Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benitez Sacked?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The Muppet wrote: »
    Problem is he said it at a time he was properly financed.

I think we're both clear on each others opinions and should agree to disagree for now.

He said it at a time when there was no money available and he knew there would be no money coming, your right though we are not going to change each others mind, so we'll just agree your wrong and move along

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

not gonna back up any of your points then?

I did, I showed how ridiculous the love for him was and you said it was just meant as tongue in cheek when it clearly wasnt.

Its impossible to argue with people like you, ill show a post backing up what I was saying and you'll claim it was sarcasm or a joke or something similarly ridiculous and accuse me of being biased and so on. You're an utter waste of time, so im not going to bother.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    I did, I showed how ridiculous the love for him was and you said it was just meant as tongue in cheek when it clearly wasnt.

Its impossible to argue with people like you, ill show a post backing up what I was saying and you'll claim it was sarcasm or a joke or something similarly ridiculous and accuse me of being biased and so on. You're an utter waste of time, so im not going to bother.

Alonso said he wanted to leave so ****en what, Rooney said he wanted to leave utd, Alonso had an incredible season after the Barry ****e, everybody wanted him to stay, he could have stayed, Madrid came in and his head was turned, no one says no to madrid, no matter what the **** rafa did he would have moved. Look at ferguson with stam keane van nistleroy, he treated them like ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

niallo27 wrote: »
    Alonso said he wanted to leave so ****en what, Rooney said he wanted to leave utd, Alonso had an incredible season after the Barry ****e, everybody wanted him to stay, he could have stayed, Madrid came in and his head was turned, no one says no to madrid, no matter what the **** rafa did he would have moved. Look at ferguson with stam keane van nistleroy, he treated them like ****

Alonso said he wanted to leave pretty much directly as a response to Rafa trying to get rid of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

He said it at a time when there was no money available and he knew there would be no money coming, your right though we are not going to change each others mind, so we'll just agree your wrong and move along

He said it in 2005 a week before you won the CL. He got a lot of money that season and the following seasons too. At that time Chelsea was the only team that had spent more on players than Liverpool.

On reading the quote below it's obvious that Rafa didn't live up to his own expectations isnt it? If you need futher convincing read the linked page.
    'Shankly changed Liverpool's mentality into the hungry one that fuelled their desire to win. That was the basis of the Liverpool teams that later, even without him, went on to win those four European Cups. Bill Shankly brought fresh air to Anfield. They breathed ambition, discipline and success.

'I will try to do the same as Bill Shankly and build a successful club

despite what the other clubs have in terms of money. We just have to work hard and believe.

http://myliverpoolfc.org/red_news04-01.htm

• Advertisement

He said it in 2005 a week before you won the CL. He got a lot of money that season and the following seasons too. At that time Chelsea was the only team that had spent more on players than Liverpool.

On reading the quote below it's obvious that Rafa didn't live up to his own expectations isnt it? If you need futher convincing read the linked page.

Fair play for finding that, you'd make a great stalker muppet:D

Alonso said he wanted to leave pretty much directly as a response to Rafa trying to get rid of him.

I'm saying he would have left anyway, all managers fall out with certain players, rafa wasn't the first and won't be the last, I don't know why peolpe are making such a big deal of it

The difference is Fergie didnt want them anymore and got rid of them, Alonso left himself because of Rafa and was vital to Liverpool.

Fair play for finding that, you'd make a great stalker muppet:D

There's this website called Google you'd be amazed at what you can find there.

I take it you now accept my reasons for holding the opinion I do

Yes Chelsea were outspending Liverpool and he knew they needed to spend big to compete, what are you trying to say muppet with these comments, he didn't win a league which was his ambition but that doesn't make him a failure

• Advertisement

Yes Chelsea were outspending Liverpool and he knew they needed to spend big to compete, what are you trying to say muppet with these comments, he didn't win a league which was his ambition but that doesn't make him a failure

Failing at achieving your goal isnt failure now?

The difference is Fergie didnt want them anymore and got rid of them, Alonso left himself because of Rafa and was vital to Liverpool.

Utd struggled a bit up front after van nistleroy left didn't they I'm open to correction, stam was a big loss as well, at the time rafa made the comments about Alonso he wasn't vital to Liverpool and if he had have left then no one would have cared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I don't know why peolpe are making such a big deal of it

I do and it's as plain as day...

Gareth fookin Barry.

Paint it anyway you want to try explain/justify it but Alonso for Barry. :eek::confused::eek:

Utd struggled a bit up front after van nistleroy left didn't they I'm open to correction,

No

They scored 11 more goals the next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Rafa was doing fine up to the Summer of 08, his signings weren't bad at all barring Pennant and Morientes. When money got tight after that, not so good.

As for Alonso, he was brilliant in his last season, but not that great the 2 seasons before that and a bit injury prone.

As for lies, well G&H were the kings at that! £200 Million spending or some crap like that in the interview with Sky.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Inter have appointed a new coach, that was quick...

Failing at achieving your goal isnt failure now?

If hicks and gillette hadn't made it impossible for him he just might have had

Utd struggled a bit up front after van nistleroy left didn't they I'm open to correction,

Yeah , they only managed the league title and champions league final.

d22ontour wrote: »
    I do and it's as plain as day...

Gareth fookin Barry.

Paint it anyway you want to try explain/justify it but Alonso for Barry. :eek::confused::eek:

I agree yes, but would you have said it in 2007

But was it a mistake to let him go, what about jaap stump and keane and piqué

• Advertisement

But was it a mistake to let him go, what about jaap stump and keane and piqué

Japp was a mistake the others no.

No rafa and Liverpool were in the final that year actually

Not piqué, what about heinze

No rafa and Liverpool were in the final that year actually

wasn't sure wheter it was that year or following year .

Not piqué, what about heinze

start a thread on it and I'll go through each one with you, we're veering wildely off topic here and nobody would want that to happen.;)

wasn't sure wheter it was that year or following year .

Ha ha
    1 nil to me
    good night and happy christmas
    I'm going for my free pint

Ha ha
    1 nil to me
    good night and happy christmas
    I'm going for my free pint

Hey It's christmas I had to let you score a consolation goal.

Enjoy that pint, they taste better when they are free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Lol i love it. Pique is one of the top defenders on the planet. :pac:

The thing i like most about boards is the way any random poster can at any given stage make a complete wally of himself with what he/she posts.
    Don't worry muppet we have all done it.;)
    Happy Xmas yall.

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    No. Look it up yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Inter have confirmed Leonardo as the new manager.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/857304?cc=5739

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

you showed one post - one stupid post from one poster is god like worshipping now across the soccer forum?

i said it was tongue on cheek but even if it wasnt it doesnt prove god worship.

show me the god like worshipping? coz you;re talking through your hoop like half the people in this thread who just dont like rafa.

i have nothing against not liking him, i can see why people dont like him but poeple go after him like he has just giving them a good raping and to say he's not a good manager with his record is ridiculous...

edit: to clarify i would see god worship as posters thinking he can do no wrong - i am one of his biggest defenders and i can point out many mistakes he's made and if any of you biased united posters actually engaged in a discussion you might learn a thing or too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Inter have confirmed Leonardo as the new manager.

he consistently finished well off the pace of inter whilst in charge of AC , Dont understand why inter gave hime the job

Leonardo? , may as well be Leonardo Di Caprio in charge of inter imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Mister men wrote: »
    Lol i love it. Pique is one of the top defenders on the planet. :pac:

The thing i like most about boards is the way any random poster can at any given stage make a complete wally of himself with what he/she posts.
    Don't worry muppet we have all done it.;)
    Happy Xmas yall.

Pique wanted to return home to play football in Spain, there was very little that would have kept him.

Best defenders on the planet is a bit kind though isn't it?

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Pique wanted to return home to play football in Spain, there was very little that would have kept him.

Not imo it's not. He's a class act in defence and moving out of defence with the ball at his feet. Ferguson made a huge blunder selling him.

• Advertisement

Not imo it's not. He's a class act in defence and moving out of defence with the ball at his feet. Ferguson made a huge blunder selling him.

You don't seem to understand the part that pays he wanted to leave for home, there was no way of keeping him.

Funny thing is, if he was still at United, i'm 90% sure you'd be saying right now he's overrated.

ziggy wrote: »

I know he did, i seen the reports and read the thanks offered up by the charities he donated to. You claim he did'nt. You prove it.

Pretty sad your hatred for the man is blinding you to the fact that he's a decent human being. Ah well happy xmas all the same.

You don't seem to understand the part that pays he wanted to leave for home, there was no way of keeping him.

Funny thing is, if he was still at United, i'm 90% sure you'd be saying right now he's overrated.

Funny like how you claim he's not a top defender now he's left Man Utd. That kind of funny is it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Completely different from Alonso then! He just joined Real because of Rafa, nothing to do with Ronaldo et al and to play in Spain?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Completely different from Alonso then! He just joined Real because of Rafa, nothing to do with Ronaldo et al and to play in Spain?

Find me one comment where I said that, or else retract the words you've just put in my mouth?

• Advertisement

Funny like how you claim he's not a top defender now he's left Man Utd. That kind of funny is it.

Funny how you're reading things that aren't there.

I never said he wasn't a top defender, I said calling him one of the best defenders on the planet was a bit kind.

Funny how you're reading things that aren't there.

I never said he wasn't a top defender, I said calling him one of the best defenders on the planet was a bit kind.
    So he's not one of the best defenders on the planet then?
    Okay so.

So he's not one of the best defenders on the planet then?
    Okay so.

I'd rather have Vidic imo.

Would you consider him one of the best on the planet?

If I were John W Henry i would be giving Rafa a ring over Christmas. I would want a nice long chat about what went on during his time at Liverpool and in particular what happened in the last year / eighteen months. I think that is essential for his understanding of where they are now.

What comes of that discussion is clearly guess work - although I do suspect that the two men share very similar philosophies on many things.

I'd rather have Vidic imo.

Would you consider him one of the best on the planet?
    Vidic? Without a doubt, but we are talking Pique here. So once again you don't think he is one of the top defenders on the planet no?

Edit: Sorry Benitez thread will leave it at that.

Vidic? Without a doubt, but we are talking Pique here. So once again you don't think he is one of the top defenders on the planet no?

I think he is going to be one of the best defenders of his generation, but no, I wouldn't call him one of the best on the planet at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

i would personally love rafa to go back to liverpool , i just think some of the cr*p he came out with in press conferences was comical ,the "fact" outburst for one, if LFC fans are honest with them selves they will admit that he signed some donkeys , Voronin , degann ,paletta ,nunez,leto , dossena (did score against united so lfc fans wont think so) and worse of all mark gonzalez.

oh and Torres he,s a fantastic player when he isnt injured which seems to be every odd week now.

now before i get the back lash as a united fan ,yeah fergie signed some mules also ,djemba djemba ,kleberson ,forlan ,veron , and worse of all taibi.at least he had some quality to counter act the unbalance.

really feel for roy hodgson , quality manager left with a half arsed team , im sure pool fans will be calling for him to be sacked soon , bit sad to see all the "all i want for xmas is rafa" banners up at anfield just because rafa came back to the house he has in liverpool.
    i guess if he gets you lot a few wins , he will be the best in the premier league.lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

almanu wrote: »
    i would personally love rafa to go back to liverpool , i just think some of the cr*p he came out with in press conferences was comical ,the "fact" outburst for one, if LFC fans are honest with them selves they will admit that he signed some donkeys , Voronin , degann ,paletta ,nunez,leto , dossena (did score against united so lfc fans wont think so) and worse of all mark gonzalez.

oh and Torres he,s a fantastic player when he isnt injured which seems to be every odd week now.

now before i get the back lash as a united fan ,yeah fergie signed some mules also ,djemba djemba ,kleberson ,forlan ,veron , and worse of all taibi.at least he had some quality to counter act the unbalance.

yup i cant remember who signed torres, kuyt, alonso, garcia, reina, crouch, agger, mascherano, arbeloa...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

He didn't sign nunez you clown

well as i said im not a pool fan ,thank god ,no need for name calling .so you obviously agree with the rest of my post then , thanks for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement