before. Her child was presumably showing signs of ASD, and rather than accept that it might be a disorder she instead decided he was just 'special'. It's rather disturbing, but understandable I suppose. Then rather than accept that it's a disorder with no know cure (for now), and that she is fairly powerless, she bought into some dubious treatments and took the power back, but I suppose that's a matter for another thread.

It's just human psychology in action.

It's a bit like the person I know in the states ,her kids are allergic to everything
    but it's not really that they're allergic it's because they're indigo:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

The whole Indigo Children thing certainly reeks of cult behaviour as you have suggested molly.

And on Jessica Schab, yea, she's as nutty as a fruitcake. You can tell it just by looking at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

My Mam believes that Children with ADHD may be indigo children.SHe thinks my son is and says my daughter is a crystle child?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

Ah jesus. I'm really sorry that you have to put up that crap.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ghost Girl

I was told my daughter was a crystal child but I don't believe every thing you read about this indigo or crystal children stuff......my daughter does have some thing...which i;m monitoring carefully, but sense and sensability goes out the window some times when it comes to this stuff.....Idiots going on about their kids are not doing their kids any good. Some times people want to believe and thats it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

This theory isn't just laughable it's also very scary =\ I'm all for exploring new outlooks out life, but this is just taking it a tad too far. *rolls eyes*

Advertisement