Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benitez Sacked?

• 20-12-2010 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭

So says Twitter.

Inter haven't stated anything other than news will appear on their website.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Lot of talk on twitter about it alright . His pop at moratti wasn't very wise unless he wanted the sack .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Old news. :p Was being discussed in the Liverpool thread since earlier.:D

Moratti even gave a bit of a non statement on it earlier this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Back to Liverpool? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Kess73 wrote: »
    Old news. :p Was being discussed in the Liverpool thread since earlier.:D

Pfft, I wouldn't be caught in there to find out ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

we can only hope so :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

K.R.A.P.:pac:

Where would he go to? I hope it doesn't mean Sir Alex is retiring early.:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

we can only hope so :D

Too ****ing right¬!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

wouldnt be hugely surprised tbh...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

His statement after winning the club world cup cried of fire me or leave me a lone and let me do my job my way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

He's coming home, he's coming home.
    Rafa's coming home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Never really stood much of a chance. Inheritated an aging squad decimated by injuries and wasn't given a penny to spend to improve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

How Inter got him in the first place, I will never know as he clearly isnt up to managing a club of Inter's stature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Pfft, I wouldn't be caught in there to find out ;)

Yeah you would be stopped at the doors. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Inheritated an aging squad decimated by injuries and wasn't given a penny to spend to improve it.

you cant be serious....

He inherits a treble winning squad, aging my arse. They didn't have these injury problems last season.

“Last season brought titles and self-belief. Perhaps there’s only one element that is bled dry at Inter.... That is who is responsible for the performance of the team. Inter have fantastic players and a first class medical department.

“I am not at Inter and I don’t know what’s happening, but from a scientific point of view the principle cause of these injuries could be their training methods.

“The players, medical staff and Italian football in general are the same as last year. Only one thing has changed...”

As for the lack of funds... what's this, the third club in a row that Benitez has blamed the lack of funds for his poor results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I swear is there another manager (aprt from Jose) who can generate as much comment on the interweb?

mike65 wrote: »
    I swear is there another manager (aprt from Jose) who can generate as much comment on the interweb?

Roy Keane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Never really stood much of a chance. Inheritated an aging squad decimated by injuries and wasn't given a penny to spend to improve it.
    Inter can't afford to spend any money they lost about €55m in 2009 they spend something ridiculous on wages there I don't think that he could complain too much either at the time given they had just done the treble.(I'm aware there is currently an injury crisis)

Thats why we loved him, he made us hated again, do you think anyone would give a **** if roy was sacked.

godtabh wrote: »
    Roy Keane

Thats more because he is a traitor who walked out on his country, but thats for another thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

mike65 wrote: »

Yeah, seems strange that a coach in the Italian league being possibly sacked would deserve its own thread. Did Ferrara get his own thread when Juve gave him the boot?

• Advertisement

Ush1 wrote: »
    Yeah, seems strange that a coach in the Italian league being possibly sacked would deserve its own thread. Did Ferrara get his own thread when Juve gave him the boot?

Ya strange in a soccer forum that the best team in Europe last season has just sacked their new manager after a couple of months. What a stupid thread to start in a soccer forum. No news at all, especially considering he came from one Liverpool to replace the best-known manager in the world in Mourinho. People start threads over anything these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

maximoose wrote: »
    you cant be serious....

He inherits a treble winning squad, aging my arse. They didn't have these injury problems last season.

They did. They had (and still have) a great first team but lack serious depth. They avoided any major injuries last season and their first choice eleven is as good as anyone's but that hasn't been the case this year and there have been zero funds to improve the squad strenght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

It's cos he used to manage an English team that a lot of Irish people support rather than any interest in Serie A. I wouild have thought this to be obvious.

Warper wrote: »
    Ya strange in a soccer forum that the best team in Europe last season has just sacked their new manager after a couple of months. What a stupid thread to start in a soccer forum. No news at all, especially considering he came from one Liverpool to replace the best-known manager in the world in Mourinho. People start threads over anything these days.

Best team in the world now!

They did. They had (and still have) a great first team but lack serious depth. They avoided any major injuries last season and their first choice eleven is as good as anyone's but that hasn't been the case this year and there have been zero funds to improve the squad strenght.

He has been hit with a lot injuries and misfortune. That said, to be out of the title race by Christmas with a team that has won it for the past 5 seasons and was last season the best in Europe, justifies his sacking. Stupid appointment in the first place.

Ahem, yeah, that's the point.

Suddenly alot of people are interested in the Serie A?

gustavo wrote: »
    It's cos he used to manage an English team that a lot of Irish people support rather than any interest in Serie A. I wouild have thought this to be obvious.

That's my point. Probably people who didn't like him mainly now have this interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

That won't do his masssive ego much good if true, Fair play to Inter for not putting up with his bull ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

K.R.A.P.:pac:

Where would he go to? I hope it doesn't mean Sir Alex is retiring early.:eek:

you'd never know , there might be vacancies in the red cafe for waiting staff.:D

I think if A N Other had been in Rafa's shoes and just got sacked from the reigning European Champions after a couple of months, that a new thread would have been created.

I think if A N Other had been in Rafa's shoes and just got sacked from the reigning European Champions after a couple of months, that a new thread would have been created.

I wouldn't be so sure.

As the previous poster said, nobody apart from maybe Jose gets talked about as much.

I would say mainly by Liverpool and Manchester United fans.

HIS SACKING IS NOT COMFIRMED SO LETS NOT JUMP THE GUN JUST YET.

I wouldn't be so sure.

As the previous poster said, nobody apart from maybe Jose gets talked about as much.

I would say mainly by Liverpool and Manchester United fans.

I agree that obviously if it wasnt Rafa there would be a lot less interest.

Serie A didnt become popular because of rafa. Bigger stars made it popular for UK/Irish tv such as Jose and Beckham

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Another fat payday for him. I wish I could be crap at my job and walk away with millions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

niallo27 wrote: »
    He's coming home, he's coming home.
    Rafa's coming home.

please God no.

wanting him to stay in the summer is very different to wanting him back.

i don't want him back.

he has enough of our money, and we need to look to the future.

desperately not wanting to look at Roy's face anymore is the only reason i'd even consider it.

i've deleted that last post.

lads, keep it civil.

or else....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

he's a bluffer of a manager imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

HIS SACKING IS NOT COMFIRMED SO LETS NOT JUMP THE GUN JUST YET.

Difficult to see things being resolved at this point. He was on a hiding to nothing taking the reigns after Jose's team had done the treble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

The coast is clear boss. Come on home.

RasTa wrote: »
    Another fat payday for him. I wish I could be crap at my job and walk away with millions.
    He's just won the World club championship, what are you talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

BERBA wrote: »
    he's a bluffer of a manager imo

No he's not.

He just couldn't match Man U/Chelsea at England. He did get the highest ever runners up total of 86 points, which would win the league a lot of years.

He also won La Liga twice with Valencia.

But you know all this so I can't see why you'd call him a bluffer unless you're trying to just stir heated debate, which would be very out of character.

Mister men wrote: »
    He's just won the World club championship, what are you talking about.

Check the league table

RasTa wrote: »
    Check the league table
    Check out what he's won in his short career.

Please let this happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

The guy clearly isn't up to the standard required to manage a top club.

Following Mourinio would be a poisoned chalace for anyone, but long and short, he inhereted a treble winning squad and has them 7th in place behind the likes of Palermo and Lazio. Not good enough considering they are going for five titles in a row.

Whether he is or isn't fired, so far he has been a flop.

Please let this happen.

by this i assume you mean he return?

him returning is no the answer to our woes. managers returning rarely are.

lads, he's not shíte, but he's not as good as he thinks he is; that's the bottom line of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

no suprise, blackburn watch out.

Check out what he's won in his short career.

Please let this happen.

Wtf has that got to do with him now? Seriously. No point in trying to have a discussion.

On Roy and Rafa, please explain based on this season why Roy has to go and Rafa deserves to stay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

gosplan wrote: »
    No he's not.

He just couldn't match Man U/Chelsea at England. He did get the highest ever runners up total of 86 points, which would win the league a lot of years.

He also won La Liga twice with Valencia.

But you know all this so I can't see why you'd call him a bluffer unless you're trying to just stir heated debate, which would be very out of character.

He has been an unmittigated disaster at the first club he has been at that expected from him

• Advertisement
Advertisement