Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benitez Sacked?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Mister men wrote: »
    It's everything to do with it. Is Wenger a crap manager now?
    Wenger makes money because he buys good players, unfortunately they just don't like England, or want to break the Arsenal wage structure because they get big heads. If player power wasn't such a factor Arsenal would still have Cole and Flamini at least who would improve them greatly. Rafa loses money while still not getting the results in the league, he's a cup manager tbh.
    Columbia wrote: »
    Being the top team in Europe without ever being the top team in England, some achievement.
    this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Well the records show they qualified 5 out of 5 seasons and the one year he didnt he got sacked, while the money was flowing there was improvement every year, when it stoped liverpool fell back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well the records show they qualified 5 out of 5 seasons and the one year he didnt he got sacked, while the money was flowing there was improvement every year, when it stoped liverpool fell back again.
    says a lot about the manager tbh, it's not like he had nothing to spend either.

Liam O wrote: »
    says a lot about the manager tbh, it's not like he had nothing to spend either.

What manger is winning things without money, and please dont say wenger to me, utd had a 30 million striker on the bench last game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Mister men wrote: »
    It's everything to do with it. Is Wenger a crap manager now?
    BTW this site is for discussion of football related matters so what do you mean by " No point in trying to have a discussion ".

On your second point even a child could see Hodgson has a brutal record in terms of cups won, Rafa does'nt.

There is no point trying to have a discussion because you are delusional in your defence of all things Rafa.

I was comparing Roy as Inter fans feel the exact same way as you guys do towards Roy. It's the first time since 06 that Inter haven't being top at Christmas and that blame goes to the manager. Also factor in that he failed to top their group with the current European champions that consisted of Spurs, Twente and Bremen...

RasTa wrote: »
    There is no point trying to have a discussion because you are delusional in your defence of all things Rafa.

I was comparing Roy as Inter fans feel the exact same way as you guys do towards Roy. It's the first time since 06 that Inter haven't being top at Christmas and that blame goes to the manager. Also factor in that he failed to top their group with the current European champions that consisted of Spurs, Twente and Bremen...

There is no point trying to have a discussion because you are delusional in your hate of all things liverpool and ex-liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

There is no point trying to have a discussion because you are delusional in your hate of all things liverpool and ex-liverpool.

Good point, well put.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

This thread is not about Liverpool though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's no great surprise. He's a very, very average manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

What manger is winning things without money, and please dont say wenger to me, utd had a 30 million striker on the bench last game.

Yet they have consistantly spent less money on transfers than Liverpool, go figure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

He hasnt been confirmed as sacked yet so /

Columbia wrote: »
    Being the top team in Europe without ever being the top team in England, some achievement.

The year they won it, they weren't even the top team in Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Paully D wrote: »
    It's no great surprise. He's a very, very average manager.

He looks a bit like Biffo to me

over rated and pulling woll over the eyes of everyone, if and when he gets sacked by Inter I doubt any 'big' team will fire, sorry I mean hire him again

if and when he gets sacked by Inter I doubt any 'big' team will fire, sorry I mean hire him again

He'll get a job no doubt.

Maybe a "small" team will ?

This thread is not about Liverpool though...

My point is peolpe can't give a unbiased opinion of the man because of the hatred they have for him, weather it's standing up to mr ferguson or having a go a the little club across the park

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Rafa has been a disaster. He has turned what was a solid hard working team into a team of individuals.
    He has turned the most lethal finisher in european football (Milito) into a headless chicken.

They kept their entire treble winning squad and added two very good young attackers in Philippe Coutinho and Jonathan Biabiany.

People saying "he had nothing to spend wah wah wah" it's inter, he doesn't make transfer decisions, neither did Jose, it's just how things are done at the top Italian clubs, always has been and probably always will be. Moratti and his board take recommendations from their scouting networks and the manager and then decide which to pursue which ones they feel are viable and would enhance the squad.

But that's besides the point, they are european champions, they didn't need to enhance their squad, they just won a ****ing treble for crying out loud.

Rafa deserves to be sacked.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Rafa has been a disaster. He has turned what was a solid hard working team into a team of individuals.
    He has turned the most lethal finisher in european football (Milito) into a headless chicken.

They kept their entire treble winning squad and added two very good young attackers in Philippe Coutinho and Jonathan Biabiany.

People saying "he had nothing to spend wah wah wah" it's inter, he doesn't make transfer decisions, neither did Jose, it's just how things are done at the top Italian clubs, always has been and probably always will be. Moratti and his board take recommendations from their scouting networks and the manager and then decide which to pursue which ones they feel are viable and would enhance the squad.

But that's besides the point, they are european champions, they didn't need to enhance their squad, they just won a ****ing treble for crying out loud.

I don't watch Italian football, but wasn't milto injured most of the season so far, and could you not say he has got more out of eto on 3 months than Jose did in his time there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So your saying no team who wins something should try and improve their squad just wait until another team takes over them with better players as they stand still with their current squad because they were last seasons champions.

• Advertisement

I don't watch Italian football, but wasn't milto injured most of the season so far, and could you not say he has got more out of eto on 3 months than Jose did in his time there

Milito has played 9 games this season, out of 16, so he missed 7.

In those 9 games he has played, he has been beyond ****. He has scored 3 goals and done damned all else. He looks a shadow of what he was and hopelessly out of confidence in himself or those around him. He has actually only missed about 5 league games through injury and wason the bench for the other two. So no, he hasn't been iunjured for most of the season.

With regards to Eto'o, most of his goals have been in games against small clubs, he hasn't scored in a big game this year at all. Also, last season he worked his balls off in the channels, tracked back and was a team player, this year he stays in the final third, never puts in a tackle and moans for 99% of the game at those around him. Poor Cutinho must hate playign beside him because any time he tries anything for himself he gets moaned at for about 5 minutes.

Inter are going backwards under Rafa, it's plane to see.
    The man isn't good enough.

On top of that, he has lost the dressing room.
    The two biggest influences in the Inter dressing room are Marco Materazzi and Dejan Stankovic, both have openly criticised him, the second that happened, it was only a matter of time before he walked or was pushed.

So your saying no team who wins something should try and improve their squad just wait until another team takes over them with better players as they stand still with their current squad because they were last seasons champions.

They did improve their squad. The added Two young attackers, they also have Davide Santon available from the start of the season, which is as good as a new signing as he missed almost all of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

Good post Seaneh. Good to get the viewpoint of someone who actually follows Inter. Never mind the guys who'll try to pick apart your post with nonsensical rubbish, it's obvious to most that Benitez will deservedly get the sack again soon.

Ardent wrote: »
    Good post Seaneh. Good to get the viewpoint of someone who actually follows Inter. Never mind the guys who'll try to pick apart your post with nonsensical rubbish, it's obvious to most that Benitez will deservedly get the sack again soon.

I actually support Milan, but I watch most inter games too.

On top of that, he has lost the dressing room.
    The two biggest influences in the Inter dressing room are Marco Materazzi and Dejan Stankovic, both have openly criticised him, the second that happened, it was only a matter of time before he walked or was pushed.

Also, don't forget that Milito's agent came out near the start of the season hinting that his client might leave Inter in the next transfer window. He cited a non-existent relationship between Benitez and Milito as the reason for this.

He is not an inter fan though, he is a Milan fan.

• Advertisement

Also, don't forget that Milito's agent came out near the start of the season hinting that his client might leave Inter in the next transfer window. He cited a non-existent relationship between Benitez and Milito as the reason for this.

Never heard that one tbh.

Isn't that more down to milto than rafa, if a player is not even willing to give a new manager a chance, he is the problem

Isn't that more down to milto than rafa, if a player is not even willing to give a new manager a chance, he is the problem

Of course you're right, it's all Milito's fault. And all the other players who fell foul of Benitez and his methods.

Sounds like a player looking for excuses in my opinion, if he is not doing his job on front of goal, he has to expected to be substituted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

This thread is win.

Of course you're right, it's all Milito's fault. And all the other players who fell foul of Benitez and his methods.

You say he has turned milto into ****e but refuse to admit eto looks like a better player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

flahavaj wrote: »
    He should get away from the game for at least the rest of the season, before taking over at Tottenham when Harry takes the English job (just to hear BERBA's reaction this would be epic :pac:).

chri$t No:eek:

Fair enough Milito is having a poor season compared to last year.

Eto on the other hand has scored 19 goals in 18 apps this season when he scored 16 in the whole of last season.

He seems to have clicked with one striker and not another.

I'll be honest with you though, I don't know that much about the Italian league so I won't pretend to unlike a few experts on here.

I wish I could sacked in my job for a couple of mill though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

rarnes1 wrote: »

Yeah, woe is Benitez eh? Racking up another few million for a few months work, assured of employment of some description in the future, while already having experienced competitive and professional highs that far outweigh what the vast majority of men achieve in their entire careers.

Jokes on him obviously.

I find it hard to imagine that Inter would have signed him on a simple 4 or 5 year deal though. Given the Liverpool situation, you would have thought they would have included various performance related clauses in the contract or offered him a fairly short term deal.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yeah, woe is Benitez eh? Racking up another few million for a few months work, assured of employment of some description in the future, while already having experienced competitive and professional highs that far outweigh what the vast majority of men achieve in their entire careers.

Jokes on him obviously.

I think Benitez has dirtied his bib big time over the past 2 years or so. His reputation is now not what it once was and the big jobs will not as forthcoming as a result.

poxing his way to that champo league success in 2005 sorted him bigtime , nothing about the majority of rubbish players he brought to liverpool in his time there, if he hadnt won that in 05 he would have been gone much earlier imo , he bought himself 5 years on the strength of that champ league success in 05

BERBA wrote: »
    poxing his way to that champo league success in 2005 sorted him bigtime , nothing about the majority of rubbish players he brought to liverpool in his time there, if he hadnt won that in 05 he would have been gone much earlier imo , he bought himself 5 years on the strength of that champ league success in 05

Clueless post

Clueless post

50m Senor Benitez spent on Keano , Acqua and Babel :eek:, could go on and on and on with his bizarre spending on players

now thats clueless my friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

50m Senor Benitez spent on Keano , Acqua and Babel :eek:, could go on and on and on with his bizarre spending on players

The way Hodgson let Aquilani go was more bizarre than Rafa signing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He seems to be a very poor manager when it comes to dealing with his bosses. The ultimatum he came out with after the Club World Cup win, which was not exactly entirely his victory in all honesty, smacked of someone who was playing to the elements outside the club. That might have worked at Anfield but it's not going to work at Inter, especially since the club are in financial difficulty and can't presumably afford all the players he is asking for. If he fails at Inter, which looks increasingly likely, then he can forget about finding a similar type of job in the forseeable future, so this will be a blow to his career.

poxing his way to that champo league success in 2005

As I said, clueless. You suck at posting.

If you want to talk about LFC I will debate with you elsewhere and not drag this thread OT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

He seems to be a very poor manager when it comes to dealing with his bosses. The ultimatum he came out with after the Club World Cup win, which was not exactly entirely his victory in all honesty, smacked of someone who was playing to the elements outside the club. That might have worked at Anfield but it's not going to work at Inter, especially since the club are in financial difficulty and can't presumably afford all the players he is asking for. If he fails at Inter, which looks increasingly likely, then he can forget about finding a similar type of job in the forseeable future, so this will be a blow to his career.

if he got sacked at inter i still think he would walk into any top job in Europe

Old arry spent 17 million on keane and then sent him off on loan, that's quite bizarre, you don't have to try wind people up on every post, it's gets a bit ****e when you do it the whole time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I am amazed at the amount of trolling going on and people are still biting

please insert "haters gona hate" gif here

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Rafas had some bad luck with injuries at Inter. No question. That being said hes made some odd decisions.

He moved Eto into a lone striker position and dropped Milito to the bench. Under Jose Eto played on the left and tried to support Milito as much as he could. While Eto has had a good season so far the teams attacking threat isn't what it was. Their +6 goal difference is a good indication of where their problems lie. Only Roma have a worse GD in the top half of the able. +1 or +2 something like that.

I saw Inter play Lecce and it was a real indication of how their season has been. 1-1 and Inter never looked like pushing on to win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

argosy2006 wrote: »
    if he got sacked at inter i still think he would walk into any top job in Europe

I don't think so.

He failed with a very good Inter squad. He'll possibly take time off and re-asses things. I doubt the top echelon of mega teams in Europe will be crying out for Rafa Benitez at the moment.

Old arry spent 17 million on keane and then sent him off on loan, that's quite bizarre, you don't have to try wind people up on every post, it's gets a bit ****e when you do it the whole time

lets get it right if your gonna rant , harry brought keano back for 12m , not a wind up , thread is about benitez and i stated a fact about him spending (more like wastin) 50m on 3 players whilst in charge of pool , think the bloke is a bluffer and he now found out at inter.

• Advertisement

lets get it right if your gonna rant , harry brought keano back for 12m , not a wind up , thread is about benitez and i stated a fact about him spending (more like wastin) 50m on 3 players whilst in charge of pool , think the bloke is a bluffer and he now found out at inter.

Can I give you back keane palacios and bent for 35 million, crouch bassong and pavelochoko or whatever his name is or hardly huge success for another 30 million

Advertisement