Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benitez Sacked?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Fuhrer wrote: »
    So you know Xabi better than he knows himself?

No, but what I do know is that there are two sides to every story, as well as the fact that people will use the media to put the best possible spin on a story in their favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

101001 wrote: »
    That is EXACTLY! My take on the Johnson debacle. Rafa was working in an extremely weird financial environmet trying to buy players. Not having the actual cash to do so and having to make these weird complicated deals. The Aquilani transfer is anotther case in point.

Liverpool would never have seen that money for Crouch and if the possibilty even existed then the chances were extremely slim. In my opinion it was a fair enough move

How was the Aquilani transfer deal weird and complicated ?

Do you not realise that about 95% of transfers are paid in installments ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    No, but what I do know is that there are two sides to every story, as well as the fact that people will use the media to put the best possible spin on a story in their favour.

So you have one side, the direct reasoning from the player and the other side, the made up fantasy in your head.

Its good to know for future reference the kind of reasoning you take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

where is this god like worship that you speak of? some people defend his record when its attack unjustly, yes absolutely god like... :rolleyes:
    ?

Some of it can no longer post but I,m sure is still here.;)

You're in denial if you think Rafa worship does not exist here. Defend his record, last time he won anything of note was 2006 and yes I know inter won the world club championship.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Benitez drags Liverpool to "seventh" last year and leaves the club with a crock of rubbish players.

He goes to Inter Milan who have just won the treble and he has them well down the league.

Has Benitez got some kind of mind bending power and if he has he should be using it on his players and not some of the Liverpool supporters.

The man kept chopping and changing his team in the competition (the league) that is most important to win.

The man could have been a Man Utd resistance fighter sent in by Alex Ferguson to undermine Liverpool in the league. If that was his role he was good at it.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Muppet wrote: »
    Defend his record, last time he won anything of note was 2006 and yes I know inter won the world club championship.

So on that basis, Arsene Wenger is a worse manager than Benitez?

So you have one side, the direct reasoning from the player and the other side, the made up fantasy in your head.

Its good to know for future reference the kind of reasoning you take.

Let me ask you this my sarcastic pal, if Xabi thought Rafa was such a ****, then why did he end up playing the best football of his life under Rafa in the 08/09 season? It seems to me that Rafa lit a fire underneath a player who performed poorly for two previous seasons. Excellent man management imho.

Let me ask you this my sarcastic pal, if thought Rafa was such a ****, then why did he end up playing the best football of his life under Rafa in the 08/09 season? It seems to me that Rafa lit a fire underneath a player who performed poorly for two previous seasons. Excellent man management imho.

Putting himself in the shop window so a better club would come and get him?

Doesnt matter if Rafa encouraged him to play that way, doing so made it so that all he wanted to do was get out, which is shockingly bad man management.

101001 wrote: »
    Are you saying gerrard never reached his true potential as a player? WoW! Just check out his individual awards as a player Repeatedly Uefa team of the year. Repeatedly voted top ten players in the world and europe. I shudder to think what kind of Imortal he couldve become.

I'd imagine he's saying Gerrard doesn't have the awards he really wanted or that his talent deserved..

So on that basis, Arsene Wenger is a worse manager than Benitez?

If I had wanted to say that I would have, theres a lot of that crap seeping in here lately, how about replying to what is actually posted instead of making some nonsensicle extrapolation from it and replying to that.

To reply to your post Arsen Wenger didn't spend over £250 million on players so if you wish to make a comparison I suggest you do so using all information .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

If I had wanted to say that I would have, theres a lot of that crap seeping in here lately, how about replying to what is actually posted instead of making some nonsensicle extrapolation from it and replying to that.

To reply to your post Arsen Wenger didn't spend over £250 million on players so if you wish to make a comparison I suggest you do so using all information .

No point giving out about crap being posted when you're responsible for quite a bit of it because of your stirring.

People don't agree with you - tough. Get over it! Don't be saying it's crap cos it's not your opinion! Happy Christmas!

doc_17 wrote: »
    No point giving out about crap being posted when you're responsible for quite a bit of it because of your stirring.

People don't agree with you - tough. Get over it! Don't be saying it's crap cos it's not your opinion! Happy Christmas!

Who's giving out ? I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, I do if they claim I said things which I didn't in fact say. I'd imagine most people would have a problem with that, perhaps you're different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Last page, someone saying that he was worth every penny of his 15 million pay off.

one poster said that, which i can only imagine was togue in cheek even if it wasnt thats far from being worshipped like a god. the fact you think like this shows you how biased you are...

one poster said that, which i can only imagine was togue in cheek even if it wasnt thats far from being worshipped like a god. the fact you think like this shows you how biased you are...

Jesus ****ing christ...

Jesus ****ing christ...

whats that now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Why does Rafa bother you so much muppet, it seems a bit personal, you must have posted about 40 times on this thread, he got to you did he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Johnson cost 18 million, not less, 18 million.

This, in fairness.

Whatever about Alonso, can we stop pretending Johnson didn't cost 18m?

Putting himself in the shop window so a better club would come and get him?

Doesnt matter if Rafa encouraged him to play that way, doing so made it so that all he wanted to do was get out, which is shockingly bad man management.

These things happen in football, look at ferguson with stam, van nistleroy and keane, was that shocking man management

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why does Rafa bother you so much muppet, it seems a bit personal, you must have posted about 40 times on this thread, he got to you did he?

I explained my dislike for rafa before, it is more to do with his personality than anything else. It goes beyond United Liverpool TBH .

• Advertisement

I explained my dislike for rafa before, it is more to do with his personality than anything else. It goes beyond United Liverpool TBH .

I have a strong dislike for david moyes myself but i dont go posting 40 or so post in 3 days about the man, imagine your dislike for rafa, thats how most fans feel about ferguson, rafa only cared about liverpool he didnt give a **** about anyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

You can accept Ferguson is hardly a well-liked man then by comparison?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

*just had an awakening*

Thats funny I actually really like him as a person. But I hate Ferguson with a passion. I actually think he is evil, his actual existence irks me. Until two seconds ago I thought it was more than a United thing, that if he managed somewhere else id feel the same. Not sure if this is the case, I watch a fair biteen of spanish football so I still come across Ronaldo a fair bit but I dont have that blinding hate for him anymore. HUH!

Muppet you just made me grow as a person. Forget people calling you a Troll you are a facilitator of self reflection. Thank you

I have a strong dislike for david moyes myself but i dont go posting 40 or so post in 3 days about the man, imagine your dislike for rafa, thats how most fans feel about ferguson, rafa only cared about liverpool he didnt give a **** about anyone else

Need I remind you that you have 45 posts to my 30 in this thread.:D

Need I remind you that you have 45 posts to my 30 in this thread.:D

I have a vested interest in Rafa, you dont:)

noodler wrote: »

I do and the season he finishes 7th I expect to hear a lot about it. Sure when we lose a match we got the is fergie done thread.

• Advertisement

I have a vested interest in Rafa, you dont:)

You have more of an obsesssion about him that I do, it's just you have an opposing viewpoint , which is fine by me.

I do and the season he finishes 7th I expect to hear a lot about it. Sure when we lose a match we got the is fergie done thread.

Yes but rafa was sacked when he finished 7th, you should he should have being sacked while liverpool were top of the league and he spoke out against gilete and hicks

Yes but rafa was sacked when he finished 7th, you should he should have being sacked while liverpool were top of the league and he spoke out against gilete and hicks

No I said he should have been sacked when he told lies about his bosses.

You have more of an obsesssion about him that I do, it's just you have an opposing viewpoint , which is fine by me.

You call it obsession i call it respect, the fact you and so many utd supporters hate him so much means he must have done something right, i dont see see many utd fans with a hatred of Roy right now.

You call it obsession i call it respect, the fact you and so many utd supporters hate him so much means he must have done something right, i dont see see many utd fans with a hatred of Roy right now.

It's got nothing to do with United, he never really threatend United if we're honest. He got close one season but was really always playing catch up when it mattered.

• Advertisement

No I said he should have been sacked when he told lies about his bosses.

Please tell me these lies

It's got nothing to do with United, he never really threatend United if we're honest. He got close one season but was really always playing catch up when it mattered.

Why do you hate him so

Please tell me these lies

Do i really have to? I have posted it numerous times already.

Jesus ****ing christ...

not gonna back up any of your points then?

Why do you hate him so

I don't hate him. I dislike him.

If I see something posted about him that i think isn't true I challenge it.

0000012bda7b64ea0f96d3d.png

Do those averages for 2008 when he first started telling his lies and see how they look.

Include the figures from 04 when he took over and you get the full picture.

Now an average net spend of 7 million under hicks and gilllete is not going win you the title, how much did all them CL runs bring into the club

Do those averages for 2008 when he first started telling his lies and see how they look.

Right from 2008 on liverpool football club made a profit of 7.5 million on transfers. FACT

Your gone quiet Muppet

• Advertisement

Right from 2008 on liverpool football club made a profit of 7.5 million on transfers. FACT

I'm not disputing that. If rafa had waited until last season to claim he wasn't given proper financial backing he would have had a point, However he was moaning about it years ago at a time when he had been well financed.

If I recall correctly he said all the other managers had more funding than him, this was untrue at the time he said it too.
    Your gone quiet Muppet

Have I?

I'm not disputing that. If rafa had waited until last season to claim he wasn't given proper financial backing he would have had a point, However he was moaning about it years ago at a time when he had been well financed.

If I recall correctly he said all the other managers had more funding than him, this was untrue at the time he said it too.

Have I?

He said he needed proper financial to compete, when he got it they came second when it stoped they dropped back. What happened to all the cl money on 2007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

noodler wrote: »

He's widely respected and liked across the footballing world.

#15 wrote: »

Respected yeah, wouldn't say liked, he's made a career out of winding people up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

leonardo confirmed as new inter boss, breaking news on ssn

( sorry if im blind and its been posted )

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭goddevil

Respected yeah, wouldn't say liked, he's made a career out of winding people upwinning trophies year in year out

FYP:D

He said he needed proper financial to compete, when he got it they came second when it stoped they dropped back. What happened to all the cl money on 2007

Problem is he said it at a time he was properly financed.

I think we're both clear on each others opinions and should agree to disagree for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Respected yeah, wouldn't say liked, he's made a career out of winding people up.

I think your confusing Alex Ferguson with Eamonn Dunphy

Originally Posted by #15

You do know the football world is bigger than Liverpool.;)

• Advertisement

You do know the football world is bigger than Liverpool.;)

Okay, well what has he done to be "liked" by the general football world? Note that there's a difference between being respected and liked. In other words, listing the trophies that he's won doesn't count as reasoning for him being liked.

Advertisement