Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benitez Sacked?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The Muppet wrote: »
    I agree with you, it does appear that way.

If Madrid win the European cup this year, who's team will that be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

niallo27 wrote: »
    Mourinhos of course.

He did bring in.

Carvalho
    Mateos
    Canales
    Leon
    Khedira
    Ozil
    Di Maria
    Carlos morata and sarabia.

That's a good few additions to the squad most of which are playing a good bit of football.

Enough to make it his team imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Appear being the word.

Garcia and Alonso weren't that important I suppose in winning that CL.

Considering Rafa had a better CL record than any other British club during his time at Liverpool, I find efforts to demean it, telling.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Is there some quota in force regarding the number of posts that can be made about Rafa?

you tell us, you seem to be trying to hit it anyway on this thread

34dl7hl.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Manuel Pelligerini's base that Mourinho has put his own touch on. It was Houllier's team with Benitez's touch that won in 2005.

If you remember that year Liverpool finished second in their group, consisting of Depertivo, Monaco and Olympiacos. Ye didn't exactly storm the CL.

What is the real point of this? Rafa is a good manager, he just has lost his way the last 2-3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Le King wrote: »
    Manuel Pelligerini's base that Mourinho has put his own touch on.

Pellegrini never bought a single player, off your head if you think any manager of Real picks the players.

Hint: Galacticos ;)

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Pellegrini never bought a single player, off your head if you think any manager of Real picks the players.

Fairly sure Mourinho had a pretty big hand in getting Carvalho to come to Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

dreamers75 wrote: »

Wasn't my point tbh. But he was the manager there when they were bought. I doubt he had a single say in a purchase, mind you.

Carvalho was probably the only managers buy in the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

2010-12-27.jpg

LOL

The last 3 replies aren't Pool fans!

The ironing is delic.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    LOL

The last 3 replies aren't Pool fans!

The ironing is delic.
    This is a thread because benitez was sacked from INTER MILAN, why is it ironic because posters in here aren't liverpool fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Appear being the word.

Garcia and Alonso weren't that important I suppose in winning that CL.

Considering Rafa had a better CL record than any other British club during his time at Liverpool, I find efforts to demean it, telling.

Uh huh.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    This is a thread because benitez was sacked from INTER MILAN, why is it ironic because posters in here aren't liverpool fans?

LOL

Oh that defence.

Its a bit old at this stage.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Uh huh.

:o

Should have said any European club.

Everyone should embrace these threads to be honest. They are a fantastic filtering opportunity. Quick read through before bolstering your ignore list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Everyone should embrace these threads to be honest. They are a fantastic filtering opportunity. Quick read through before bolstering your ignore list.
    There is something else thats quite clear from this thread too and thats how unwilling Liverpool fans are to let go. Its bad for the club too because every fan should be supporting the club but you get the feeling that a huge number want Hodgson to fail just so they can hail Rafa even more.

My club just got new owners who did something we all think is crazy. We still support the new manager though and hope things go well even though we think that Big Sam was harshly treated.

While things are different at both clubs, as in Liverpool have been regular Champion's League qualifiers over the last couple of years, Allardyce saved us from what looked like certain relegation and got us 10th last year despite having to sell our best players to cover debts.

Liverpool fans need to move on and support their current manager and squad and stop all the backbiting and criticism of the players and manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Anyone who thinks Houllier would have achieved what Rafa did with that team in 05 is deluded. It still stupifies me that the man won the CL with wallies like Traore, Biscan, Baros, Kewell and Cisse in the team. What Rafa managed to achieve with that team in 05 defies all reason and logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Uh huh.

HA HA I think that Uh huh is telling you that you are wrong. I love the way rubbish like that and "Rafa is a winner" is posted and expected to be accepted as true. You do know he failed to qualify twice for the CL in his reign.
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks Houllier would have achieved what Rafa did with that team in 05 is deluded. It still stupifies me that the man won the CL with wallies like Traore, Biscan, Baros, Kewell and Cisse in the team. What Rafa managed to achieve with that team in 05 defies all reason and logic.

I agree it does defy all logic and reason even more so when you consider their final league position that season, You couldn't really expect the fifth best team in England to be Champions of Europe but thats Cup competitions for you, a bit of luck and you can get those freakish results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

This thread is pointless. Haters gonna hate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

It's ironic because these non 'Pool fans are not really talking about why he was sacked from Inter. It seems to be mostly a re-hash of why he was sacked from Liverpool. Same old faces saying same old things. It's pointless at the minute.

Is there even one person who has changed their position based on anything they have read in this thread?

doc_17 wrote: »
    It's ironic because these non 'Pool fans are not really talking about why he was sacked from Inter. It seems to be mostly a re-hash of why he was sacked from Liverpool. Same old faces saying same old things. It's pointless at the minute.

Is there even one person who has changed their position based on anything they have read in this thread?

We are talking about why he was sacked from Inter, it happens to be the same reason he was sacked from Liverpool, poor manegerial performance, and lieing about his bosses to excuse that poor performance, such comparisons are bound to be highlighted in the discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

We are talking about why he was sacked from Inter, it happens to be the same reason he was sacked from Liverpool, poor manegerial performance, and lieing about his bosses to excuse that poor performance, such comparisons are bound to be highlighted in the discussion.

Yeah you may claim that. I'm not getting into it for reasons stated above but my question still stands.......

Anyone change their mind about him based on what they read on this thread?

Yeah you may claim that. I'm not getting into it for reasons stated above but my question still stands.......

Anyone change their mind about him based on what they read on this thread?

There is indeed, Mr Alan PM'ed me to say he now agree''s with my view of Rafa's Liverpool reign. :)

This may not have actually happened.

I'm not even going bother discussing Liverpool with you, but who did he lie to at inter, I thought he just said the team needed investment which is true, inter are very like chelsea with a thin ageing squad

I'm not even going bother discussing Liverpool with you, but who did he lie to at inter, I thought he just said the team needed investment which is true, inter are very like chelsea with a thin ageing squad

They must be suffering rather rapid ageing, they won the treble 7 months ago.

• Advertisement

They must be suffering rather rapid ageing, they won the treble 7 months ago.

Chelsea won the double 7 months ago, you didn't answer my question though how did he lie to inter

Chelsea won the double 7 months ago, you didn't answer my question though how did he lie to inter

His usual lie of needing more money to build the squad making it out to be poorer than it is as a cover up for his poor results.

Chelsea's manager is'nt publically moaning about lack of funds to bolster his squad.

His usual lie of needing more money to build the squad making it out to be poorer than it is as a cover up for his poor results.

Chelsea's manager is'nt publically moaning about lack of funds to bolster his squad.

Do you not think inter need to buy some players

Do you not think inter need to buy some players

I don't think that age is the primary factor in their poor league position. Do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I don't think that age is the primary factor in their poor league position. Do you?

Well, we'll see with Leonardo does. He has plenty of time left to win the league and Champions League with last season's treble winners!!

• Advertisement

Probaly a factor along with the heart for it, look at utd they always freshen the squad up every year, you can't stand still

Probaly a factor along with the heart for it, look at utd they always freshen the squad up every year, you can't stand still

I agree with adding players, it's the public comments of the manager that I don't agree with, The fact that he has done similar at three clubs now indicate it's a character trait.

Exactly, you don't just stand still. If you win a treble, freshen things up slightly. The only new player brought in was a youngster who was out on loan the season before.

Did Inter let a player go as well??

I agree with adding players, it's the public comments of the manager that I don't agree with, The fact that he has done similar at three clubs now indicate it's a character trait.

Yeah, that could be a flaw alright. I'd agree with that. But in terms of Liverpool, i agree with him. After Athens, he came out the next day and told the Americans what they need to do. He called their bluff and he exposed them for what they are.

If Hodgson was managing under those cowboys, we'd be in a much worse state. Rafa Benitez is as important a figure in Liverpool's history as much as anyone in getting rid of those absolute w*nkers. He got the ball rolling and help exposed them for what they were.

That, the trophies and the Champions League nights that stretched into the part of the end of season when 7:45pm kick offs begin in daylight is why i will always appreciate Rafa.

monkey9 wrote: »
    That, the trophies and the Champions League nights that stretched into the part of the end of season when 7:45pm kick offs begin in daylight is why i will always appreciate Rafa.

Good times.

78985655.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892155F29F61288AC1CAD82FB007707CF826D27CD345B8BB5C6F8A122E3D5DDC15E7

Good times.

78985655.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892155F29F61288AC1CAD82FB007707CF826D27CD345B8BB5C6F8A122E3D5DDC15E7

I can't see that picture? Is that just me? I bet it's a good one an' all!! :(

Yeah, that could be a flaw alright. I'd agree with that. But in terms of Liverpool, i agree with him. After Athens, he came out the next day and told the Americans what they need to do. He called their bluff and he exposed them for what they are.

If Hodgson was managing under those cowboys, we'd be in a much worse state. Rafa Benitez is as important a figure in Liverpool's history as much as anyone in getting rid of those absolute w*nkers. He got the ball rolling and help exposed them for what they were.

That's all fine by me, unfortuanately some users refuse to admit to his flaws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I can't see that picture? Is that just me? I bet it's a good one an' all!! :(

Nah it's shít, doesn't even have Lucas in it...

Sorry but that doesn't make it ironic.

That's all fine by me, unfortuanately some users refuse to admit to his flaws.

Well, we all have flaws. Even Ferguson has flaws. But maybe some users feel the need to defend what Rafa has done for Liverpool against the barrage of bull****.

Genuinely Muppet, yes or no. Do you think Rafa was good for Liverpool?

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Nah it's shít, doesn't even has Lucas in it...

Yeah they couldn't even line up properly for a photo.;)

How come i can't see the feckin' photo? I'm thinking now it's the squad with the European Cup in Ataturk.

Well, we all have flaws. Even Ferguson has flaws. But maybe some users feel the need to defend what Rafa has done for Liverpool against the barrage of bull****.

Genuinely Muppet, yes or no. Do you think Rafa was good for Liverpool?

Over all I don't, I think some other managers would have left Liverpool with a better squad of players given the same resources.

How come i can't see the feckin' photo? I'm thinking now it's the squad with the European Cup in Ataturk.

NAh it's the 2007 bus.;)

Over all I don't, I think some other managers would have left Liverpool with a better squad of players given the same resources.

Fair enough, if that's what you really think. But back in 2004, if someone had told me the squad we would be left with in 2010 after everything Rafa had achieved, i'd have been delirious.

NAh it's the 2007 bus.;)

I detest thanking you're posts, but f*ck it anyway. It's Christmas!

Fair enough, if that's what you really think. But back in 2004, if someone had told me the squad we would be left with in 2010 after everything Rafa had achieved, i'd have been delirious.

If you still here in 20 years time and Liverpools and United fortunes have been reversed you might well find yourself making a similar assesment on a united manager.

LOL

Oh that defence.

Its a bit old at this stage.
    What defence, you get very defensive all the time for some reason.

If you read through the thread you'll know I haven't been overly critical of Rafa, I have gave fairly level headed thoughts on the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I reckon Rafa would be a good gaffer for Ipswich if Keano gets the push.

• Advertisement

If you still here in 20 years time and Liverpools and United fortunes have been reversed you might well find yourself making a similar assesment on a united manager.

No i really wouldn't. I rarely, if ever venture into the Everton thread. I honestly just could not be arsed!

In fact, i say right now that David Moyes has done an amazing job with that club. And even though i think that, i still don't go in and say he's been awful for the club just for a reaction

I use Everton as an example cos i hate them, but i respect them. I just don't care that much about them that i would have more posts in their thread (as well as Utd's one, if you's become sh!te), than i would in Liverpool's.

Advertisement